What's new

Cloning is easy

One Love 731

Veteran
When the EZ Cloner is full I use the following.

30$ greenhouse that holds 6 trays
minigreenhouse.jpg

8-10$ hygrometer/thermometer
12644031700.jpg

Easy and cheap. I like to keep humidity 70% tops, the domes keep things too wet. Humidity control is as simple as adjusting zippers. I keep it in the room with my moms so no extra light is needed. 1:ying:

I usually use other technique for cloning, no clones dead in experiment, can get roots well or not, but plant are always alive.

dsc00207a.jpg

Easier to undertand with this video

Last edited:

_Dude

Scroger, yeah, big numbers of clones. The first bubbler I ever built worked great, it was all the big ones I tried to build after that that went tits up on me. I think water levels are a big deal with bubblers and nobody ever really talked about it. But I found that the water too high causes them all to rot.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Dude,
Yeah right makes sense, you dont need to submerge the whole stem, i submerge about 12-15mm or so, ive split stems, scarified, done with & without & never lost a clone with a Bubbler. H2o2 is handy against rot & clones root great with it. I think there are rules to follow with Bubblecloning if you want success.

Some people prefer not to submerge, sorta Aero style, ive tried both ways & sumerged works better for me!

G'Luck Dude!

Last edited:

kusher.jim

It is true that some clones rot in bubble cloners and is true that H2O2 is solving them.
but i would like to try it Aero style maybe add some airstones more.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Clones will rot in any wrong environment, namely anerobic warm low o2 solutions, keep the solution aerobic, manage the temps, if you got H2o2 use it & you should be away with no issues.
If you read back a page or three i explain Bubbleclone procedure for success iirc.! Theres a link to a good thread on subject too somewhere back there. Easiest way to clone for me, just have to follow the rules!

Leave clones in 83f solution temps for 10 days & use a crap pump, you'll surly get rot. H2o2 will defend against this, you are correct, but after good roots have formed you should be adjusting the temps slowly back down to 68f, really, with h2o2 added, theres very little chance(if any) of getting an infection. Nothing H2o2 wouldnt fix anyway, even if you got a little rot going on.

Think of germing seeds, clones need a similar warm environment to actually root, but once theve rooted(same with sprouts/seedlings), the environment gets adjusted for the next growth phase.

Allways fancied building an EZ cloner, wouldnt mind giving it a try sometime! Just Bubbling is soo fkin easy!

G'Luck!

Last edited:
I usually use other technique for cloning, no clones dead in experiment, can get roots well or not, but plant are always alive.

dsc00207a.jpg

Easier to undertand with this video

Same clon few weeks after.

I have buried the clon about 10cm and coming soon there will be 2 more clones in both sides :jump:

DSC00253.JPG

DSC00254.JPG

Like you can see, I never cut stem before, always when it have is own roots.

Have a nice week!! :tiphat:

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
you guys be making this shit too hard, you take the DEA method to everything. you dont need to go through bubble cloners and all that shit if you dont even know why you're doing it or what it is exactly you're doing on a finer level. just learn what it is you are doing and how that happens and you will be ok.

you want roots? what do roots need? water and air. you can clone with just plain water out of your sink, dont have to ph it or add anything to it. you could go outside to the gutter and scoop up a cup of filthy water from a mud puddle and clone in that. attack the problems not the symptoms.

with that being said you should be able to clone in anything in your house with huge success if you know the operating principles behind what it is you are trying to achieve. get a cut, wrap it in paper towel, moisten and wrap the stem in plastic wrap and leave it on a window sill with some sunlight falling on it during the day. make sure it doesnt dry out (thats what the plastic wrap is for) and in a few days you will see roots. doesnt need to be dark or any of that other mumbo jumbo. just needs to be warm, moist and have air.

bubble cloners... i dont even see why you guys go through all that expense. buyong a heater and all kinds of other shit? why? you dont even need all that. rube goldberg like someone else said earlier.

No not at all, the OP said he couldnt manage it(bubblecloning) & gets great success in soil/spagnum peat moss etc. i find it strange people cant manage Bubblecloning, for me its the easiest way to clone there is!
each to the own, as long as we all get there in the end! To be fair, hydroponic/water culture growers should find it alot easier that most!

Ya know I do pretty much agree with what you both are saying.
I have used just about every type/technique of cloning conceivable; wick, dirt, bubble, plain water and even dabbled some with micro-propagation and grafting a little. I have also used the same methods and techniques for cloning apple trees, jalapenos, tomatoes and various other plants. At one place I worked we run thousands of clones in each cycle.

Hands down the easiest/fastest method of large scale propagation is a bubbler system. I honestly can't even guess how many dozens of new employees I have taught to clone using bubblers. For smaller numbers (30 or less) I love my Wally-World passive wick cloner. BUT it isn't near as fast as a bubbler.

Scroger, how come you didn't tell us how many clones you produce in a given period of time?

;)

DWC. Small numbers of plants you grow to bush or tree size, right? That means small numbers of clones. That means you run small potatoes op in terms of cuttings. Boutique. Some of us have to run it McDonalds style. 1 billion served.

Ummmm. I deliver between 200 and 300 clones to dispensaries every 2 weeks. Not exactly Micky D's but I kill probably twice as many because I run out of room and only select the choicest plants for sale.

Understand that I also have a maximum plant count and in order to keep my garden in compliance with state laws, I have to transport a bubble-tub of un-rooted cuttings 2-1/2 hrs. That means that I can't afford to have a low success rate once the cloner is plugged in at the dispensary. I use bubble systems because I typically get about 90% success in about 10 days, and it's is hands free. I plug it in and leave it until I return to refill the cloner and pot the last run.

I do agree that ANY aspect of growing is quite easy once a person learns "why" certain steps are required and "why" a cutting will grow roots, it does make the whole thing much easier and less frustrating.

Marn

so cloning hasn't been so easy for me. i use rockwool in a prop dome. most of them end up turning pale yellow before any roots pop out of the bottom. i pressed down some of the rockwool and saw that the cutting is growing roots so i planted a few into 12oz cups with the hope they perk back up.

any one have any idea what i'm doing wrong or what I can do better? i've taken 3 rounds of clones and none of them have gone the way i'd want.

Scrogerman

Veteran
so cloning hasn't been so easy for me. i use rockwool in a prop dome. most of them end up turning pale yellow before any roots pop out of the bottom. i pressed down some of the rockwool and saw that the cutting is growing roots so i planted a few into 12oz cups with the hope they perk back up.

any one have any idea what i'm doing wrong or what I can do better? i've taken 3 rounds of clones and none of them have gone the way i'd want.

R u using a heated propagator? are you keeping tempreture & RH constant, r u misting? r u using/adding any rooting hormone &or nutes?.

Bubblecloning might serve you better, alot less hassle once you set it up. No misting, no domes, piss easy!

Talk us through your exact method from scratch.

http://grodan101.com/graphics/hydroponics/Leaflets/Start_ENGLISH_lo-res.pdf
When starting from cuttings, consider soaking
the stone wool in a weak (1/4 strength) nutrient
solution, adjusted to pH 5.5 instead of plain pH
5.5 water - especially if the cuttings are typically

“fast rooters”.

Last edited:
S

staff11

I just use peat or coco pucks, put them in a humidity dome with a 26watt CFL about 16 inches above them a little cheap rooting powder from Lowes, and they all usually root, some quicker then others but normally always by day 16. Yeah might not be as fast as some but it works.

Doesn't really get any easier. I will have to add a bit of water usually by day 10, just don't soak them. Moist not drenched.

No heating pad, and I just crack the dome on about day 7 for some fresh air flow, but I never take it completely off.

Marn

R u using a heated propagator? are you keeping tempreture & RH constant, r u misting? r u using/adding any rooting hormone &or nutes?.

Bubblecloning might serve you better, alot less hassle once you set it up. No misting, no domes, piss easy!

Talk us through your exact method from scratch.

http://grodan101.com/graphics/hydroponics/Leaflets/Start_ENGLISH_lo-res.pdf
When starting from cuttings, consider soaking
the stone wool in a weak (1/4 strength) nutrient
solution, adjusted to pH 5.5 instead of plain pH
5.5 water - especially if the cuttings are typically

“fast rooters”.

not using a heated prop, temp is constant, misting with water with a tiny bit of clonex mixed in, no nutes but I do have some 'b'cuzz root' lying around.

i did it the standard way, just dipped in clonex and stuck into the cubes. out of the first rounds of cutting i don't think i stuck them in far enough because I checked them and they are growing roots but just not a lot of them and not enough to where they poke through the bottom.

Latest posts

Latest posts