What's new

Chem's Afghani Flowering Diary

Chem&M

Hello IC!

I just wanted to share my current Afghani lady with you guys. Today is the first day of the 5th week of 12/12.

There was a big group of these, but most were male. Of the remaing females, this was the only one who didn't hermie. She was cloned before flower though.

She has been on a diet of Fox Farm and is currently getting Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Cha-Ching. I am also supplementing with Cal/mag and Blackstrap with every water. She is in Botanicare coco and get's fed every day, twice a day.

PH: 5.9

EC: 2.3

Unfortunately, I found out that I have to go out of town on for the second week of March. My other ladies are on wick systems, but this gal has to be done by then. I figure I'll chop the day before and let her dry while I'm gone.

If it's really looking like she won't be ready, I am going to switch the light cycle to 14 hrs dark to speed it up a bit.

Comments, suggestion and all that welcomed and wanted. I will be updating this through the flowering from here on out.

:smokeit:

Chem&M

Here's a few more quick ones. I miscounted too. I have 5 weeks, not 4, until I leave.

She smells like pineapple and warm garbage.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Chem&M

Slight discoloration in the lower fan leaves. Appears to be early signs of Mg deficiency to me. This could be due to a few different reasons: EC too high; pH drops too low; watering too frequently; excess of nitrogen and calcium. I would suggest watering with 1-2 teaspoons of epsom salt per gallon and maybe let her dry a little more in between watering. I'm not positive, but I think your plant would benefit from this. It really wouldn't hurt to try because pot uses a lot of Mg. Just keep an eye on it.

Other than that... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Thanks Chimney!

Actually, I had a mg deficiency about 10 days ago and that was as good as it fixed the discolored leaves. I caught it early with the help of friends. I have been watering once at lights on and once at lights off the last 10 days too. Now that it's back to where it is suppose to be, I'm going to go back to 1 feeding a day.

My problem was that I transplanted it into a larger container about 2 weeks into flower. I had misjudged the room in it's other, so the new coco took it's toll. I have been trying to compensate with extra Cal/Mg and it's been fine.

Also, the medium is a 65/35 mix of coco/hydroton with a couple inches of straight hydroton on the bottom.

That 3rd pic I posted today is my favorite. Looks like sugar!

Chem&M

Ahh got a little saucy on the transplant, icic, it happens. That explains why the new growth looks so DANK! I was confused about that :p

600w hps? Just guessing.

Again, bud sites are looking great, good structure, will be good smoke for sure. That hydroton is good stuff. Just make sure you cut back on the N and let the pH creep up no higher than 6.5 as she finishes.

:dance013:

Actually, it's a 400 watt HPS switchable in a 400 MH ballast. Thanks for that advice on the N. I'm hoping to kind of level off now. I've been pushing her pretty hard for the last week.

*mistress*

Veteran
:lurk:
maybe done in 4 more weeks, maybe not...

if not done, just place under veg lights, or 24/0, when leave & when return, plant may be vine-ripened...

:yes: to cut down watering to 1/day... looks maybe 2-3 gal container? should be lots of moisture in middle of bag for 24hrs...

enjoy your garden!

Chem&M

:lurk:
maybe done in 4 more weeks, maybe not...

if not done, just place under veg lights, or 24/0, when leave & when return, plant may be vine-ripened...

:yes: to cut down watering to 1/day... looks maybe 2-3 gal container? should be lots of moisture in middle of bag for 24hrs...

enjoy your garden!

Thanks Mistress! It's a 2 gallon grow bag. I've been pushing her due to an initially substandard feeding schedule. I think she's made up for it now, so back to the one a day feeding.

I had no idea about the "vine-ripening" idea.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Looks nice. Not often you see someone running a straight Afghani.

Is it Sensi's?

Chem&M

Looks nice. Not often you see someone running a straight Afghani.

Is it Sensi's?

I'm not sure actually. It was from a friend that I trusted, so I didn't even question it. I don't know that it's Sensi's though since he seemed surprised at the result (in a good way). He'd never run the beans, just held them and passed some along.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Lookin good man....should be some solid buds by the time they finish up! Love the description of the smell lol....;)

Chem&M

Here's today's shots. Day 35ish. Not exactly positive, which I think is a good thing.

The pineapple/rotting fruit smell is heavy and thick.

Enjoy!
:shooty: