What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cherryjuana test run

W89

Veteran
Really want to try these beans! Can't wait to see some pictures too good luck with your grow

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
starting to get interesting

starting to get interesting

:bump: its about that time, I just wish i knew how to make them bigger so each one could be its own post giant size. from here on out there will be and every week bumpdate, as today is the first FIM and their response to it should be interesting. all have broken 12", with a few around 14" or so. 4-6 more weeks of veg time ahead:biggrin:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
preFIM, I think I can pick out a male or two as well

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 38

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
this makes all eight before FIM

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 37

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It'll be interesting to see the results of the FIM treatment.

cheers

VG

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
hey VG, youll be surprised, a few stretched even harder after FIM treatment and had to be lst'd a little bit, kind of caught me off guard :biggrin:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i noticed they had stretched a bit, perhaps they are boys... they tend to stretch more when they are kept close together as well.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
yeah i noticed they had stretched a bit, perhaps they are boys... they tend to stretch more when they are kept close together as well.

Im guess 2 for sure are males, and Ill have to say hat you added in the second part could be playing into it, as my veg area is a wee bit packed but nothing too serious.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah we probably all suffer from lack of space, i certainly do! :D

plants can sense when their lower leaves are shaded compared to the upper ones. they do it by measuring the red to far-red ratios, and when they sense the lower leaves are shaded they tend to stretch up towards the light
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=194053

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
postFIM, some have responded some havent

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 43

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
the others, still about 3-4 weeks of veg ahead of them before flipflop

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 46
M

MrSterling

Bird, what's your lighting situation like in regards to distance and watts per square foot? The internodes look quite large for a plant that size. Trying to figure out if the cherryjuana have an amount of stretch I'm not used to, but it looks from the photos that the lights could be closer. I'm extrapolating from incomplete data.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mr S

bird mentioned on the last page that the plants were all quite squashed together in veg and that is likely what has caused the extra stretch/internodal distance.
check the link i posted above

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
mr sterling, Im using a 150w hps for veg right now, with the bulb vertically suspended just above the canopy. as VG noted, during the start they were okay but I have ran into crowding issues with fans from other vegging plants(mainly the MIS freebs, stupid fans on these). these were the last to be germed out in the group but they caught up to the rest surprisingly fast. I was hoping FIM'ing would of redirected some of that energy but it seems like it didnt in some.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
still chugging along, a few have responded well to a little LST, with one being not so happy and forcing its tiedown free so it could continue stretching upwards instead of outwards. flip isnt too far off, so hopefully Ill get a few more side shoots stretching out their legs. on one bad note a stupid rodent got in thru my intake screen and chewed up a few stalks of vegging plants, luckily the fucker only got to one of the CJs, one of the male leaners with zero side growth. still got lucky number seven though, pics coming.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
well... now I exceed site limits all of a sudden when Ive been posting the same way this whole time... dunno whats wrong