What's new

Chow Mix, 600's, Recirculating

BCMaster

Could very well be chem 4 , i do see what u see with mosca 's version , very similar in appearance. How r the smells comin from yours?
Kinda hard to put my finger on it because I am terrible at describing smells my best guess would be a mix of pine wood and fruit???

looks very similar to the OTM x Chem#4.. I bet you still have the original chem4 though. But it is very thought provoking eh? sorry to get you wrapped up in my observations hehe
hehe no prob, not too hung up on this chemdawg. Wait till you see the white fire og, it is sick!

G

Guest 150314

nice room man, you should give the flock a go next round. ive done well with it, 1 gal pots fed every hour for 1.5 min. ive had no problem getting 3-4 oz per plant in 1 gal pots, i cut big clones and only veg a few days i think this room was 4 or 5 days veg. im always surprised more people dont use the flock. dont be fooled by the layer of hydroton in the pots, just there to prevent bugs and algae

picture.php

BCMaster

Nice grow mango, that looks like an OG? 12 per light? It is tempting for sure. Next round will be chow again and then maybee I will do a light of flock to compare in the winter, Im itchin to find out.

G

Guest 150314

thanks that room is ghetto but it produces well, the plants in that room are jack herer. 8 x 600s and 40 plants.

BCMaster

Alright, I lied lol... Here are some pics from day 50.

Attachments

• Recurculating hydro 080.jpg
    Recurculating hydro 080.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Recurculating hydro 084.jpg
    Recurculating hydro 084.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Recurculating hydro 088.jpg
    Recurculating hydro 088.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Recurculating hydro 087.jpg
    Recurculating hydro 087.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Recurculating hydro 096.jpg
    Recurculating hydro 096.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Recurculating hydro 100.jpg
    Recurculating hydro 100.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 13

BCMaster

There is a mess of buds there thats for sure, not really looking forward to hand trimming this one solo. The room reeks of rotten meat and extra odor control has been put in place.

Very nice setup, BcMaster. I love the grow freezer, that one actually looks like it has some decent room inside, compared to others ive seen.

Im not sure if this was said yet, but, do you re-use your hydroton and coco?

BCMaster

Very nice setup, BcMaster. I love the grow freezer, that one actually looks like it has some decent room inside, compared to others ive seen.

Im not sure if this was said yet, but, do you re-use your hydroton and coco?
This my first run with chow mix and I am going to reuse it which is a first for me. I have always thrown it out and started with fresh no matter what medium I was running. I did just apply a heavy dose of a Capulators Bennificials ACT Tea to help speed up the process of composting the old roots and hopefully kick start the next round of clones going in.

Nice grow BC! Heavy harvest. Enjoy.:joint:
Thanks Mountain High

D

DHF

Guess I missed this one , but BC......You`re not recirculating as in 24/7 fed constantly lights on as well as lights off but rather still timed feeds DTW but .....back to the rez to be re-adjusted and added back to as needed for consistent ppm`s....

Nice setup regardless and good luck......and hey....don`t take no wooden nickels from Jrosek....He`s all help and do this and do that , but his so-called bullshit leaf strippin technique cost me MONTHS of repairin and re-cuperatin my Chem D`s back to a 10 week cycle instead of 12+ for the same results......but....

Thanks to him I figured out when to get rid of unneeded fans AFTER end of stretch without stuntin my bitches instead of his "patented" day 21 and again day 45 that worked for his shit , but it`s ALL strain dependent and will stunt your shit with couple week recovery time needed from most hybrids....bet on it....anyways...

That said....Hope harvey`s double whatchas expect....and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

Last edited:
G

Guest 150314

This my first run with chow mix and I am going to reuse it which is a first for me. I have always thrown it out and started with fresh no matter what medium I was running. I did just apply a heavy dose of a Capulators Bennificials ACT Tea to help speed up the process of composting the old roots and hopefully kick start the next round of clones going in.

Thanks Mountain High
growzyme

BCMaster

Guess I missed this one , but BC......You`re not recirculating as in 24/7 fed constantly lights on as well as lights off but rather still timed feeds DTW but .....back to the rez to be re-adjusted and added back to as needed for consistent ppm`s....

Nice setup regardless and good luck......and hey....don`t take no wooden nickels from Jrosek....He`s all help and do this and do that , but his so-called bullshit leaf strippin technique cost me MONTHS of repairin and re-cuperatin my Chem D`s back to a 10 week cycle instead of 12+ for the same results......but....

Thanks to him I figured out when to get rid of unneeded fans AFTER end of stretch without stuntin my bitches instead of his "patented" day 21 and again day 45 that worked for his shit , but it`s ALL strain dependent and will stunt your shit with couple week recovery time needed from most hybrids....bet on it....anyways...

That said....Hope harvey`s double whatchas expect....and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

Your exactly right with your recirculating assumptions. I don't feed 24/7. Instead I found that my results came from feeding 3x per lights on cycle at 60 second intervals, recirculated back to the res. I don't feed lights off and I topped up every other day with around 18 Gallons of fresh water and ran my ph 5.6-6.0

I have wanted to try it but the cost has always kept me from buying it, That and I have a friend who reuses pro mix and just rips out the old root balls and replants clones in there place. He does pretty good too. I might look into pond zyme though or something cheaper like that. Actually, now that I think of it I used to use those Zyme pills made by Green Planet.

Cant wait to see the finished product and find out your GPW numbers. The size of those buds at day 50 REALLY impressed me especially for being under 600s. Look forward to a comparison of your previous coco only grows too!

Latest posts

Latest posts