What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
congo haze

congo haze

moving along with the melange: this is the clone of the haze/ss x congo/bh plant from previous post. I let it grow natural just to see her natural structure. The seed plant went 13 weeks so I'm hoping I can finish this by week 12 at the latest. The smell is lemon incense with a spiced candy smell when up close and a pungent skunky smell from afar. A very loud smelling plant which I was not expecting but appreciate. The seed plant had chunky tops and this clone looks like the flower set in on tract to surpass it. She is currently under a new light I have been having issues with since it is my first go at a QB light and some deficiencies have crept up with my plants. Its either nutrient mix too lean or light intensity too strong forcing the plant to use more food. I may have to bump the container size up to 2 or 3 gals going forward if I cant find an adjustment in this cycle. Any how this is the congo-haze gal...smells divine.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
XL under new lights

XL under new lights

I have posted this plant before since it has been with me for several years now. I used this plant specifically since I know the plant well and am trying to figure out what is happening under the new lights. I resisted the urge to plant in a larger container so I can better evaluate the growth and respond quicker to any needs she may have by supplementing. Currently, she has been given RO water with 1/2 teaspoon epsom salt to buffer pH and for the last 10 days 1/2 teaspoon /gal fish fert 5-1-1 npk every other watering. I started the fish feed because i noticed some premature yellowing and as you can see from the pics its barely enough. I may go 1 full teaspoon every other watering or 1/2 teaspoon every watering. She was top dressed with gypsum, guano and alfalfa for the long haul but is responding quicker with the water in fert. the lights are definitely making the plant draw more than usual even considering this is a very hungry plant in flower. I hope I can stay ahead of her by just feeding her enough to carry the plant to the end without extending the flower time with the extra nutes...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Purple Mexican x Highland Mexican

Purple Mexican x Highland Mexican

This yet another melange I made using pollen from Chimera's F1 Highland Mexican and BB with a Oaxacan x PCK plant from ACE. This was the very first plant placed under the new QB lights before I knew I had to modify my approach with the new setup. This plant suffered tremendously and I am surprised it stacked its flowers given the amount of set backs it has had. The plant lost about 60-70% of its leaves in the first couple weeks and has been on life support for the last 5 weeks. Considering what is has been through I dont expect the smoke to be exceptional but I stuck with it instead of culling because I needed to gauge how far I need to go in correcting my container mix in the new setup. Anyhow the plant still smells like the tootsie roll chocolate candy and the resin is sticky and sweet floral when i rub it between my fingers. i have a clone and more seeds from the pollen chuck so I will be exploring this cross some more in the future.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Your IH/BH f2 and Congo/BH x IH/SS are looking really good! :)

Loving the descriptions as well. Sounds like they’ll be a treat

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Your IH/BH f2 and Congo/BH x IH/SS are looking really good! :)

Loving the descriptions as well. Sounds like they’ll be a treat

Thanks Kal.

Ok so I have a few things cooking at the moment but wanted to show this new line from Chimera seeds. This the melon haze x ss which I have zero info on but decided to give it a go. They have since been re-potted into bigger container and cuttings taken to root and preserve in the event that I find something spectacular. If anyone has grown this or anything related to the the mother plant please chime in and let us know what we are dealing with. Anyhow: Melon Haze x SS

Melon Haze x SS

Breeders Retail

Hey Jahaze,

So I’ve enquired about the Melon Haze.

The terps of this haze mother can apparently have an aroma that’s similar to freshly grated sweet carrot, as well as melon. With the sweet skunk influence who knows how it might turn out, not sure of the nuances will play out the same.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hey Jahaze,

So I’ve enquired about the Melon Haze.

The terps of this haze mother can apparently have an aroma that’s similar to freshly grated sweet carrot, as well as melon. With the sweet skunk influence who knows how it might turn out, not sure of the nuances will play out the same.

Thanks for the info BR. The plants are vigorous now that they have more root space and I have since taken cuttings of each. My plan was to wait a couple more weeks but I think I'll put these into flower this coming week and keep them on the shorter side of things to help manage the room which is full of too many things I started when I should not have. Once the space allows I plan to either run the soulshine x jack or the mental floss x jack. I was leaning towards the soulshine cross only because of the current grow Kal, Zif and Chappi have going at the moment. I am looking forward to trying more of Chimera's ChemD bx lines. I am actually hoping for a couple male NL x Chem plants so I can pollinate several other plants as I continue to explore inheritance and selection criteria. Chimera has made it easy to use his genetics to that end. Anyhow, looking forward to the melon cross and hope the SS doesn't dominate too much and I'm able to appreciate some of those terps you mentioned.

Breeders Retail

I would expect the Soulshine x Jack to be unbelievably fruity; pineapple and zingy citrus fruits throughout. Looking forward to more...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Update

Update

This is the congo-haze plant and the XL progressing under the new lights. I believe the new lights pushed the plants more than I'm used to under the blurple lights and I made some adjustments which seems have worked. I pulled the lights back a couple inches and recently dropped the intensity to 80%. I topped dressed the plants around week 4 with guano, alfalfa and ewc. Adding 1 tsp epsom every other watering during heavy growth. The plants are just coming into week eight and have signs of stress and I am barely keeping up with their needs. The XL will come down in the next 10-12 days. The congo-haze still has some way to go but I'm on top of her so should finish strong. Next round I may have to go to a 2 gal container and alleviate some deficiencies. Aside from those issues, they are doing fine. They bulked up steadily and are loaded. The XL got floppy from the weight of the terminal buds and the con-haze narrow profile opened up to a Xmas tree structure. Those inner buds swelled nicely as well and looks like it will be a decent harvest. Anyhow, the congo-haze is on left and XL on right.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
So both the XL and congo-haze plant are nearing the end with the XL coming down this week...Ill post a pic before the chop if I can remember. I have a couple other things on cooking sort of speak with some homemade crosses using Chimera's hard work to explore lines further. Currently I have coming to this thread:

Sour Diesel/SS x White Lotus/Jack in mid flower
Mellon Haze xSS (x3) just put into flower
Island Purp/SS x HMxBB (x2) still in veg but will soon go to flower room
Nl#1 x Chem (x2) males I plan on using to make seeds
Soulshine x Jack (x5) seedlings
Verdant Green WhiteRhino/Bubba seedlings (x2)

i also just finished a 5 congo/bh f2 plants and observed some interesting things I'll mention in a separate post along with a smoke report and my cross of Congo/Haze and Purple Mex/HMBB plants I ran recently. lots of flowers and stuff to get to but 2021 will be a different year for my garden as I try some new varietals from Chimera.

ULMW

Lovely updates Jahaze. Nice crosses too. Looks like you got your hands and gardens full with what you listed. Still hope you find room for the Fighting Buddha's again...:biglaugh:
Happy Growing

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks ULMW, I will be looking through some FB crosses this spring as well as trying to make some f2s of chimera's line.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Sour Diesel x SS cross

Sour Diesel x SS cross

This a sour diesel/ss x white lotus/jack cross I made with the lone white lotus plant I was able to germ. I dusted a couple other plants with this pollen but this was the first line I decided to explore. Planted 3 but only 1 female this round. The plant has the pollen donor structure for sure as the sdss was wildly branching and not uniform. I did chop the main stem to keep it under a lower sectioned of my room with the blurple leds and am glad as she stretched more than I expected. The smell started as sour citrus but has since changed with some fruity tones I presume are from the jack side. She has smaller flower set than the mother plants at this stage but I believe she can be trained better going forward and still produce if she turns out good. The plant started under blurple leds for the first 3 weeks but last week the last of the QB leds was installed in the room and she now occupies a spot underneath. Hopefully the lighting change doesn't alter her development that much.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Melon x SS

Melon x SS

Hello everyone. Sorry for the gap in updates but I decided to take a break from posting over the holidays with the expectation of starting again in Jan but I had some plant issues and there was really nothing to post. In the photos below you will see the 3 melon x SS plants I started just beginning to flower. Of the 3 plants only 2 have made it into the later stages of flower due to one plant exhibiting inter-sex traits and had to be culled. Of the three plant two have a sweet carrot scent that BR mentioned in another post and the 3rd one leans in the SS direction heavily nose wise. The plant in the middle of the pic had the strongest carrot smell early one and was really a nice plant with nice flowers but it was also the one the produced a male flower and dropped a significant amount of pollen in the flower room. I hadn't noticed a puncture in a black-out sheet that separates another room I have with longer light cycle and poof...dusted every plant in the room. In the room were couple other Chimera seed plants, some personal crosses, and plants from other sources. The two remaining Melon x SS plants were seeded but I decided to let them develop seeds (Melon/SS x Mellon/SS) just to see if anything positive comes from misfortune. I have taken them down with one plant showing very fast development compared to the other two. The plant on the left of the pic is the fast plant and the other plant that has the sweet carrot smell as you get close to the plant. i did take a couple of nugs at week 8 and to my surprise while I trimmed the nug an unmistakable melon scent appeared. It has a faint hint of the SS lemon funk but it leans towards the melon side for sure. the quickly dried flower was smoked after a three days dry and although all I could taste is green uncured weed, the effect was motivating and active with a cerebral effect. Not racy in the sightliest which was a nice surprise as well. The flower set is on the lose side with fox tailing noticeable as the plant matures. The plant on the far right had the nicest structure to me with tighter node spacing and more tolerant of hotter soil mix and feeding...the other two seem to like it slow and low at first and then get ravenous after week 4 of flower. I do have the three clones waiting for another run now that I fixed the light leak but will have to wait until my current batch of flowers finish up. I am contemplating only running only the two melon leaners simply because the plant on the right was not "special" nose wise. Currently in the flower room are the following:

> Mountain Jam x Jack = 3 females from 5 seeds planted.
> Hightest x SS = 1 plant ( had trouble getting seeds to open for some reason but BR made thing right)
> White Rhino x 98BK ( Verdant Green) = 2 plants
> Island Purp/SS x Highland Mex/BB = 2 plants

On deck after this run will be:
> Melon x SS = 2 plants
> BC OG x Jack = 3 plants
> A couple more pollen chucks I made

Anyhow, here are the Melon x SS plants before the chop...sorry no late flowering pics due to seeded plants and early chop.

Melon leaner that pollinated other plants:

Melon leaner that made it 9 weeks and was sampled:
by the way this plant was very resinous as well so a nice specimen for sure. Nice green melon scent in ground bud and while trimming. Plant not allowed to cure so dont know final product taste and smell but will run again for sure.

The smallest plant with the tighter node spacing and very nice development but not noteworthy...haven sampled yet so it may surprise me but I dont think Ill run it again.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I had a hard time with the high test and hawaiian myself. I got a replacement pack but the first one I tried still behaved the same.

Bummer about the light leak. Glad you're giving them another run. I bet they're stellar when things go right. Keep swinging! Let us know how they turn out.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
What's up ic members. Been a while since I posted but have been busy with pandemic related life. Anyhow, back to the fun with a new look and feel with the new website. First up: hightest x ss. I had some germ issues with a pack and BR quickly replaced and was able to get a lone plant from a 5pk. I was not successful in getting a clone to root even though I tried several times so not sure what I did wrong. I was able to pollinate the plant with 2 nl1xchem males and can confirm seeds have been produced ensuring the hightest genetic material will be preserved. Having trouble posting my pics but will fix that soon I hope and post.

20210308_164958.jpg - Hightest

Last edited:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Uploaded my pics but can't find them in my album folder. I get a window with blank thumbnails and I can't see them to select the correct picture. I can randomly select a picture but I have over 200 in one folder and it will be difficult to guess what is what when I can t see them. Anyone else having a problem? Not liking this new interface/system atm...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
First- Hey! Good to see you. Always look forward to your pics and reports.

Good on you for making sure to get some seed out of that cross. I had a similar germ experience (specifically High Test, all others no prob) but BR has been really cool about helping to square it up.
High Test x SS x NL x Chem? There's a cross. I bet that's going to be a winner for sure.

I also have some thumbnail issues with the site/albums. The more I use the new site the more it gets easier. Over on the tech support sub forum, they are taking suggestions and notes about anything you might be experiencing. They're working through certain problems one at a time. I think in time it should all be okay.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
hi bsgospel, yes I'm happy the pollen took and produced seeds. I agree, BR went out of their way to make things right and they have as far as I'm concerned. case in point: soulshine x jack they sent me to try out. I planted only 5 because I have garden way past capacity to grow anything large due to crowding but couldn't resist. All 5 seeds sprouted no problem and I got 3 females. they are nearly done, actually, 2 of them will come down in the next couple days. I the group pic you will see three different expressions among the sisters. Two share a similar nose but have their own profiles making them different enough. One is simply outstanding in my opinion. The plant on the left is my favorite because it is a dead ringer for a Citra Paradiso plant I grew out a while back. I mean its uncanny, I would not be able to tell the difference blindfolded...seriously. Grapefruit goodness with a loud citrus smell...nothing else. The flower set is also reminiscent of the grapefruit dominant crosses I've grown in the past and is the biggest of the 3 sisters. The middle plant also has a strong citrus/grapefruit smell but has the Jack fruitiness to it. A very nice plant overall and the most resinous of the three. She didn't mind late flowering nutrient watering and is the quicker of the three. She will be the first to come down. The last plant is a bit of an oddity in that it simply didn't grow as fast in veg and stayed relatively small once I flipped to flower. The last gal has zero grapefruit smell which i can detect and also has a mind Jack fruitiness. The main profiles is more of a mild skunk and fuel type smell that has really made me notice her in the last couple weeks. This plants virtues are in the bud formation pretty much all the way down with decent resin production...a Jack trait no doubt. I cloned all three and am waiting for a sample to see how stays for another proper run in a bigger container.
Here are the three plants side by side:
this next one is the soulshine leaner...nosewise: the Middle plant: and the last plant:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
soulshine x jack more pictures.

my favorite...plant on the left:
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	103.6 KB ID:	17818879

the middle plant:
photo2033349.jpg
photo2033350.jpg
the plant on the right...smallest of the three:
photo2033351.jpg
photo2033352.jpg