What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bombs....lighting the fuse!!

Cannastyle

Looking good in there, Keif!

I snagged a couple packs on the last drop...so I'll be watching closely!

Thanks for journaling these!

G

Hey, appreciate everyone's continued interest in my cherry bomb adventure. After 12 years growing, this is my first attempt to keep a log of events, and it's great to have an audience on board. My Cbombs have been in flower about 5 days now and the sexing shakes out like this:

#1 is a girl.......pictured earlier

#2 is a girl.......real surprise, Had it pegged for a boy

#3 is a boy......big stout dude

#4 little soon to call, but 90% sure it's a boy

picture.php

CB #2......Girl
picture.php

CB #2 close up

picture.php

CB #3.....Boy

picture.php

CB #3......top down angle

Would really like an opinion about whether the more wispy #2 girl should be used for a seed mom, considering the slight lanky structure. I really like the color and both her and the #3 boy has a very strong spicy/pepper funk that happens with a slight stem rub. Didn't really expect that from a sativa plant. Couldn't be happier about that!

Keif

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi keif, looking good.

if you are to make more CB seeds then my advice would be to use all the plants - presuming they dont herm or anything bad like that. you will keep more genetic diversity that way. there is nothing to stop you keeping the seed batches separate if you want.
also you may end up prefering the smoke of the lanky one... could have a more electric sativa high.
VG

Cool Moe

Veteran
^^^what he said. 2 on 2 is a good ratio and since it's already f22 or whatever then even with low numbers you should be able to make some nice replicas. Whatever you hit it with dust an extra branch for me! Man those things went into overdrive, #2 is a tropical beauty but so are the rest.

G

Thanks VG,

Definitely looking to make the most of this small group. Will keep a close watch out for anything unwanted from these. Can't imagine anything but good at this point but time will tell. My limited experience with Sativas has been with OH x sk1 and Satori neither had much early smell like these are dishing out this early.

MOE,

Thanks for stopping by, the #2 girl has features that sets it apart from the others. The other 3 are almost carbon copies of themselves, so I think it would be ideal to dust her a bit with the #3 boy. Would be great if they swapped the best with each other. I know it seldom works that way, but that's my hope.

KS

G

Howdy folks, wanted to update on progress with the Cherry Bomb grow at 20 days into flower.

CB #1......Girl- healthy and stout with thick stem. 2 ft height, untopped.

CB #2......Girl- topped due to height restrictions. Lanky sativa structure, very different from her #1 sister. Lots of bud sites after topping, still showing red stems.

CB #3......Boy- looked a great deal like #1 girl in overall structure. Was making huge amounts of pollen sacs and I was excited about the potenial waiting to be shared with the 2 girls. Was disappointed to find pistils sprouting from several ball clusters 2 days ago. I know there is differing opinions about the value of a reverse hermie, but will not be keeping this one.

CB #4......Boy- checked this one very closely and do not see any signs of pistils anywhere on this plant. Doesn't have the heavy frame like #3, but is healthy and will probably use to make some beans with the two girls.

Still enjoying the learning experience with a new strain and looking forward to what I get from the small grow now underway. I'm pretty sure I will be working another round of CBs in greater numbers after these and hopefully see the best of what this strain has to offer.

picture.php

CB #1... girl

picture.php

CB #2...girl

picture.php

CB #3......Began as a boy, but went tranny. Gone!

picture.php

CB #4.....Hope it stays a boy and drops dust for the girls!

picture.php

CB #4....Showing promise

Hope everyone has great holidays and will update in the new year.

KS

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great keif. shame about the intersex one but the other male looks good, and you have two nice different female phenos. you should defo dust a few lower buds on the two girls and make yourself a handful of seeds. good to keep some of these rare genetics and you'll find that they are great seeds to trade for other strains with your friends ;)

VG

G

looking great keif. shame about the intersex one but the other male looks good, and you have two nice different female phenos. you should defo dust a few lower buds on the two girls and make yourself a handful of seeds. good to keep some of these rare genetics and you'll find that they are great seeds to trade for other strains with your friends ;)

VG

Hey VG,

Definetly plan to use the remaining CB boy on both these girls. No big deal about the #3 boy throwing a curve on this first round. Really just testing the waters with these 4, have the other half pack to start the upcoming year and will have access to more. Plan to run these in greater numbers throughout next year, think they deserve the time and patience. Will be especially careful to keep seperate the beans made from each girl, given the pheno difference.

thanks, KS

Cool Moe

Veteran
Nice work Keif, looking forward to watching these two girls finish. Thanks for posting up pics. You might wanna pipe in some luau music and make em feel right at home.

Happy New Year bro and same to everyone whose world is made better by VerdantGreen, hope the holidays are good to you and yours. Good luck with your projects in 2015!

G

Coolmoe ........i'd gladly bring in hula skirt cuties playing ukuleles if it will inspire. Can't wait to see what the next few weeks will bring. Yeah, none of this would be possible without VG and his efforts to keep this one around for all to work with. Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back for persistence in getting your hands around these beauties in the first place

Chuck.........thanks for your interest in this project. As mentioned earlier, this is a first round grow to learn the plant and not make mistakes in a larger second round. Really helps knowing I have lots of horsepower in the experience you guys represent if things go south at some point. Gonna be an interesting year no doubt, appreciate you looking in occasionally.

Keif

G

Cherry Bomb update

Cherry Bomb update

Hey folks, hope everyone had a great holiday season and made it thru to the New Year. Travel away from home mean't my girls had to run on cruise control for about 2 weeks, but survived mostly none the worse for my absense. Have timers and pumps to keep the pots watered and it worked fine for that purpose. Only unexpected event was a very cold snap with temps dropping to -14, with extra low humidity. Normally I could add heat and humidifier to counter those conditions, but neither could run while away. Fan leaves were a little crispy on a couple of Casey Jones that are nearing the finish line, but the Cherry Bomb girl didn't even appear to notice. Probably just slowed them down a little, didn't mind that at all. CBs are at 30 days flower and both have probably finished most of their stretch, I would imagine.

CB #1...... is untopped and measures 28 in. tall, very thick stem. Has much less side branching than I would have expected. Quite a bite more of a column shape. forming what appears will be a heavy main cola with the long and fat spikey pistils. You might mistake this girl for a pure indica strain, just on structure and bud appearance. I think the yeild from this girl might be a pleasant surprise.

CB #2......Had to top her or it would have been into the lights while I was gone! She appears to be responding very well to the topping with lower branches bending up and forming a fairly even canopy, really seems to have limited the spread outward, redirected up. about 30 in tall, topped at the 8th node. Like #1, she also has a thick main stem, still showing more red color than #1 and looks much more like the shape of a classic sativa.

I dusted lower branches on both these girls yesterday and I can already see the schriveling effects on the blooms that tell me it was probably good stuff. Both plants are showing trichs on the sugar leaves, and a rub delivers a nice, but nondescript smell that reminds me of some OH x SK1 that I've grown in the past. All in all things are going well at the first 3rd of the flower with these CB girls. A real joy to run plants with this much vigor, and so trouble free.

picture.php

CB #1

picture.php

CB#2

picture.php

CB#1..... budshot

picture.php

CB #1.....top main cola

Can't wait to get more of these started. Can see a very cherry 2015 ahead of me!!

KS

seymourbud

Interesting for sure, as I currently have a CB in flower at day 29. My CB has a slight tinge of pink on the pistils for most of the upper buds. No discernible smell, but boy does she stretch. The first one of these CB's went 70 days from pistils. She clones very easily. Ben a joy to grow so far.

G

mr gt,

Appreciate your keeping an eye on things with this grow. Feel free to throw in any thoughts or ways to improve going forward.

KS

G

Interesting for sure, as I currently have a CB in flower at day 29. My CB has a slight tinge of pink on the pistils for most of the upper buds. No discernible smell, but boy does she stretch. The first one of these CB's went 70 days from pistils. She clones very easily. Ben a joy to grow so far.

Hey seymour,

sounds like we're running pretty close together with our flower time on these. Might benefit us both to be able to compare notes at some point. Hope at least one of mine, if not both, will show color and smell that will demonstate what these can be at their best. Should be able to tell more about cherry bomb smell next week after my 2 Casey Jones are finished and out of the room. One of my CJ plants is utterly reeking of diesel, and is overpowering everything!

KS

Last edited:

mr. gt

wish I could chime in more. first thought is.. where are all your clones of them!? Would be nice to see them on the bay..