What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chronics Headstash Garden

eyesdownchronic

Looks like a lovely nug !
Thank you!

I think this run came out alright, but still have lots to improve.

here is my favorite smoke so far from the run, the SFV bx5 from twenty20. smell is gassy chemmy with just a touch of exotic citrus. high is a very pleasing buzz that keeps you feeling good all day.
picture.php

eyesdownchronic

Banana Og f3 (og pheno ) from Zoolander

picture.php

this may have been the prettiest bud from the run. bag appeal is really on point, and the frostiness just pops. pic does not do the best job of capturing how nice this shit look.s

smell is very oily funky og, light touches of fruit in the back, but not really what I would qualify as banana. the other pheno was more fruity sweet, but still not really on point with banana.

as far as the smoke this comes in a bit behind the SFV. the flavor does not really translate through as well as the SFV, and the high is a bit more intense. Sfv just makes ya feel good.

eyesdownchronic

:yay: got some pretty awesome news, just found some Kosher seeds i thought i had lost/ misplaced years ago.

my original seed pack yielded only 6 plants, 2 f 4 m . the 2 females were labeled fresh chem and earthy. the Fresh chem was what I would describe as pure upper chem notes with none of the chem d type funky bass. the earthy was similar but with more pronounced hashy earthy kush undertones.

when i germinated the f2 seeds i thought i had misplaced the "earthy" line. i spent some time looking for them but to no avail.
the resulting f2 line had a decent bit of variation, with 1 clear winner, which was chosen to continue into f3. I'm pleased with the resulting progeny, but they seem mostly dominated by the upper aerosol notes, and I honestly can't remember which line the selected f2 keeper came from (i'm guessing the fresh chem). this all was somewhat discouraging as it limited me from sifting deeper into the earthy side of the kosher. main reason is that the original kosher cross was (jews gold cut x DNA og (91 chem???) male) so those chem terps may actually be coming from the DNA male, not the jew gold. the cross i worked with is actually the kosher og from CFF which is a Jew's gold bc1 if i understand correctly, so should be a better representation of the Jew gold cut.

anyways, when going back through some of my older seeds i found a packet just labeled "Kosher f2", while the fresh chem was labeled as "kosher f2, fresh chem" so i found the original f2 earthy line! suffice to say, a number of both of those original f2 seed lines just hit the dirt. hoping to find a better distinction between the terps coming from the original line.

if you bothered to read through all that check out some f4's that just came down not too long ago. these plants suffered through some nearly unspeakable conditions and im thinking they came out the best out of everyone

heres one from what i called the f3 "kush line" (this is the same line that the selected f4 prophet male came from)

picture.php

the flash kinda distorts how the bud looks, but its actually a more medium green, with tacky resin. seems like it leans more to the pure og side but the terps are still overwhelming "fresh chem." loud af. the glue and sour are sitting on the other side of the tent with their thumbs up their butt.

heres one from the f3 "forgotten line" my original favorite f3.

picture.php

again, distorted by the flash, but this bud is significantly "whiter" than the the kush line pictured earlier. also has more of a stacking type growth pattern in relation to the kush line. resin is more greasy. terps are practically identical.

calisun

Hey Eyes your grow looks great. I got some lucky dog seeds going. I'm sure your road dog will be fire. Looking forward to seeing more

eyesdownchronic

tonygreens Glue RIL and Sour D bx2 from Shoreline alongside each other
picture.php

came out somewhat similar looking haha.

The glue ril doesnt smell as good as it shouldve in these poor conditions. still fairly good though. definitely on point with the glue, with a bit less earthiness. maybe that will come out with the dry/cure.
the sour is a pretty nasty deep earthy smell. seems to lean more to the chem than the masss skunk side of the sour.
both pale in comparison to the pure intensity of the kosher, but that may change following the dry and cure process.

LouDog420

Haven't seen gear from zoo in some time, nice to see it's still floating around. Looking frosty in here!

Grabbing a seat [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
wave.gif
[/FONT]

eyesdownchronic

Alien Fighter (Starfighter x Aliendogf1) from obsoul33t.

picture.php

this plant also came out nicely considering. nice frost coverage. smell is on point the TAS, which is surprisingly hot skunky gas. have to say the Alien fighter came out much nicer though. bit less on yield.

(dont mind those poor ol girls in the back flopping over... i think those are the koshers)

eyesdownchronic

Banana og f3 (ripened cut)

picture.php

this one was extremely stretchy in flower. buds are very sweet, like a fruit loops smoothie or something. wouldnt really say banana, but sweeter than her og sister. bag appeal is definitely on point. high is not as potent as the og pheno, much more mellow.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

Had an itch to get back into growing some "organic" bud.

at first I was thinking I would try making a notill bed in a kiddie pool, as IVe seen others do. but then opted to try out some homemade sub irrigated totes.

im thinking I want to try using a coco hydroton mix as the base for my "living soil(less) media" wondering if it would be possible to achieve coco type yields of organic bud. coco seems like a great choice because it does not break down or compact much over time. its faily common for growers to reuse coco even when running with synthetics. especially those slabs. so I imagine it should work fine. only potential issue I see is that coco alone has a very high water holding capacity and not great pore space. so amending with hydroton should help. besides that I will be treating it just as any other living soil by ammending with vermicompost, bokashi, fish meal, bone meal ,etc. etc. Think ill also try tossing in some earthworms.

started out with a bunch of old coco, maybe 30 gallons, and figured I may as well reuse it.

picture.php
picture.php

ammended with old leftover goodies and left to sit.