What's new

Cleaning up in the shower

MrAwder

Notes

Notes

Some notes for myself on my expansion plan. Any feedback is appreciated.

Decided to go with one additional stacked room instead of 2 shorter side by side.

So at first I will run both spaces with 600W for a single round to get all the kinks worked out and make sure my environment is in check. Then I'll stack another 600 in each spot.

So to get this up and running I will need basically an additional ballast and bulb. Ground res and raised res. I will also add an additional 8" fan because overkill is underrated right? About $400 plus lumber and plywood for construction.

The 2 flower areas combined are 156 cubic feet. The entire space is 462 cubic feet. I will need ~300cfm to exchange both rooms 2x minute. For this I will use one 760 CFM 8" fan with a Y connecting it to each room pulling air out unfiltered at 50% speed. Then in the main space I will have an 8" fan & filter exhausting out the window at 1 air exchange per minute also at 50% speed. I like to run larger fans at lower speed to keep down on noise.

Veg will just be out in the open wherever it fits best. The remaining space is so small it will be easier to just decide what is most space efficient for veg and moms later. I think I can get by with wire rack shelves and T-5s lining the walls.

My micro growing background just wants me to use every damn square inch efficiently. I realized the addition of 1 room will about my max out my ability to keep up with clones and such. I will be running a lot of seeds and testers through the smaller room. I hope to then be able to monocrop the shower with some nice tall heavy yielding strain.

D

DHF

Keep pluggin and dialin Bro........Make a plan and do your homework just I`ve seen yas doin.....set goals and know where yas wanna be in a yr , and then in 5 yrs.......then....

Things become more clear as shit falls into place.....Holler if I can help........

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

MrAwder

Updates

Updates

Thanks DHF. That's what I'm doin, just dialin and pluggin away.

Day 27

Iced Grapefruit #1

IG#1 Top Cola

Left Side

Right Side

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Looking awesome man, you give them a good Defoliation too! I don't use much defoliation but I do take off any leaf that blocks light hitting bud. Your gals look dialed, perfect green, gotta love coco & vert. Keep on rocking.

HGO

MrAwder

Thanks everyone.

HGO - yea I do strip them down pretty good. Every time I wonder if I overdid it, but if this turns out like the last one, in a week it will be hard to see I defoliated at all. Although I am hoping this time since I am running much lower N that the plants will push out fewer new fans.

The damn White Rhino is so leafy I could have sat there for another hour plucking stuff. Didn't stretch for shit either. I think Afghani Mango is going to fill in my indica slot instead of White Rhino. I am also hoping to run 1 or 2 Deathstar next round but they are extremely slow to veg. Personally I like the sativa leaning hybrids but I always keep a jar of the more narcotic strains on hand for migraines and insomnia.

So I kept a record of these 8 plants, when the cuts were taken, when they rooted, and any transplants. These went from cut to flower in 40 days and they were actually overgrown at that point. I will take clones for the next round on Wednesday which will give me exactly 40 days until harvest @ 10 weeks.

Anticipated lineup:
1-3 Killing Fields (still waiting on sex)
1-3 GHS ChemDog x Emerald Jack (still waiting on sex)
1-2 Afghani Mango
1-2 Deathstar

Dropping the WR for sure and maybe 1 or 2 other strains. None of these are really *elites* except the deathstar and mango, but I love them nonetheless and find it so hard to eliminate the under performers.

MrAwder

Day 32

Day 32

Man is it boring in the shower these days. Everything is just packing on weight and frosting up.... hoonin' you might even say :biggrin: I have been tweaking my MaxiBloom to KoolBloom ratio for the best P/K at this stage and feeding between 1.3-1.6EC. I know I can drop it even lower but some of that is from the 1/4 tap water and the silicate for pHing. Less is definitely more and my plants love it, I feel like I can literally see them pushing out fat calyxs.

Last night I took 36 clones. Most of this is probably boring and mostly for my records... but I do have a question below if you bear with me.

Moms before:

Moms after:

FORGOT to take pics of the clones haha

At this time I culled:
White Rhino (not enough stretch, replaced with Afghani Mango local clone only)
Silver Satellite (SSH x BS2.2 - just bored with it)
IG #2 (took 2 clones just in case it turns out significantly better than IG #1)
Chemdawg Jack #1 [GHS Chemdawg x Emerald Jack] (male)

3 clones of each Killing Fields #1-#3, Chemdawg Jack #2-#3. I have a rooted clone of each in 12/12 waiting to show their lady bits.

Various other clones to fill out the room & for best selection. Any that I do not need will be used to replace the soon-to-be root bound mothers. Most of these have been kicking around as bonsai's for almost 6 months, time for a refresh.

Question

So I am going to be gone on days 46-52 of flower. I will do a res fill on day 45. You think I should do a full nute fill and then just add back RO when I return to begin dwindling/flush. OR just start flushing on day 45. OR do half strength nutes to begin dwindling, then refill with RO when I return. Thoughts? I'm just hesitant to take away their juice on day 45 when I know some of these will probably go 70 days (SLH and Iced Grapefruit). However White Rhino will probably be done closer to 60 so flushing on day 45 gives me a solid 2 weeks.... help (and yes I know monocrop FTW)

Sorry for the lack of kewl pics. I think tomorrow I will bust out the tripod and try to get a few nice bud shots up. They are sprinkled with sugar.

D

DHF

NEVER starve yer bitches Bro......especially if they`ve got almost 4 weeks left ta go.....

They`re in prime swellage mode , so keep ppm`s in the 7-750 range and dwindling till yas get back.......simple ....babyshit.....

Hope all goes well and stays healthy Mr A....

Peace.....DHF........:ying:......

MrAwder

clone army

clone army

read you loud and clear DHF. thanks. makes perfect sense i just want to be sure they get a nice flush.

clones and 6 remaining moms

so i ended up buying a 70 pint dehuey with pump.... kind of got a flood in my basement and i don't want the moisture fucking things up. it rained here for like 48 hours... right AFTER i had removed the well pump from my basement.... BEFORE I got around to capping the pipes. came down last night to 2"-3" of water across the back 4ft of the basement. it was gushing pretty good but it was late so i rigged up some plugs/caps for the pipes and got it down to a trickle. put a 30 gallon tote under it and emptied it every 4 hours. nothing like getting up at 4AM to bale some water.

anyway, capped off, cleaned up and dehuey running now.

MrAwder

Day 35

Day 35

Snapped some pics. Day 35. 2 posts....

left to right: IG #2 & White Rhino

left to right: SLH & IG #1

MrAwder

buds

buds

Super Lemon Haze (she's pretty sexy... my WB adjusted shots do no justice)

Iced Grapefruit #1

G13 x NL

If you can't tell I'm playing with different camera light settings and adjustments through GIMP. Getting some better results but I'm bad at keeping track of what worked... oh well documentation is good. I'll put in a better effort at harvest.

:watchplant:

D

DHF

I like the IG # 1 , but all look healthy Bro........

Hope Harvey`s good to yas......

Peace......DHF....:ying:.......

MrAwder

nugs

nugs

Smoked the last of my SLH and broke out the camera again. This time I actually took some time to figure out what the fook i was doing. it's a buddies camera and i was really lost on it for a while. a bit of googling and an hour fucking around got me these.

These are all Iced Grapefruit. Easiest one to pull out and light up proper.

top cola

side nug

full on

room for improvement on the photos but i feel they are a hellll of a lot better than the last ones.

back to the plants... i'm liking the structure on the grapefruit but it looks a bit crowded up top just below the top cola. next time i will try to bend more large lateral branches downwards to fill the lower-mid space. also considering topping next time because of all the wasted space left and right of the top cola... this applies to everything i have in flower now. but i also don't want to deal with the extra veg time....

these are at 37 days and i'm very happy with how they look. the grapefruit can go to 70 days easy so i'm hoping with about 1/2 of flower left to go they are going to fatten up a good bit :joint:

MrAwder

Had terrible luck with my clones this time. I need to give the moms a few more days to bounce back then I will try and take another 12-24 solid ones. With what I have now it will be tough to get 2 plants of 4 strains as I would like to continue doing. Currently I have 3 Afghani Mango and 2 Deathstar which are rooted. Need to fill at least 2 spots with sativa leaning hybrids. MY killing fields and cdj seeds underwent a labeling mixup. I ended up with 1 female of each, but I have no idea which clones go with which. They are still separated by strain but I don't know out of 9 clones which 3 are females. I may throw the clones I used to show sex back into veg and either clone from those and push the experiment until a later run, or flower them out and try to get viable clones when I strip suckers and such on this next run....

I have a lot of work to do in the next few days to get ready to travel again for the holidays. I won't take new clones until I return as I have no way to keep them watered. Any clones who show roots by Thursday will be up-potted and setup on drippers. Everything else will most likely end up as compost.

Latest posts

Latest posts