What's new

cinderella 99 DONE

O

Octomines

Cinderella99 said:
But honestly, dude, F6....Ouch. I think that's why Darkstar was asking what you're going to call these....

My suggestion to those that purchased, if their intent on getting closer to ideal, would be to pick up other C99's (Rez, Wally, etc) that way at least any bottlenecking would be reversed to a degree with a cross.

Love to see some shots to compare to F1 to see how six generations of selection have fared. Best.

no need to bash,its great either way.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not endorsing anything, I have no interest in doing so... But I grew Mosca's F6 and I find it to be very close to the original. A few of the phenos I found in his F6 were very close to Rezdog's C99 mother, very close. ;) Not all of them were perfect examples of what we're looking for in C99, but even the original C99 had such variations.

Think about it... The Bros Grimm got these seeds labeled as Jack Herer. They based their C99 on those genetics... which means the original C99 was actually a Jack Herer of some sort... if the story is to be believed. So, an F6 of what was first called C99 is more like an F8 of Jack Herer,with a little Skunk in there to begin the cubing process. Again, this is assuming that the Jack Herer bag they got WAS Jack Herer, AND that the seeds in the bag were Jack Herer x Jack Herer. These nubers probably aren't exact, but the point is that further filial generations should yield similar results... the breeder's mating choices being the variable.

One way or the other, C99 was never stable for any traits, even the first batch. If we can find C99 moms in the F6 that resemble the first run of C99, there's really no difference in the end. What would suck is if the F6 had no resemblance to the originals. I can say, however, that I know, personally, that Mosca's F6 DO yield C99 phenos that C99 lovers are looking for. ;)

Mr Soul cubed his Princess mother (the original keeper mom from the jack herer bud he bought at Sensi Smile Coffeeshop), by using a Shiva Skunk to ge it started with. After backcrossing each generation back to the princess gene pool, he came up with something in seed form which resembled his beloved princess clone. So making further filial generations with the same genetics is more or less a continuation of what Mr Soul was doing. Each breeder has a different idea in mind, though, so you never know what direction a breeder will go.

For example, Wallyduck's C99 are more fruity, with more of a spear-like bud shape than Mosca's. They smell and taste the same, more or less, they just look a little different.

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
That exactly what I wanted to hear CC, I thought so any way but your conformation makes getting these seeds that much sweeter.

T

ticktickbong

Mr. Crazy Composer,

Thank you for that insight! Wonder way with words as well. Would it be fair to reckon that this may so far be in fact the "Holy Grail" in variety?
After all the writing on the subject I have read on the internet, this seems to be the case.
How would you say the original Jack Herrer compares to this plant over all? Having only tasted c99 of the two only, I can say that nothing compares to the uniqueness in taste.
Is Jack Herrer is a stable strain?
I also read that some person stated Cinderella99 is Cinderella99...and there is no f's about the plant. It is a race of it's own. If so, then why so many variations?

lots of questions... but a man must ask for knowledge :~)

By the way, whats the story with Seedbay and these seeds? I just WISH these seeds make it to SEEDBAY already. Marketing ploy or not, professionalism is in doubt when promises are are broken.

Ttb.

O

Octomines

The seeds were posted this afternoon,60 packs were gone in a heartbeat.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i lived in amsterdam in 2001 and sensi smiles was the only coffeeshop that was selling genuine sensi weed......

it is hard find seed companys weed for sale in coffeeshops in amsterdam....club media and sensi smiles are unique in this way...."club media" does The Flying Dutchman`s weed and "sensi smiles" does sensi seeds` weed

id say the jack bagseed grim bros got, was probbly from a top class jackh cut....god knows where the polen came from....it probbly got dusted because sensi deals with so much pollen it just gets everywhere

im guessin the mum was a pucka cut !!...."smiles" probbly got there cut direct from sensi....it was probbly some type of awsome jackh cut

Last edited:
C

Cinderella99

Agreed, CC...

Agreed, CC...

It is all relative to a degree since it is all a continuation of trying to capture the desirable traits of that special Herer. However, as you mention, C99 was "never stable for any traits, even the first batch" which begs the question of what sort of selection process has been taking place over the subsequent generations-- Is it being brought more towards the indica spectrum-- the NL of the Shiva or of the Herer, or the Haze spectrum of the Herer. I really believe that each filial selection has huge implications/possibilities for variation from the original. However, you are a trusted and respected individual who has a good deal of experience with this strain. If you say that Mosca's F6's are a lot like the original BG/HS stock, with mild positive variations...I don't doubt that. Mosca must have done a superb job in his selections. Best Regards.

RedReign

I don't have an opinion on the C99 F6's, but I totally disagree about BG C99 not being stable.

I grew BG originals for about 3 years. They were most definitely stable. Lost the mom in a move, and immediately ordered JW's f2s. They were stable as well, and nearly, if not totally, identical to the original BG stock.

C

Cinderella99

That's my experience as well, Red...

That's my experience as well, Red...

There is a bit of variation in height, flower times and stem strength, but not much. So little in fact that I have a hard time telling whether it's environmentally caused (proximity to light, etc.). But I'm not a professional in regards to this and I haven't grown out any F2's.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, who said the variations were severe? The variations were not severe, but they were variations. Don't think I'm saying some were Australian hazes, some were Mexican Oaxacas, and some were Hindu Kush. hehehe The variations are slight, but any trained eye would call these variations, and would notice them even in the original C99. Slightly different variations, but variation nonetheless. Hindu Kush is what I'd call "stable", where they are all pretty much smelling, looking, growing the same. C99 has variations, some are short and look like the ideal C99, but don't have the perfect C99 smell. Some are taller and don't smell exactly right, but the real winners are the ones that have the right look and smell. I'd say about 1/4 of them are perfect C99 1/2 are fair representations, and the other 1/4 are not collectible, but still good smoke.

M

mosca negra

Hey Everyone! Thanks for participating in the first ever release of Mosca Negra Seeds! My goal was to make a duel spectrum C99 available to as many people around the world as possible. I wanted to give shouts out to Gerrit, Gypsy, DG, Reeferman, Wally Duck, Crazy Composer, Rez Dog, and Esben. For without their influences in one way or another, my Cinderella99's would not have be possible.

It's a funny thing the passion we all share here-- I mean we all deal with risks far greater than most others who enjoy their love for an interest, hobby, or some sport. I know if I were a soccer fan and wanted to pm England's top soccer player would be nearly impossible, right? We have a place to do that and to participate with friends half way around the world everyday is AWESOME!

To be able to learn about an aspect of our beloved plant in an open society is priceless. And to be able to learn from Great breeders and teachers is over-whelming. And all opinions are always a way to views things from someone else's eyes.

When I first tried Rez's Wonder99, I was hooked on that special Cinderella taste! And with Gerrit's gifted teachings, I enjoyed combining the two different sides of Cinderella99 to produce a nice balance in genetic diversity while keeping true to the original breeding stock. A little extra in the yield is a plus too!

But seriously, this Cinderella is a special gal and I hope we all strive to keep her around for a very, very long time in all of our gardens. Thanks to all who picked up a pack or two during the initial release.

Proost!

Peace,

Mosca Negra

P.S. "Sharing Is Caring And Caring Is Sharing!"

C

Chamba

130+ posts and only a few talk about the high

Cindy, aside from all the hype that was been generated about this hybrid from day one and still continues today, it still has some good attributes .....it's unique and quite different from most strains (many of which are similar) that are out there today, a fast finisher, lovely fruity scent, breeds true (out of today's 400+ "strains", how many breed true! 5 or 10 of them?), it is a pretty little plant and has a catchy name and preceeded the "Blairwitch Project" as the internet's first major commercially hyped success...

less talked about is how well it combines with other strains, especially longer flowering sativas, which in my opinion is it's best point....it brings faster finishing, denser bud, more resin and better scents to most landrace sativas and hazes I've crossed it to without sacrificing many of the good points of the other strain.....the next "must have" 10 ~ 12 week sativa will probably have some Cindy in it somewhere

but unfortunately I've found insects love it outdoors, it's branches are thin so many examples need staking, esp when topped in veg and although it is potent at first, the high in my opinion, has something lacking and seems a bit "empty" and not satisfying after smoking it for awhile....(and I've picked it early, late and inbetween!)

it's also the fastest strain to develop a tolerance to that I've come across, it's loses it zap or impact very quickly, the high itself is short lived (as are most fast flowering strains) and it's definitely not great to smoke all the time but is nice to smoke alternatively with other strains.

I'm not sure if I believe the "story" about one seed found in a coffee shop deal of Jack Herer.......but if that rings your bell, keep retelling that tale.

I've grown dozens of Cindys and many more crosses I made with her..I've got a couple of Cindy/Haze seedlings in flower going right now!....but the best of any of the Cindys or it's crosses I've grown are at best only not quite as good as the high from Nirvana Seed's Jock Herer (I just wished I made seeds from this strain.....it's one of the few I've grown that I didn't!) which happens to be a personal fave of mine...and it was only $15 per packet back then lol

yet friends of mine prefer Cindy over other strains....everyone is different

and when grown hydroponicly under big lights with clones, Cindy can finish exactly in 50 days with decent yields...i knew a cash cropper who loved it.

Last edited:

Grunt

Shit! I missed 'em. Was so busy outdoors that I never even got a chance to look at seedbay. I've been waiting since 2002 to get my hands on more. Talk about bummed.
I guess I'll just have to........ wait. Wish I had more time in on this forum so someone could share.

O

Octomines

@Grunt,message me,i think i could help you out.

DocLeaf,those looks so juicy,i cant wait to get mine up.

:joint:

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
......you would manage to make crap plants look good doc...lol

your c99 looks good

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts