What's new

Chief Bigsmokes Organic Cheesedogs

chief bigsmoke

Hey Chief, looking good dude. I wish I could afford some horticultural classes. Ever think of going vert?

Vert would be efficient, but I have a small license and having a small perpetual system thats starts 2-3 plants every 2 weeks is what I'm aiming for. It will keep me busy and it will give the plants more one on one light time.

Vert does make a lot of sense though. I have seen some incredible vert systems. I'de like to design an outdoor vertical garden, where I can pump out a ton of food for the local community. Flat land monoculture farms are stuck in the past.

Thanks for tuning in Canna!

When growing organic, with your soil spikes and all, is there a minimum veg time? Is the point to not have to add anything through bud or am I missing something? I am by no means new to growing, I just lack enough knowledge on this subect. My next grow is going to be Organic with your mixes. I think I need a better understanding first.

chief bigsmoke

When growing organic, with your soil spikes and all, is there a minimum veg time? Is the point to not have to add anything through bud or am I missing something? I am by no means new to growing, I just lack enough knowledge on this subect. My next grow is going to be Organic with your mixes. I think I need a better understanding first.

Thanks for the reply canna,

I'm just following the Rev's recipe for success. He uses a similar soil recipe that includes the important three layers plus the spikes. This soil mix has a variety of organic nutrients that "release" at different rates. So you can build a soil that can provide nutrients throughout its entire life cycle and you can use custom home brewed teas to guide the process throughout its separate cycles. Since I have yet to try making my own teas I am using a commercial nutrient recipe. Two things on my to buy list are: worm composter and tea brewing equipment.

chief bigsmoke

CD4

CD4

Day 53 of 12/12

CD4 this pheno stinks, stinks, stinks. I doesn't smell musky. I'de say it smells like a strong-fresh-chemy and a little background of cheese and spice.

Enjoy!

:skiiing:

What would be a proper organics life cycle…lol Sound like a noob question. But as you say with different release rates, how long should one veg to make proper use of all nutrients? Or is that one of those no right answer kind of questions?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey grower excellent job, your garden look'n really healthy fat and green..can't wait untill see some harvest shot buds!!
also very informative 3d with full of great information..question!!
big+

PS: welcome to the ICmag , I'm sure your reputation will rise fast!!!

chief bigsmoke

What would be a proper organics life cycle…lol Sound like a noob question. But as you say with different release rates, how long should one veg to make proper use of all nutrients? Or is that one of those no right answer kind of questions?

Well being a rookie I'de refer to what rev said about vegging. He said that you should always veg for 55 days to maximize your resin production. Longer for sat dom strains. So far I haven't studied the particulars on why that is but I'll get to it some day shortly. That is a question I've asked myself several times.

Oh and Canna, its sounds redundant but you know there is never a bad question. I think people need to ask more questions. To many people believe the first things they see or hear.

:artist:

chief bigsmoke

hey grower excellent job, your garden look'n really healthy fat and green..can't wait untill see some harvest shot buds!!
also very informative 3d with full of great information..question!!
big+

PS: welcome to the ICmag , I'm sure your reputation will rise fast!!!

Thank you so much kw31! After years of studying and praising the plant its nice to finely be able to grow it. I heard a saying: If you give a man a bud he smokes for a day, but if you teach a man to grow he tokes for life. In my case my girlfriend smokes for free. :)

TB Gardens

Veteran
Hey brother, great read ... Packed up some grape ape and read thru it all. Really appreciate all the information your sharing! Brother those cheese-hounds of yours aint looking too bad neither! Btw, loved the video on UVB, makes lots of sense - will most likely get some UvB in my test room soon. Great growing & keep it up brother!

Last edited:

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
Thank you so much kw31! After years of studying and praising the plant its nice to finely be able to grow it. I heard a saying: If you give a man a bud he smokes for a day, but if you teach a man to grow he tokes for life. In my case my girlfriend smokes for free. :)

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ..:headbange
In my case my girlfriend no smokes, so i smoke her part ehhh ehh :bump:

Enjoyed reading through your posts Chief, lots of interesting stuff including hearing how things are going just a few hours to the north! We have no clue what happens up there so its cool to hear. I have pulled up a bean bag and brought some nugs to share ;) puff puff pass~ MissGD

chief bigsmoke

Enjoyed reading through your posts Chief, lots of interesting stuff including hearing how things are going just a few hours to the north! We have no clue what happens up there so its cool to hear. I have pulled up a bean bag and brought some nugs to share ;) puff puff pass~ MissGD

You're msg brought a big smile to my face this morning. Its good to wake up and have a bunch of positive wake n' baked msg's on your journal. Makes a chief feel appreciated. :)

Its true about the lack of knowledge in my area. We refer to it as the "Bubble" We live in our own perfect serenity, living with no clue what the rest of the world is up to.

Much respect,

Chief

chief bigsmoke

Hey brother, great read ... Packed up some grape ape and read thru it all. Really appreciate all the information your sharing! Brother those cheese-hounds of yours aint looking too bad neither! Btw, loved the video on UVB, makes lots of sense - will most likely get some UvB in my test room soon. Great growing & keep it up brother!

MMMM grape ape.... I bet that made the read a breeze to blow through. I appreciate all the kind words. about uvb.. I know eh...? The best bulbs to get are the 26w reptile bulb 10% uvb cfl. You can pick them up at most pet food shops.

chief bigsmoke

Scrogerman made a great point in a pm about why I would be using bushmaster if my goals are to grow vegan/all natural? He was absolutely right, I shouldn't have benn using bushmaster. When I chose to use bushmaster I was uneducated on what it actually was. Now that I'm the wiser I will not be using bushmaster in any further grows. I'll be marking that under the "things I did wrong" column when I complete my first cycle. :)

I hope to have a nice list of "things to do and things not to do" when I finish. Chiefs garden v2.0 is going to be a vast improvement over this last grow.

Right now I have 2 Tahoe OG's that are 2 weeks behind the Cheesedogs and my next cycle will have Cheesedog CD3 and some Strawberry Alien Kush. Hold onto yer hats folks... its a good thing some of you are on bean bag chairs. Less chance of falling and hurting yourselves. :p

chief bigsmoke

I'm taking some advice that I received from Chimera and I think I'm going to harvest CD3 CD7 and the apex flower of CD4 today. Based on the fact that I don't want any degraded cannabinoids at all. SoI will harvest at cloudy - turning clear.

I picked the apex flower and checked it before I cut the whole plant and I noticed that the trichs are mostly cloudy and a little clear and a tiny amount of amber. It think the rest can go a couple more days. Maybe it will get bigger.. Either way, I hope I can re-generate this pheno. it seems like a winner.

Stay tuned for photos

chief bigsmoke

chop chopped today... I actually got my first bruises on my fingers. Damn I need some decent trimming scissors. :1help: The other girls will go the rest of the 2 weeks. Only time will tell how gnarly their about to get...

I also was gifted a nice clone of MK Ultra that will find its was into my perpetual cycle in a couple weeks.

Much love,

Chief

PS I will post a photo of the bad-ass Tahoes tonight. Even though they were started only two weeks after the Cheesedogs they are looking at lot better. I think I've figured out my pH levels and I'm sure to kick a little more ass this next round.

chief bigsmoke

Photo Update

Photo Update

Garden update:

Flowers are maturing, nugs are drying and more young ladies are preparing to get their flower on. These are the good days...

First Pic: Tahoe OG
Second Pic: Cheesedog CD3 harvest 54 days and 158 grams minus approx. 80% when dry.
Third: The new and improved CD3. First week of flowering. I've LST'd her a ton and the apex shoots are actually the very bottom branches. This time I'll have her figured out a little more.

Still Flowering:
4x Cheesedogs - 2 weeks to go
2x Tahoe OG's - 2/3 weeks to go
1x Cheesedog CD3 cut - 1st week of 12/12

Vegging at the moment are:

2x Grandaddy Hazes F1s (The REAL Kens Grandaddy Purps X OJDS cup winning SSSDH)
1x Cheesedog CD3 F1s ( Original Exodus Cheese Cut X Chemdawg BX2)
1x MK Ultra cut ( OG X G13) I do not know too much known about this strain
4x Strawberry Alien Kush's F2's ( Kyle Kushmans Strawberry Cough X Alien Kush cut (Aliendog (chem D X Alien Tech) X Las Vegas Purple Kush) )

Enjoy!