What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Glad you guys enjoyed the ladies. I have 4 more DP ladies to update as well. Just too pooped lately to get to them. Ill try to get two more up tonight everyone.

Shooters

Well I'll answer ya; the pic progression works great, and I appreciate the time and effort it takes to keep 'em in focus and then re-size and upload them all takes time! Thanks

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a tight project Dave! yesterday's flower pix even brought me out of lurk

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
cant wait to here your report on the afropips durbans. Are you making any seeds with them? Sure would be nice if somebody continued his line.... I know Id buy um!

SourDank

Veteran
Everything is looking stellar Dave, and I'm a big fan of the progression pics. Your gonna be flying high in a month or 2!!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban Poison K Day 44 Flowering Update

Durban Poison K Day 44 Flowering Update

Hey gang, I still owe you some more Durban so lets get to it before I get into some college football today. Were showing off Durban Poison K. She's looking like a quick finisher, but quick is 70-90 days for me especially after growing these Thai. Over halfway there!

Ive only got a couple pics of her this time, but more will come in time. You can see Thai Stick F in the background. Not much going on there yet.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Well I'll answer ya; the pic progression works great, and I appreciate the time and effort it takes to keep 'em in focus and then re-size and upload them all takes time! Thanks

Thanks Shooter. It does take some time to get the shots, and then touch them up afterwards. But its worth it. I like doing it, and it appears you all like it too.

This is a tight project Dave! yesterday's flower pix even brought me out of lurk

Yes! I knew there were lurkers out there in the shadows. Good to draw you out :) Im glad you're enjoying the garden. There will be more to come.

cant wait to here your report on the afropips durbans. Are you making any seeds with them? Sure would be nice if somebody continued his line.... I know Id buy um!

You and me both. I can't wait to sample this line in about a month. Im excited about it.

Indeed, I will be making seeds to send into the boo as freebies. It'll be awhile before that happens though. No way I can let this line not be reproduced with what Ive got. If you're a patient guy eventually you'll be able to get your hands on some of these seeds.

Everything is looking stellar Dave, and I'm a big fan of the progression pics. Your gonna be flying high in a month or 2!!

Another one for the progression :). I like it too, so I think I will continue doing it from time to time. Takes awhile, but its worth it.
I can't wait to puff on these wonderful ladies in the near future too. Im hoping it'll be a real treat.

Time to get back to some Durban Updates now.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 44 Flowering DP E Flowering Update

Day 44 Flowering DP E Flowering Update

Ive only got one pic of this lady as she was on the far corner of the garden. We will see more of her in the future. She needs a least 1.5 more months before she's ready, so plenty of time for pictures.

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 44 Flowering Update DP I Update

Day 44 Flowering Update DP I Update

Next up is Durban Poison I. Such a pretty little thing. I could stare at her all night. I can't wait to see how these durbans develop over the next month.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 44 Flowering Update Durban Poison F

Day 44 Flowering Update Durban Poison F

Our very last lady is Durban Poison F.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Indeed, I will be making seeds to send into the boo as freebies. It'll be awhile before that happens though. No way I can let this line not be reproduced with what Ive got. If you're a patient guy eventually you'll be able to get your hands on some of these seeds.

Hell yeah, all I got is time, Patients is one of the requirements of being a grower! Until then I'll be your stalker, haha!

Anyway beautiful shots man, how are the early smells .... uh .... smellin?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hell yeah, all I got is time, Patients is one of the requirements of being a grower! Until then I'll be your stalker, haha!

Anyway beautiful shots man, how are the early smells .... uh .... smellin?

Well...thats where I run into a road block. Everything Ive ever grown from Afropips has often been unique to the nose. Scents that are often foreign to me, and very difficult to describe. His Swazi Red had a earthy/wooden aroma with a touch of cedar humidor to it. The Senegal Haze reminded me of a floral bouquet of exotic flowers spritzed with an even more exotic perfume. Was a real treat to just bury my nose into those ladies.

I get a great rush just sniffing these Durban Poison, but I can't quite put it into words yet. Ill get to share some of it with friends soon, so Ill try to get their thoughts on how she smells for you.

Looking good Dave!
That one Thai stick is looking crazy!
160+ days?
Even I've never gone that long!

Thanks for joining Frank. The infamous Mango Haze Frank? :biggrin: I enjoyed that thread alot and was one of the reasons I grew out Mango Haze.

She's at 167 Days flowering now. More and more of her calyxes are turning yellow and/or brown. I noticed it only on the top side of the buds, and not the bottoms where they get less light though. Ill need to try and rectify that so I dont get half yellow and half green buds at harvest. Not so easy as they got so heavy and floppy. What a terrible burden I have...hahaha

Still putting out white pistils at the end of her foxtails but as long as those calyxes keep stacking, Ill let her go. Although Im kinda considering not waiting 210 days before making my first harvest from her. She doesn't smell nearly as strong as she has before. Her younger sister smells so much stronger and more intense.

I may have missed the window for maximum terpenes..I guess it couldn't hurt to go ahead and harvest one of her branches. She has plenty to go around...

Hmm I just went and sniffed TSA, both parts of buds that are still green and parts that are yellow, brown, purple. The foxtails that are green are the ones least exposed to light, and also smell the strongest. I smelled some lower green buds and It smelled like I was rubbing my nose in a fresh pile of lemon zest with a touch of pine to be found. Nothing close to that when I smell the yellow foxtais. Its the foxtails that are most exposed to the light and yellow as a result, are lacking the most in terpenes. :( Id like to see more foxtails go yellow, but I dont want to lose terpenes either. I hate dilemmas.

I can't help but wonder how yellow those calyxes would be now if the lights were able to be further away. Would they even be yellow at this point???? Im sure they'd smell stronger though. Want a low odor strain? Just burn the terpenes off with too much light & heat. Who needs a carbon scrubber.

Last edited:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
GN Thai Stick A Multi Harvest Begins Day 167 Flowering

GN Thai Stick A Multi Harvest Begins Day 167 Flowering

Well I was motivated to go ahead and chop off a branch from Thai Stick A. She has so many, its not like she is going to miss one. It'll also give DP-E a little more room to herself. TSA easily over shadows other plants with all her shaggy foxtailed buds. I think Ill take a branch every week from her until we reach the 210 day mark and then cull the remaining plant.

Get your bandwidth ready everyone. Ive got alot of photos coming at you.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Continued

Continued

More Pictures..I think we've all been waiting long enough for some Harvest shots, so enjoy some more GN Thai Stick A. I think this plant defines the term foxtails.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Dave nice buds I have to say "I would cob it".
How long do you usually cure thai buds like those?
They can taste very sweet when cobbed and a lot more potent IMO.
I am sure you know what your doing either way, can't wait for a smoke report, but I am sure its a way off yet.
Tangwena

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban Poison D Teaser

Durban Poison D Teaser

Ive decided to go ahead and harvest the upper half of DP-D tomorrow. Ive spotted a few more nanners today and yesterday, so I think its time. I think Ive pushed her as long as I can. She's slowed down her nutrient uptake quite a bit at this point, and the calyxes have swollen up quite nicely.

Just a lone pic tonight everyone. Its too late to get the rest of the pics up, but more of her tomorrow.

Just the tip..

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hi Dave nice buds I have to say "I would cob it".
How long do you usually cure thai buds like those?
They can taste very sweet when cobbed and a lot more potent IMO.
I am sure you know what your doing either way, can't wait for a smoke report, but I am sure its a way off yet.
Tangwena

I was thinking along the same lines too. These thai buds seem like prime candidates for that type of curing. I also like the speed of cob/vac curing versus jar-curing. 6 months in a jar, or 2 weeks vac sealed.

Pretty easy decision, but Ill still save some for jar-curing and sample that after a 6 month cure. Such a long wait, but Ive already invested nearly 6 months in flowering it. Whats a year?

SourDank

Veteran
Love the looks of everything man, and your right, those foxtails are wild. Should be some nice high flying smoke though

Latest posts

Latest posts