What's new

cherry bomb in the south east

mexicani-ar

That is great news Coughie and Dawn Patrol , looking forward to hearing more about this strain, what happened to the pictures in this thread?

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
That is great news Coughie and Dawn Patrol , looking forward to hearing more about this strain, what happened to the pictures in this thread?

OP got spooked and deleted his pics and account.

Don't let that discourage you from trying this strain, I think he did an awesome job with this one and unless you're growing in a seriously height constrained location, you should get a decent result.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally Posted by bugman52 View Post
alot of reading ,i dont know why i dident find thes thread earler[i know why u r a stoner] better late than never.

Whoo, I guess I'm the latest stoner in the crew around here! That was a really fun and amazingly encouraging thread to read, thank you all for your contributions! I wish I could have seen OP's pics before they took 'em. I ran CB outdoors here in SoCal in '99, so I knew it would work at this latitude, but I've always been curious to see it grown farther south.

Here's a pic of a CB plant I grew from seeds I got from Swami. I didn't have a pure CB plant in my garden for years, I was really happy with the work GAS did on the strain! Check out those red pistils.
picture.php

Here's a pic of me and some CB in a friends yard this year.

picture.php

Mystic Funk

Whoo, I guess I'm the latest stoner in the crew around here! That was a really fun and amazingly encouraging thread to read, thank you all for your contributions! I wish I could have seen OP's pics before they took 'em. I ran CB outdoors here in SoCal in '99, so I knew it would work at this latitude, but I've always been curious to see it grown farther south.

Here's a pic of a CB plant I grew from seeds I got from Swami. I didn't have a pure CB plant in my garden for years, I was really happy with the work GAS did on the strain! Check out those red pistils.
View Image

Here's a pic of me and some CB in a friends yard this year.

View Image

The cherry bomb is a great line and I have found that the pink pistil trait breeds true and can be found easily in the hybrid offspring.

I wish you could have seen the pics the OP put up. He did an amazing job with the cherry bomb and the plants were huge!

Anyway, thank you Mr Greengenes for working the Cherry Bomb and putting it out there for all of us to enjoy. I have spread this line far and wide. It now lives on every major continent. So there's little chance of it dying.

Peace
Mystic

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have spread this line far and wide. It now lives on every major continent. So there's little chance of it dying.

That is just some of the best news I've heard in a looooooooong time Mystic Funk, I'll be flying high for weeks on your words!

^^^ I have some.

Very cool troutman, I hope you enjoy!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Verdant is dropping some Digiberry F2s at Real Gorilla Seeds very soon, and I was perusing his offerings when the Abusive OG x CB caught my eye.

So I added a couple packs to my cart while I hammer F5 waiting for the Digiberry to get listed.

I'm hoping to find a really good tasting and potent cherry plant.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the Abusive OG x CB

I haven't worked with the Abusive, but I've heard from other breeders that using a male CB to go into another strain works well, so this should be a great cross. I'm assuming VG uses the same naming scheme I do and puts the lady first, male second.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Some CB's in a friends backyard somewhere in Los Angeles. They're swiftly running out of space! I've been applying PJJ (plant Jiu Jitsu) like crazy so they're nice and low, but they seem to double in size each week so we're clearly in trouble.

picture.php

I'm not doing an obscure Chinese 'internal' martial art in this picture, just applying a bit of PJJ! Oh yeah, and hi to all my 'Masshole' friends, represent.

dugzy

Sweet bit of landscaping there, they are a couple of beauties.

Nice poise but 'mind the gap'! (as they say on the tube trains here)

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'mind the gap'! (as they say on the tube trains here)

haha, I'm guessing you're over the pond? When I lived in NYC they said, "please stand clear of the closing door!"

Thanks for your kind words dugzy!

dugzy

I am indeed, altho it's LA type weather at the mo!

Appreciate your work and postings with the Cherry Bomb, some lovely stuff

WelderDan

Veteran
Ya know, the first time I ran CB, I got 9 females and a dud, so I ended up grossing it to a C99 male. The results were a mostly CB plant with a bit better trichome coverage and a slightly shorter flower time. Traits tended to be more CB leaning with a a nice Cherry flavor that eventually cured to a more pineapple flavor. I've only ever had one male, and he was crossed into a Kali mist x CB/Burmese plant. I wanted to work toward a mostly CB plant with a bit more kick. I did cross the kali x cb/burmese to a CB male, and still have both (Kali x cb/burmese) x CB seeds and CB seeds. I'm trying to squeeze in that project, but I've got so much other stuff going on. Eventually, I'll pick that back up. I've been playing with CB since the Overgrow days when I first discovered CB. Still one of my faves.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya know, the first time I ran CB, I got 9 females and a dud, so I ended up grossing it to a C99 male. The results were a mostly CB plant with a bit better trichome coverage and a slightly shorter flower time. Traits tended to be more CB leaning with a a nice Cherry flavor that eventually cured to a more pineapple flavor. I've only ever had one male, and he was crossed into a Kali mist x CB/Burmese plant. I wanted to work toward a mostly CB plant with a bit more kick. I did cross the kali x cb/burmese to a CB male, and still have both (Kali x cb/burmese) x CB seeds and CB seeds. I'm trying to squeeze in that project, but I've got so much other stuff going on. Eventually, I'll pick that back up. I've been playing with CB since the Overgrow days when I first discovered CB. Still one of my faves.

Hi WelderDan! Thanks so much for dropping in. I'm sure that CB x C99 is amazing, I hope I get to try it someday. I can't express the feelings I get knowing that CB is in the hands of capable people like yourself. It's an odd mixture of pride and extreme gratitude. BTW, you really know you've arrived as a breeder when you start saying stuff like, "I'm trying to squeeze that project in, but I've got so much other stuff going on". I hear you on that brother!

WelderDan

Veteran
Hi WelderDan! Thanks so much for dropping in. I'm sure that CB x C99 is amazing, I hope I get to try it someday. I can't express the feelings I get knowing that CB is in the hands of capable people like yourself. It's an odd mixture of pride and extreme gratitude. BTW, you really know you've arrived as a breeder when you start saying stuff like, "I'm trying to squeeze that project in, but I've got so much other stuff going on". I hear you on that brother!

It's too bad the OP got spooked and deleted all his pics. You would have been impressed by the monster plant he produced. He did a lot of LST during veg and when it stretched during flower he had multiple 12+ foot colas. Hell, I got 8 oz off one indoor plant. I suspect he got 5+ lbs off that one plant, likely more like 8-10. It was a beast.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I know OP, I'll see if he still has those pics and wants to throw them up again.