What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bombs....lighting the fuse!!

G

wish I could chime in more. first thought is.. where are all your clones of them!? Would be nice to see them on the bay..

Timing on this round didn't allow for cuts. Still have more of VG's beans and should have a load of my own to look thru from these two phenos during the year.

KS

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Nice looking plants Keif! Thanks for sharing :tiphat:

Just popped some testers of OG Kush Abusive x Cherry Bomb from VG so you are gonna see me pop in your thread frequently for sure. Good vibes on the grow :joint:

G

Hey Folks, thanks for the messages. This was my first go with this stain and I had good luck early on, but things went a bit downhill about mid way thru flower. I was able to finish CB #1 and is a couple of days from chop. I had lots of problems with my setup in the flower room and probably shouldn't have tried these at this time of year. I usually don't grow, (flower) during Dec, Jan and Feb due to low humidity and cold, but was excited to see what the Cherry Bombs were all about, but should have waited. Had lots of other things going on that distracted my attention and failed to notice problems that developed with the second plant, actually pulled the plug on her early, I think more out of frustration than anything else.

picture.php

Both these plants seemed to be a lot more sensitive to dry climate than anything else i've grown. My set up just isn't able to cope with low humidity but it will soon be rising here as springtime arrives. Fan leaves really dried and turned brown early and I also had an infestation of thrips that I failed to notice until damage was done.

Looking forward to round 2, already underway. Also have some other great crosses I'll be running alongside the Cherry Bombs. When warm weather arrives, I plan a larger grow with just Cherry Bombs. Think they will be much better in Summer.

The good news is, I have already started 3 more and I did make some beans with this girl that I will be running during the upcoming year. I sampled a few buds of this plant pictured and it has a really potent happy, happy and long lasting high, much better than I expected from a plant grown under such unfavorable conditions. I'm still very excited to work with this strain in the upcoming year and feel sure the next round will be much improved.

picture.php

KS

G

Nice looking plants Keif! Thanks for sharing :tiphat:

Just popped some testers of OG Kush Abusive x Cherry Bomb from VG so you are gonna see me pop in your thread frequently for sure. Good vibes on the grow :joint:

Hey thanks for the good vibes, same for you with the cross you have started, sounds like sure fire.

Didn't have the best results from my first round as hoped, but all my fault, really just a test run trying to learn a new strain that may be a bit more challenging than I expected.

KS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this cherry bomb from bomb seeds?

NO, Bomb seeds just decided to use the name Cherry Bomb for a cross they made, it has nothing to do with mr Greengenes original cherry bomb. i emailed them to tell them the name had already been used but they did not reply.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kief, thanks for the update, the buds look pretty good despite your problems, glad you like the high, yeah old school grinning happy high :)
glad you made some seeds and are running some more.

low humidity can often be a problem in winter, as the temps hit zero outside the humidity oviously goes to zero as well, so even when warmed up you are pumping very dry air into the grow.

keep us posted on the new ones

VG

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Looks tasty regardless of grow issues!...just loving the sound of the stone....cant wait to start mine...hopefully this year.HH. =]-~

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Thanks for documenting your journey, Keif. Enjoyed the ride, hope you have even better results with the new ladies.

For what it's worth, I think you're being slightly hard on yourself. You did a great job. I'm sure VG enjoyed the show, too.

Blessed vibes.

G

Cherry Bomb update

Cherry Bomb update

Hello everyone,

Finally taking time to update my Cherry Bomb grow. Been busy with several projects plus battling the elements during a rough winter. My #1 Cherry Bomb plant turned out a dude and has been dismissed from the grow. The other 2 are healthy girls and are into the 3rd week of flower. This 2nd round with the CBs has turned out much like the first at this point. Cool temps have hindered the rate of growth, but thing are warming here, much more favorable conditions going forward. I have some pollen supplied from a trusted source that I will be dusting branches soon for F2 that I hope to use for upcoming larger CB grows. A few pics showing what I have to date:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks like again as with the 1st grow, CB #2 appears a bit more Sativa than the shorter stout indica structured growth on #3. CB #2 is about 14" height and #3 stands about 10" tall. These were vegged about a month and are at 18 days since flip. The Cherry Bombs do seem to grow slow for me. Like the first grow, it looks like I have different phenos to work with, very pleased about that. Bottom pic shows some new wall covering upgrade using 'reflectix' material that should improve things in the flower room.

Appreciate everyone's messages and words of support. Will try to be more attentive with updates going forward. Still expecting great things from this project, I probably should have waited til better conditions were in place with weather and my set up before starting the Cherry Bombs, but everything is looking up now.

Keif

G

The gals look happy! :tiphat:

Thanks UR190, they're bound to be happier now that the temps outside are rising and not chilling them every nite with lights out. I run a small heater to try and keep temps up, but it's hard to do and exchange air at necessary rate.

hoss1111

Lookin good buddy. Look forward to your updates:)

Grow box looks great! I did flat white paint ,yours looks more professional. Like nasa space station :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great! the broadleaf one is one of the most indica leaning CB's that ive seen.

VG

G

looking great! the broadleaf one is one of the most indica leaning CB's that ive seen.

VG

Hi VG,

Thanks for stopping by, I kinda wondered if the leaf size and shape was unusual for this strain. It also has a thicker main stem than either plant from the last grow. The depth of serrations on the leaves look like saw blades and could rip lumber! The male CB that produced the pollen that will be used to make seeds, was not from the same pack as these, but was from the 2nd pack of the same order. Didn't run the donor boy myself, but understand it was a great looking specimen. Can't wait to see what these 2 make, also the 2nd CB will be dusted. That one's no slouch itself!

thanks, Keif

G

Lookin good buddy. Look forward to your updates:)

Grow box looks great! I did flat white paint ,yours looks more professional. Like nasa space station :)

Thanks hoss,

I built this room over 12 years ago and has worked pretty well for a small grower like myself. It measures about 4x4 ft by 6ft height. My home has an unfinished basement under a portion and a crawl space under the rest. To make the room as stealthy as possible I dug out under the crawlspace portion, 4x4x4 and removed the dirt in 5 gal buckets, 1 at a time. Turned out pretty well, lots of work though. I have since built a smaller veg room that's seperate and now I have an easier time cloning and starting plants.

Keif