What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Forgot the Ht/nlxchemd

plants 1, 2 from left to right

20220101_103940.jpg
20220101_104010.jpg

plant 1

20220101_104055.jpg

plant 2

20220101_084347.jpg

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Wow, some very nice crosses Jah, always nice to see an update from you. Which is your crosses are looking the most favourable?

Ive got a pack of the purple mex somewhere, I should give those a shot sometime.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Wow, some very nice crosses Jah, always nice to see an update from you. Which is your crosses are looking the most favourable?

Ive got a pack of the purple mex somewhere, I should give those a shot sometime.

Hi Kalbhairav, good to see you around the forum again...Hope you and yours are having a great new year.
of the two current crosses the purple mex/hmbb cross has the better overall smell and growth. there is one ht/nlchem cross that has potential but overall the plants lean towards the maternal side. unfortunately, I only was able to flower one seed because I couldn't get the others to crack so I used the only thing I had. on the mex side it was from a selected run so the plant going in was better. I would have some Fighting Buddha x hmbb I have been waiting to explore but they have to wait a bit longer as I run some new verdant green gear I received over the holidays and am eager to grow. I still have quite a few chimera crosses I've made throughout the years so pop back in once and a while to see whats growing.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
so I'll be running the ht/nl2Chemd plant #5 since it was the best of the 5 sisters. hopefully my soil situation is sorted this time around and I won't burn her. Still, even with less than ideal conditions she smoked nice and hit like a hammer. the chem nl side is strong in taste and smell has a nice head space like the Hightest. going to let her go past 9 weeks this time probably closer to 11 if she can get there without losing much. I kept her short with multiple tops to see how she can produce in a future sog if I still like her after the run.

20220217_180341.jpg
20220217_180401.jpg
20220217_180557.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fighting Buddha x HM/BB

This is the FB mom I kept from earlier in the thread and dusted some of the hmxbb pollen from my lone f1. I have been trying to get to these for a while but haven't had the time to drop at least 10 to look through. While I still have other priorities in the grow room I decided to start 3 seeds. I culled 2 males and this was the only female. While I still not 100% sure its a girl the other were quick to show sex. I can already tell she will have some color in the flower from her first set of true leaves which I removed while training...had purple and lavender veining. No doubt the bb passing on a majority of genetic material as the parents are half siblings. fingers crossed and hopefully I get some bb flavors with an expansive heady high.

20220308_135747.jpg
20220308_140033.jpg
20220308_135924.jpg

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
That FB x (HM x BB) is going to be really lovely. I have a good feeling that the effect is going to be prime. Looking forward to more

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
That FB x (HM x BB) is going to be really lovely. I have a good feeling that the effect is going to be prime.
thanks Kal, I have a good feeling about her as well.

Below is the HTxHMBB in her 5th week of flower. The nose is a pronounced bubble gum and solvent type smell with a sweetness to over scent at the moment. she got hungrier than I anticipated so I gave a low dose 5-1-1 last week and top dressed with guano and ewc. some slight tip burn but she did green up a bit and looks happier. that should hopefully carry her to the finish line.

20220310_122558.jpg
20220310_112735.jpg
20220310_122523.jpg
20220310_122450.jpg
20220310_122427.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fighting Buddha x HM/BB

So I chopped the ht x nl/chem a while back and failed to get pics but I sampled some buds and though its still curing it has proven very potent. I will do a follow up smoke report. Below is the fighting buddha x guerrero-berry I made some time ago but am just now getting to. Of the seeds planted, this was the only female that came up. Here she is in a one gal but she is now in a 3 gal container for the duration of flower. The smaller container restricted height and I noticed she started to flower fairly quickly as well. The leaf structure resembles the HM x BB pollen donor more than the FB mum but we'll see how it turns out. I split the meristem at the manifold junction but some duct tape saved the day. Anyhow, here she is:

20220419_175437.jpg
20220419_175419.jpg
20220419_175359.jpg
20220419_175341.jpg
20220419_175223.jpg

Attachments

• 20220419_175146.jpg
    20220419_175146.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
That looks like a beautiful specimen, very healthy and vibrant. Looking forward to how she turns out :)

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
fighting buddha x guerrero-berry after 3 weeks. the plant has a very robust root mass and looks like once she hit the inside of the container she quickly started to flower. In veg the restriction did not cause any preflower issues but after the flip the quick flower set came at the cost of stretching and potentially limits flower volume since it stayed shorter. Anyhow, 3 weeks later and she has stopped stretching and is quickly bulking up. Last week the plant had an acrid scent the burmese berry mother had but today its changing to a sweet berry almost grape wine kind of thing. With 50% BB genes i expected most plants to lean that way and this gal is certainly doing so. If the pollen donor chocolate-lime taste comes through on this plant it will be a worthwhile grow. Here she is just past 3 weeks flower.

20220426_125648.jpg
20220426_125754.jpg
20220426_125822.jpg
20220426_125912.jpg
20220426_125956.jpg
20220426_125930.jpg

window

Veteran
Looking real good!! As always Jahaze, your plants are a picture of health :)

I tried to like your last pic and nothing happened apart from an orange line started dashing across the top of the page, strange??
Anyway, lovely pics, keep growing Jahaze.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Looks like this one example is showing a lot of promise. The FB taming the HM/BB but hopefully keeping all the nuances of the experience. Hopefully will be an excellent half sibling cross.

Last edited:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
So after 7 weeks of flowering this is what the FB/Guerrero BB looks like. I noticed she slowed down in the last week or so and not drinking her usual amount of h2o. I noticed a touch of lockout and upon checking the container she was up potted in I realized it had a nitrogen rich soil mix i make for my vegging plants. the fact that she's taken this long to show displeasure is probably due to the fact she had such a robust root mass when I transplanted she was still consuming a fair amount of food. I had to choose up rooting and knocking off the excess soil and replacing with mild seed starter soil and tons of perlite or trying to wash away any buildup at the bottom by running water through the medium. I chose the latter and will hope for the best. here she is stacking flowers upwards like mountain peaks. Looks like she may start foxtailing but her grow environment is not ideal atm so we shall see.

20220524_174031.jpg
20220524_103129.jpg
20220524_173954.jpg
20220524_173928.jpg
20220524_174054.jpg

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
They’re still looking very nice even though the soil might be for veg. Makes you wonder what the result would have been with your flower mix.

Some nice looking spears. How’s the smell?

aliceklar

They are still looking so healthy and pretty, Ja:love: Is the displeasure the slight yellowing on lower leaves? Are you using any liquid nutes, or is this a soil-only grow? I'm guessing you are doing soil-only organic (and big respect for that), and that you suspect lockout from excess N?? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to understand.🤓

I hope the flush works for you, and they make it through 🥰. By their stage of flower they have not so far to go I hope. Could it be that this hybrid is v hungry for N?? (my RQS Green Gelato always yellows early in flower, in the same way, but is a v hungry feeder)

Alice likes what you are doing here, and appreciates the love, care and thoughtfulness you give to the beautiful herb.👍
So after 7 weeks of flowering this is what the FB/Guerrero BB looks like. I noticed she slowed down in the last week or so and not drinking her usual amount of h2o. I noticed a touch of lockout and upon checking the container she was up potted in I realized it had a nitrogen rich soil mix i make for my vegging plants. the fact that she's taken this long to show displeasure is probably due to the fact she had such a robust root mass when I transplanted she was still consuming a fair amount of food. I had to choose up rooting and knocking off the excess soil and replacing with mild seed starter soil and tons of perlite or trying to wash away any buildup at the bottom by running water through the medium. I chose the latter and will hope for the best. here she is stacking flowers upwards like mountain peaks. Looks like she may start foxtailing but her grow environment is not ideal atm so we shall see.

View attachment 18715100

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hi Aliceklar thank you for stopping by. I do grow in organic soil which i re-use and amend and compost before use. For vegging plants i have a huge container i store soil in and add feather meal, neem meal and a small amount of blood meal especially as temp rise in the year. I have a separate storage bin for flowering soil since i sometimes up pot small containers. That bin gets bone meal and high P guano or rock phos. In an effort to save time i half fill containers of both types of soil and set aside so i can just grab, re plant and back fill quickly. I grabbed the wrong one because i was high and not paying attention. I suspected something was off when the container was heavier than normal after not receiving water for a few days. The top few inches deep was bone dry but the pot was still heavy which means there probably is not much root growth into the new soil after the transplant and that zone is staying wet, compacted and is heavy...not to metion anaerobic . I poked holes on the side of the container to help dry and that worked. She has since grown into the new soil (i see fresh roots at bottom) but her growth stalled for sure. She is a bit too green up top and the leaf tips have evidence of burn. I think the real culprit here was the blood meal which i find is available rather quickly compared to other N rich ferts and a no no in mid to late flower. My only saving grace may be that particular batch of soil i made was lean because i was preparing for longer flowering sativas.

Latest posts

Latest posts