What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Citric acid foliar spray for powdery mildew?

Drop That Sound

Citric acid.. fighting mildew with mold!

1699912208152.jpeg

;)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s the micronized sulfur powder that dried out of the liquid solution Doing exactly what it’s supposed to be doing..Coating and adhering

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It’s the micronized sulfur powder that dried out of the liquid solution Doing exactly what it’s supposed to be doing..Coating and adhering
yep... i have a 2 gallon back pack sprayer, but the sulphur clogs it up, so i wetted down the leaves, and then powdered em ... and for good measure, put down DE on top of the soil...

Gardensackaf

Hey guys, I had a mandarin orange plant in my grow room so a few days ago I got frisky and rubbed an open piece of orange (fresh dripping with juice) on a few PM spots.... still zero regrowth! Doesn't appear to have harmed the leaves either. I'll keep you all posted, PM has been a constant battle for me the last year until now.

For those who prefer to mix their own drinks...Citric acid is available in bulk online. Amazon has quite a selection. Much cheaper that way.

I sometimes mix in essential oils with citric acid granules and use it both in veg and flower. Side benefit, bugs don't seem to like it. Any smells from the essential oils seem to dissipate after a few hours. Haven't noticed any ill effects in the smoke department. Keep in mind my experience is anecdotal, I'm no scientist, just a humble gardener.

Sprayer, water, citric acid granules, eye dropper of peppermint, eye dropper of rosemary, eye dropper of thyme. Or just straight citric acid and water. Lights off for several hours, to prevent leaf burn.

I've also used sulfur and agree, it's kickass for p.m. (and bugs) . NOT good in flower though, for obvious reasons. Also, lights off when using sulfur. I prefer not to use this on seedlings and smallish clones, they scream with the burn.

1711532484440.png

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
For those who prefer to mix their own drinks...Citric acid is available in bulk online. Amazon has quite a selection. Much cheaper that way.

I sometimes mix in essential oils with citric acid granules and use it both in veg and flower. Side benefit, bugs don't seem to like it. Any smells from the essential oils seem to dissipate after a few hours. Haven't noticed any ill effects in the smoke department. Keep in mind my experience is anecdotal, I'm no scientist, just a humble gardener.

Sprayer, water, citric acid granules, eye dropper of peppermint, eye dropper of rosemary, eye dropper of thyme. Or just straight citric acid and water. Lights off for several hours, to prevent leaf burn.

I've also used sulfur and agree, it's kickass for p.m. (and bugs) . NOT good in flower though, for obvious reasons. Also, lights off when using sulfur. I prefer not to use this on seedlings and smallish clones, they scream with the burn.

View attachment 18979355
yeah sulphur works, but it def harsh... i have been spraying my plants in veg with a combo or rosemary oil, some neem, some safers soap, a touch of hyd perox, and some dish soap, wet it down then dust with sulphur... it seems to kill the mites, but does burn the leaves -

yeah sulphur works, but it def harsh... i have been spraying my plants in veg with a combo or rosemary oil, some neem, some safers soap, a touch of hyd perox, and some dish soap, wet it down then dust with sulphur... it seems to kill the mites, but does burn the leaves -

I sometimes do citric acid in combination with essential oils, but not sulfur in combination. I use that by itself diluted in water. Had to. I was getting too good at destroying leaves when I went too nuclear on them.

I even went so far as using plain spray water to rinse sulfur residue, as a kind of post leaf destruction penance.
Took three "hail mary jane" tokes and all was better!