What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Pie strain from Humboldt?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
there were supposed to be some cherry pie seed crosses hitting the online market soon but the breeder (alien) hasnt been around lately...

the guys who made these strains are too busy running warehouses and supplying dispensaries to be releasing seeds...and they probably dont want every other grower in the united states having access to them..

CP doesnt stretch that much and yes she does throw herms...but they dont have any pollen in them. we also grow cherry pie outdoors and she never throw pods outside which is funny because she was bred outdoors..

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HighonPottery should go check his friend again for more seeds. lucky find indeed.

I still have a few more from the initial bunch. Been real busy with life and took off growing for a year, now I just started again and need to sprout some and perhaps play with breeding if I can find time. Or just keep it simple with a good mom since i do small personal grows. Gonna be clearing out the veg cab with Jack#1 and purple bubblegum going into flower tomorrow so perhaps I'll have to get on that ASAP and maybe be able to have some CP ready to go for outdoor this year.

I've definitely been seeing cherry pie popping up all over the place this past year or so. That and GS Cookies. Dunno though - mine never looked like those - and those fools are charging a premium for theirs!

azsupratt

By chance anyone know where a fellow grower in AZ can get ahold of a legit CP or GSC. A few clubs had them in flower form down here and I picked some up and been craving to get a cut ever since. Stuff is very tasty.

B

Bag

i like how this thread was way before the cookies hype and seems to come from humbolt not a cookies crew, whats anyones opinion? i knew those guys didnt have a clue what was bred with what , im going out on a limb and say cp is an f1 cross of gdp/durban , made in humbolt beofre the cookies crew was even smokin weed /peace

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea the last few years have clarified a bunch of things...at first alot of folks thought CP was from laytonville, because alot of growers up that way have been doing her outdoors for years. these growers are loosely affliated and friends with members of cookiefam...alien created confusion by claiming he knew more about its creation, turns out that wasnt the case.

they have been pretty adamant that CP is their own creation...and after re-verifying with a few of the laytown heads it seems thats the case. it was bred in the bay area and worked its way up north...its GDP female pollinated by a f1durban that hermed..

i love CP its one of my favorite strains grown in open sun...if you're up in mendo look out for "black cherry" its a cherry pie f2 that turns almost completely black purple colored..

B

Bag

i been researching this strain pretty hard and thanks for some clarification, hopefully got some seeds forming in the cherry pie. i grew a gdp cross many years ago and it was very good,p

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
shame this isn't available in seed form I love cherry but ive never seen or smelled cherry buds before.

B

Bag

lots of gdp crosses out there , im sure there is cherry pie crosses if ya look, cherry weed is nice. i havent had the pleasure of smoking the cherry pie but ive had cherry weed and i love it. cherry pie puffs will be soon !

symbiote420

Veteran
Here's my Cherry Pie, I got the cut from a bro who's doing a bid right now ...had to take it off a plant in the 3rd week of bloom but she's rooted and vegging slowly but nicely....

summer 2013 431.jpg

summer 2013 432.jpg

......she was getting a little heat stressed in the veg tent but she'll be fine now that the hot days of hell season are finally behind us and the weather is changing over!!

MrDank

Veteran
Finishing my 2nd round of Cherry Pie. Straight up owns the GSC IMVHO. She doesn't stretch much at all, and I suggest vegging her as big as possible before you flip her

tart cherry pie filling smell and flavor

B

Bag

cherry pie crosses well, there is a couple of croses that look very similar.

Smells like cherry Ludens cough drops. Might be interesting to cross to the cherry pie filling. Cherry Bomb. Second one is way more heavy smell. Not so much cherry but almost a greasy Indica phenotype.

Attachments

• CIMG0230.jpg
    CIMG0230.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 14
  • CIMG0252.jpg
    CIMG0252.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Latest posts