What's new

Chocolate Thai Revival

Hey Zander,
I found an interesting tutorial on how to get old cannabis seeds to sprout using "principles" from tissue culture. Basically all you would need are a few sterilized test tubes, hydrogen peroxide, sugar water, and sterilized coco coir. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLRWrjy8UGg

Only have the GA3, but have not tried it yet. Found a site with some other hormones and stuff, but have not ordered anything yet.
Willing to try whatever you think will work. I know they need more than what I have here.
Soaking the seeds briefly in a cleaning agent has stopped the rotting. Have some sterile containers now too.

You can also buy their seed soak kit for $45 dollars. It's marketed for germinated 20 year old cannabis seeds.
https://www.monstergardens.com/seed_soak_kit&filter_name=seed soak ki

Here is the tutorial for that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L30_5b34NdU

Only have the GA3, but have not tried it yet. Found a site with some other hormones and stuff, but have not ordered anything yet.
Willing to try whatever you think will work. I know they need more than what I have here.
Soaking the seeds briefly in a cleaning agent has stopped the rotting. Have some sterile containers now too.

mtntrogger

Veteran
If you go the tissue culture route let me know, I may be able to help. My buddy made a "diy" tissue culture setup fairly inexpensively, and used that as his sole method of propagation for at least 2 years , He would happily give me the info on what he used to pass on.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx TangieFanatic.

Was looking at that kit before and may check it out.
Wanted to see if I could buy the single ingredients they used in that kit first.

Thx mtntrogger and let me know.

I am looking at all the options before I soak anymore.
Have lots of other stuff going on and in no hurry.

For those that ONLY message me for seeds and say they can do a better job, plz don't.
Giving me information to germ these is the way to make them available to more people.

Thx everyone else for all the help. :ying:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
lotta ****s on this forums eh...lol "i can do a better job".

keep hope alive lil buddy. i just found a sprouted seed in some of the dirt i was reusing. so some seed i wrote off some months ago eventually sprouted. but sadly did not make it. was too far gone when i founds it. it damped off and died.

but there's still hope. keep trying.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Messaged Monster Gardens about their kit and they never replied.
Not ordering it based on their little video that only shows kit contents.

Mass Spectrum has the ingredients at a fraction of the cost of the MG kit.
Anyone who has done it before can message me to make sure I get the right stuff to use.

Hey Zanddar,
This method sounds inexpensive and legit,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLRWrjy8UGg

You would need those little plastic or glass viles but you can buy those on Amazon for an inexpensive price. Also, you would need peroxide, tweezers, sterlized sugar water, and a tiny bit of sterlile coco choir that has sugar in it.

I think the most valuable thing this method does is stop rot once the seed goes into soil.

Messaged Monster Gardens about their kit and they never replied.
Not ordering it based on their little video that only shows kit contents.

Mass Spectrum has the ingredients at a fraction of the cost of the MG kit.
Anyone who has done it before can message me to make sure I get the right stuff to use.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i subscribed to that guy just off GP for the information. but i'm not gonna pay a guy for shit i already have in my house. in fact i've actually been doing all that he's doing but not the same as him. i was combining it all. h2O2, sugar, b-vitamins enzymes and hormones. all in one glass with the seeds to soak.

i'll separate into stages now. i'd started on that road. my last seeds i germ in the h2O2+vitamins then i put into sterile media and water with sugar water.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I watch those vids just for the info. Have some of the stuff already too.
The hormones I would need and the rest is easy to get here.

Are you germing very old seed with that method?
Fresh seed needs very little extra to germ. Send me some details.

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i've laid it out in several pages of this thread. 10-25+ year old seeds i'm trying and failing to germ. all the new seeds are fine i just drop those in dirt.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I think i score some original "Chocolate Thai" from dutch flowers! My friend told me, i'm don't remember where they come! But they were still in original package, Simple labeled "Chocolate Thai" In a kind of package similar to the old "Mota R****" package. 12 seeds in a little plastic shell (kinda) btw a square carton piece, tacked on every side. Oh, there was also some long white rice in the plastic shell along the seeds!

Does that remind something to someone?

C

CaptButler

I know that there is a ten pack of the DNA of Choc Thai that were sold when drawoh bought his still in the original pack. They're at least ten years old by now but have been kept under constant temp and humidity. They were verified by DNA genetics as the real deal so the of Choc Thai isn't lost. Just waiting for the right time and place. Like to be in Colorado for sure. The plan is to release an F2 line out for sale. Anyone interested?

C

CaptButler

I read an interesting article on stimulating old seed stock with electricity. Be careful obviously, but germ rates jumped from 10-15% to 80-90%. Google it and do some research.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I know that there is a ten pack of the DNA of Choc Thai that were sold when drawoh bought his still in the original pack.

Do you really think DNA has Choc Thai having in mind they are full of shit with some of their linages? They are pretty renowned within the community for using fake trendy names, stealing pictures and so on to bring attention to their lines, right?. :biggrin:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So I'll be receiving some chocolate thai s1's hopefully I can find a good representative to self and try and bring this gem back in dioecious seed by selecting only males to females after I self will post again once I start this project

dannykarey

I got a couple packs of a repro of Mark Castle's Chocolate Thai, Snow's Chocolate Thai Bx and some of Drawho's Chocolate Thai as well.....Gonna go through them and see what's what and hopefully weed out any intersex issues (All of the seeds I got came with a warning about this from the peeps that gifted them to me) and do some Chucking along the way.

I think Socal Seedvault is also working with some Chocolate Thai though I'm not sure where they came from. I know they have them for sale at a certain spot at a crazy good price.

It's great to see her around so much for sure.

Where did your Chocolate Thai S1's come from Emperortaima? Sounds like it will be an interesting project for sure.

Danny

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I got a couple packs of a repro of Mark Castle's Chocolate Thai, Snow's Chocolate Thai Bx and some of Drawho's Chocolate Thai as well.....Gonna go through them and see what's what and hopefully weed out any intersex issues (All of the seeds I got came with a warning about this from the peeps that gifted them to me) and do some Chucking along the way.

I think Socal Seedvault is also working with some Chocolate Thai though I'm not sure where they came from. I know they have them for sale at a certain spot at a crazy good price.

It's great to see her around so much for sure.

Where did your Chocolate Thai S1's come from Emperortaima? Sounds like it will be an interesting project for sure.

Danny

Keep me posted maybe we can share a thread comprised of chocolate thai

Latest posts

Latest posts