What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Church x GSC + Diesel Dipped Cookies

GSPfan

Veteran
Big time late start but I had to deal with some bugs first. My apologies come in the form of a bonus tester run of diesel dipped cookies along side my Church x gsc testers!
For this round I am going to keep it simple (stupid) with maxibloom and a few additives. They will be potted with promix plus a little more coco. I have a strong desire to switch to organics and I now have everything needed but maxibloom is reliable and produces great results. I'll probably try to go the organic route with my keepers next time.
5 fem diesel dipped cookies and 6 fem church x cookies are now in moist paper towel. Germ rates in 2 days. Two of the diesel dipped cookie seeds are already open so I'm not too sure about their fate but I hope they pop at approximately $20 a seed. I guess we'll see! *positive vibes*
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Pro Headies

Veteran
Hey GSP hows it going? Church x GSC, there fems right? Never grew the Church, sounds like a interesting cross. Best of luck! I'll be along for the show.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
What's good GSP?

Tagged for this one. Especially looking forward to seeing you rock the Diesel Dipped Cookies.

Peace

GSPfan

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by guys! Yes, church x gsc are fems Pro Headies. And Piff Rhys Jones I can't wait to see what the diesel dipped cookies have to offer too. I'm a big fan of fuel so I thought the ddp would be right up my alley.
All seeds have been placed into promix now. It looks like one ddp might not sprout but everything else is doing fine.

GSPfan

Veteran
Lil update. One of the two diesel dipped cookie seeds thats shell was already open before germing actually sprouted! So 4/5 on the diesel dipped cookies and 6/6 on church x cookies. Not too shabby!

GSPfan

Veteran
I forgot about the pics or it didn't happen rule. Totally my fault. Thanks for stopping in guys. I loves me some diesel but I think I'm equally excited about the church cookies. I don't know know jack about the church but ojd says it's all about the flave so I have high expectations.
picture.php

6 church x cookies and 4 diesel dipped cookies

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey GSPFan

bit late of a start but im happy to see you pop these
the church is all about flavour, so that x to cookies is going to be some real tasty stuff
these wont stretch much so keep that in mind
id be topping these girls from early on to get as many heads as possible then into flower

look forward to the show

peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo Gspfan
What happend to the church cookies thread

GSPfan

Veteran
Sorry OJD n' gang, work took over my life for a while but I'm back now! So on with the show! Here is some random bud shots at 3.5 weeks.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GSPfan

Veteran
4/6 church cookies had low stretch as OJD said and the other two had more of an average/medium stretch. 3/4 ddc had average/medium stretch with the one remaining being a runt/mutant that had very little stretch. All plants responded to topping very well and branched out as expected. 2 ddc have floppy branches that definitely need support but the other two and all of the cc have nice branches that have no problems supporting the very dense buds. A nice diversity is showing up in the church cookie plants. Scents vary from floral to fruity and some have some cookie scent. All are sweet though with an ok yield so far. As for the ddc, two plants look very similar with the other two being different. All are small yielders but have top notch buds. I think I'm going to have to give look through another pack to find one that has the scent/flavor profile that I want. I find that a lot of cookie and diesel crosses can be hit or miss on having a strong smell and none are powerful smelling like I want but still smell good though.
Here are some shots of ddc at 6 weeks. Each pic is a different plant.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sick update broski!

sick update broski!

:dance013:

You gotta be specific, on the terpentene profiles.

Are they leaning diesel at all? The structure is very cookie dominant but they have way more bracts than I would prefer.

How is it trimming?

What do you think OJD could do to improve this cross? Do you think its ready for the masses?

Don't seem much purple - did they turn later on?

[YOUTUBEIF]rHg5AHyRYbo[/YOUTUBEIF]

GSPfan

Veteran
One ddc has a nice cookie/diesel mix scent. The other three are low odor and I can't tell yet. Plus they're hard to get to so I haven't evaluated their qualities properly. Next week I'll pull em all out and do full plant shots and give them a more stern evaluation.
Trimming will be a breeze as all buds are solid. I hate trimming sometimes but I won't have to dread this harvest. Lots of frost leaves too which makes things easier as I leave a lot of em when I trim.
I only had 4 ddc plants but one is mutant - ish. I noticed other growers had this problem as well but not a huge deal. I would like to see more scent like almost every fuel plant I've grown but maybe I just need to look through more. All buds look top notch and im sure there is some crazy keepers to find. So I say it's ready for the masses AND there is room for improvement which is perfect for the grower who likes to do some breeding projects of their own to stabilize the line further or whatever.
As for improving the ddc it could be back crossed in an attempt to bring out more positive attributes and less mutants. But to me variety is the spice of life so there is no point unless the public demands it since the quality is high regardless. I'm going to make some gsc x fuel in a couple weeks to see if the added chem kicks it up a notch.
Btw, a special thanks to an awesome person who hooked up the gsc forum cut. I'll know you'll be reading this.
The church cookies are a damn near perfect cross though. The only complaint from me is the lack of color which isn't really a big deal because the buds will get a 10/10 for bag appeal anyways. Two ddc got some purple though. I'll show it off next week brah!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you promise us pictures :smoke:?

And I hope you find 2 keepers.

Church sounds good - but lol at the fuel comparison. High standards :good:

Latest posts

Latest posts