What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cleaning bubble bags/screens

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
I can now definitely vouch for the vegetable oil method. I used sunflower oil followed by dish washing detergent and it works remarkably well. I didnt see the need to scrub the screen, and i wouldnt recommend this. I rubbed the screen gently with my fingers when the oil was applied to it. I used only the soft side of a kitchen sponge when washing the oil off with detergent. I should add that my screens were nowhere near as dirty as Duke's as they had already been cleaned with tap water.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out on this one, I really think this is an excellent way to clean the screens.

- Ez

<edit> I think this possibly might even be worthy of a sticky as I am sure it would help out a lot of people. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
G

- ezra - said:
I can now definitely vouch for the vegetable oil method. I used sunflower oil followed by dish washing detergent and it works remarkably well. I didnt see the need to scrub the screen, and i wouldnt recommend this. I rubbed the screen gently with my fingers when the oil was applied to it. I used only the soft side of a kitchen sponge when washing the oil off with detergent. I should add that my screens were nowhere near as dirty as Duke's as they had already been cleaned with tap water.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out on this one, I really think this is an excellent way to clean the screens.

- Ez

<edit> I think this possibly might even be worthy of a sticky as I am sure it would help out a lot of people. What do you guys think?

Ezra I am glad it worked out for you, and I hope some more try and Thank you for the nod for the sticky as well, that would be very cool.

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
they should include this information when you buy the bags. did they not offer any advice on maintaining them? for the $$ they should have been all over addressing this issue.

G

I didn't get any instructions at all with my Bubbleman's bags. They do have instructions how to use them on their website, plus support forums.

http://www.freshheadies.com/

I'm going to try the vegetable oil method; one of my bags is pretty stopped up now. Thanks for the tip!

G

Ambre said:
I didn't get any instructions at all with my Bubbleman's bags. They do have instructions how to use them on their website, plus support forums.

http://www.freshheadies.com/

I'm going to try the vegetable oil method; one of my bags is pretty stopped up now. Thanks for the tip!

Cool Ambre thanks for taking a interest, the best thing about this method is that you dont have to go running to the store for some ISO or solvents, when you most likely have Cooking oil, and Liquid Soap on hand.

SEEDYNONO: The only instructions I got with my bags where how to use them thats all.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Ever since Ive adopted the 'potato fist' method of draining I dont have to clean them as often.

You just bunch the top of the bag in one fist hoisting the bag over the bucket and using your other fist you bop the top of the other hand. The motion jerks the contents of the bag and makes it flow fast.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
thats cool Verite. I just constructed this bag holder from wire yesterday. The smaller bags which drain slowly can be supported by this construction so you can leave the bag to drain slowly instead of holding it. I might try to take some pics of it, its very simple.

- Ez

momb0

if you really want all that crap and it to look like new without fucking it up....Go to your local hardwear store and for only $6 dollars buy some Acetone....#1 cleaneset solvent out there....than use cold water and rinse it

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
acetone, are you serious? That stuff is toxic man. And I would be surprised if it didnt completely dissolve the screen. No thanks.

G

- ezra - said:
acetone, are you serious? That stuff is toxic man. And I would be surprised if it didnt completely dissolve the screen. No thanks.

Yeah stay away from acetone momb0, I would use ISO before I used acetone.

DankU

i read in Heads that Soma uses 98% ach.. with a pure water rinse..... i use Ach.. but water it down and spray my bags.. works well...

and nice pics there Ezra good looking strain...well done

YeshijaH

I like to use Dr. Bronner's soap to clean my bag's and it works magnificently plus it washes away totally clean with no residue left behind at all. I mostly just rinse them off very well and then hang them to dry right after each use and the dr. Bronners I use before puting them away for storage or travel. Then again I use Dr.Bronners to clean everything.

rovert

I've been using iso to clean up my bags when they get a bit blocked up, DAM ...........I just thought the iso was the best way (cause it does work very well and I haven't seen any damage done by it ) and didn't think it was going to damage the bags at all. well I won't be doing that again, vegie oil and a bit of dish washing soap seems it would be much better for the bags.
I would never of thought of vegie oil, and agree that this info really should be on the bubblebag site or maybe some kind of care sheet should come with them.

N

Neptune

cooking oil is the BEST

SOAK the screen in canola oil, masage with fingers (to disolve trikes into oil), and wash/rinse several times with dish soap.

or use the mentioned ISO treatment.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Neptune said:
SOAK the screen in canola oil, masage with fingers (to disolve trikes into oil), and wash/rinse several times with dish soap.

^^^ yes this is exactly what I did, and I can vouch for this method. (except the oil was sunflower)

- Ez

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I'd try oil first, no reason to possibly damage your expensive bags if you don't need to. This is good info, I'm sure it'll be useful in the future, thanks!

G

bounty29 said:
I'd try oil first, no reason to possibly damage your expensive bags if you don't need to. This is good info, I'm sure it'll be useful in the future, thanks!

Now that I think about it, aren't trichs oil / fat soluable?
Did I read that somewhere in the "canna-butter" thread?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Yeah, that's why it'd work so well, they trichs would just dissolve away. They're also alcohol soluble, which is why iso and acetone work.

Last edited:

ShootinBudz

come on guys, use nanobots. Buy the correct size nanobot cleaning bot according to the micron size of the bag being cleaned. Technology.

Latest posts

Latest posts