What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cleaning bubble bags/screens

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Just a simple question. My bubble bags have become a bit blocked and drain really slowly (especially the 25um screen). :badday: Can anyone recommend how best to unblock the screens? :chin:

thanks, Ez

here is some Maroc I recently harvested which will be filling my bubble bags soon. :yummy:

Last edited:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Just try washing the screen in very cold water. Immerse the screen in the cold water and rub the screen against itself.

*run the water through the bags again to reclaim your cleanings. :wink:

Last edited:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
thanks trichome farmer. I did try just washing it out with water, but there are particles actually imbedded in the screen, and I really think I need a solvent of some kind, maybe how water to soften it first? I dont know. You never had this happen to you?

G

Laughing Buddha said:
Go to the drugstore,
buy 90% alcohol,
and wash your screen with it, soak your screen in it.

;)

You can do it, but that'll decrease the life of your bags.

G

Try throw it in the freezer for a while then rub the shit out of it while rinsing with cold water . If it's really really bad you can use iso, just make sure to rinse right away.

G

Ok guys dont laugh but I use cooking oil, really. First after I am done with all my runs, I take it turn it inside out then put in a big bowl. Then I take some cooking oil I use vegetable oil, pour it in the bag and bowl and take the ruff side of the sponge and scrub it up gently. Then I rinse it off then, and then I take some Dish washing liquid then work it in by hand then rinse, and scrub a little more. It really works good, and you dont have to use ISO to clean it. I just made some bubble today and I will post up some pics of the process.

ilife

I would only use 70% Alcohol and dilute it with some water and nothing else. No Simple Green or Cooking oil.

iLiFE

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Iso on a nice round dinner plate so just the screen is in contact with the iso then take a small toothbrush to it. The screens should hold up ok but according to bubbleman its the nylon thread they use that will deteriorate faster with iso exposure.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Actually the silkscreen material used to make them are specifically made to hold up to harsh chems. Anyone who has worked in a sceen printing co. would agree. Now i'm talking about the actual screen and not the rest of the bag.

You can always blow compressed air from the outside to the inside to dislodge any heads. The compressed air cans you buy for computers MIGHT work. I've always used my compressor.

K

kokua

MystaDuke2 said:
Ok guys dont laugh but I use cooking oil, really. First after I am done with all my runs, I take it turn it inside out then put in a big bowl. Then I take some cooking oil I use vegetable oil, pour it in the bag and bowl and take the ruff side of the sponge and scrub it up gently. Then I rinse it off then, and then I take some Dish washing liquid then work it in by hand then rinse, and scrub a little more. It really works good, and you dont have to use ISO to clean it. I just made some bubble today and I will post up some pics of the process.

never tried that on the bags...but cooking oil is the BEST for cleaning harvest fingers.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
kokua said:
never tried that on the bags...but cooking oil is the BEST for cleaning harvest fingers.

really, oil? never tried that. interesting.

Verite - thanks for the info. I woulnt want to damage the bags, they are fairly expensive.

thanks for the ideas guys, I might implement some of that now and I will post my results

- Ez

HMT

never had to clean my bag yet but have cleaned the drying screens olive oil works very well at cleaning them then wash with soapy water :wink:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
I will definitely try the cooking oil idea, would have never thought of that myself. thanks guys, I love this place.

- Ez

G

kokua said:

Thats how I got the idea, works best with your fingers so why not your bags. Also I dont like the Idea of using ISO in anything, not to mention the smell that comes from it.

G

here are those pics of the method. This is my bubbleator bag that came with my bubbleator, its a 70micron bag.

First here is the dirty bag.

Then turn bag inside out and put a bowl or plate inside.

Then I put a little cooking oil a couple tablespoons will do the trick.

Then I scub it gently with the ruff side of a sponge for a bit.

then I rinse it off with warm water then put back in the bowl and put some mild Dishwashing liquid and scrub a little more.

Then rinse again while scrubbing and should look pretty good.

and back in the bucket for next time...

No simple green, no Iso, just Vegetable oil, and some Palmolive. Also softens hands while you do the dishes.

Last edited:
G

Great tip Mysta Duke! I love it when people back up their claims with pics showing the proof!

Latest posts

Latest posts