What's new

Cleaning up in the shower

MrAwder

updates

updates

been a while since i updated. snapped some pics before the holidays and did not get a chance to get them up. things are still just humming along, day 53 of flower today, last night i topped the res with straight RO, reads at 0.8 EC 6.1pH, ran about a gallon of that through all pots then re-topped and got it to 0.7EC. I will probably do another few gallon flush in a few days and top it up once more to keep dwindling the EC.

have 5 nice viable clones for the next round... need 8 though. had 6 but came back from the holidays and one of the chem crosses had fooled me and threw nanners. :/ have a few more a few days behind I am hoping will show some root action soon. i will probably have to delay that start of next round in order for clones to veg longer. hopefully only a few days instead of weeks like last time. hopefully i should know in a few days which Killing Fields clone is the female, that labeling mix up cost me some time and effort for sure.

Will be starting new seeds soon. Probably DSD from Ganesh and Midas from Moonshine.

Full room

Moms and a few clones I tossed in water/roots excel before taking off for vacation.

Next round candidates and clones in various states of rootedness

6 days later

MrAwder

some macros

some macros

took a few macros for the hell of it

G13 x NL @ 46 days

Iced Grapefruit @ 46 days

White Rhino @ 53 days

Was hoping the WR would be further along by now as of all the strains I have it should flower closest to 8 weeks. No amber yet though at 53 days.

MrAwder

Thanks Fred!

Harvest anticipation is killing me. I know I'll feel differently after a few hours of trimming though ;) I will be taking down a single White Rhino tomorrow (day 60) because my jars are emptyyyy. Put it under the scope last night and it could honestly go another 3-5 days but I cannot wait. I have a .5 gram chunk of hash and 2 small buds that I pulled to put under the scope to last me until I can get something trimmed and dried. Somehow no matter how much I keep back each time I always end up in this situation. After that I will probably start pulling a plant every other day or so until 70. Both Iced Grapefruit phenos are flushing out nicely but everything else is still way too green. Wish I could have started flushing earlier. The Iced Grapefruit #2 is showing a few signs of purpling at the tips of calyxs. I have never seen that before in any of my plants... I'm guessing my night time temps got pretty low while I was away since I lowered the thermostat quite a bit for that week.

My next problem will be filling the system with 8 good sized plants. I have 8 rooted plants now... but 5 of the are twice as big as the other 3 (late rooters). Lesson learned for next time. I'd rather have 8 plants that I need to top because they are too large than be waiting around for stuff to veg.

5th

Veteran
Look at the bright side. Your dividing up the dry/trim/cure times...and you've got smoke. Cut times are subjective lol...buds look great btw. :tiphat:

MrAwder

2 down

2 down

So I chopped a White Rhino on Saturday (day 61) and an Iced Grapefruit today (day 62). The rest will be done next weekend probably.

Some quick shots I got with my phone. I will get the good camera back out when the rest come down.

White Rhino

Iced Grapefruit

IGF Trimmed

IGF Closeup

The IGF really started taking on some nice colors towards the end. I have 2 more still to go and I'm sure they will be even prettier with an extra 5-6 days.

MrAwder

test 1..2..3

made the above post last night but the thread did not move and still showing Dave as the last poster. Probably because I got a server error when I submitted the post. Strange.

D

DHF

test 1..2..3

made the above post last night but the thread did not move and still showing Dave as the last poster. Probably because I got a server error when I submitted the post. Strange.
Just saw it Bro......

Killer work.....Hope Harvey`s good to yas.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.......

MrAwder

Just stopping in for another quick update. Preliminary weight on the first White Rhino is 66g. Going to leave it in the paper bag another few days so it might lost a few more grams of moisture but stems are snapping. I was hoping to average 2.5oz per plant at least so kind of disappointing, but the White Rhino was by far the smallest of all plants.

In other news, I have not been keeping a close on eye on the 6 still in the room. Just been continuing to dilute the res with RO. Went in last night to put the scope to them and found that over the past few days one of them made a beautiful transformation:

The image is slightly tweaked since I took it with my camera phone, but pretty close to true. I know purple is not the be-all-end-all and it might even point to me needing to raise my lights off temps.... however this is the first time I have ever grown a plant that just looks that stunning. I was pretty shocked when I pulled it out. This was the front and center doorway plant so I rarely saw it head on.

This was a clone I got that had been passed to a friend with only "I think he said it was g13 x NL". I got this cut from the same source as the Candy I grew before, along with true Deathstar and Afgahni Mango. DS and AM are prevalent strains in my region. The Candy less so. I am wondering if this g13NL is actually Dumpster which is from the same area. Right now on the vine it smells like wet coffee grounds, with something chemy and also sweet right behind it. One of the most interesting smelling strains I have grown.

komboloi

Man, I love it when a good concept comes together like this. Well done. At first, I was wondering about putting 8 plants around 600w with only 4.2 ft. from side to side, but it looks like you did such a great job of training to the screens that the proximity to the light was never an issue. True?

Also, what did you conclude about topping next time to get more canopy coverage up high? And are you happy with the size of screens? I think you said 1.5'x3'?

Keep rocking it. Looks great.

MrAwder

Light proximity was never an issue. I think 4 feet is plenty of space. I will be trying a similar donut in 3x3 space. Probably only 4 plants - pure sativa head stash. I don't think the number really matters as long as they are trained to fit the space. Also good air movement, 2x exchanges with just the bottom fan making a nice air column.

As far as topping... Its a toss up. It adds to veg time but should result in a more even canopy of top colas. My concern is that i have seen strains react to topping by bushing out and throwing more horizontal lateral shoots. Probably strain dependent and i will continue playing with this especially when i can mono crop and do some one to one comparisons.

The screens are roughly 1.5x3. This next round will be done differently though. 3 walls with screening on them ala Marlo's WoW, with 1 or 2 plants in front of the door on their own screens that i can easily move. This is for simplicity mostly but also to make it easier to fill canopy gaps that come from having plants screened individually. I will probably still shoot for 8 plants, 2 per wall, giving each roughly 2 feet of horizontal growth.

Next round lineup:
3x Afghani mango
1x Candy
1x deasthstar
2x killing fields

I may toss in another runt for an even 8, or just do a single plant in front of the door.

Thanks for dropping in

D

DaveTheNewbie

test 1..2..3

yeah that's right, just blame Dave :)

MrAwder

i'm bored. more pics

i'm bored. more pics

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments, karma, and knowledge.

it's friday. i'm bored. here's some pics from trimming last night.

work area. little hazy in this pic :bongsmi:

Some G13xNL before

After

A branch of SLH for comparison. On the plant it did not look overly hazy, but compared to the GNL and White Rhino it becomes quite clear.

Snapped some pics with the good camera last night but have not pulled em off the SD card yet.

4 plants trimmed, 4 to go.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you look closely you can see the reason for the haze. It's tha ash tray and lighters fault.

picture.php

MrAwder

Haha yes the bong is not in that pic i believe because it is in my other hand. Taking rips and pics at the same time. I'm a multitasker.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I like your stash box.

Funny thats what I was thinking about the hazey pics!

Hows the trich coverage on that SLH? Mine is piling them on like crazy - quickly becoming one of the frostiest plants in the pantry.

Those buds look delicious Mr.