What's new

Chemmy Jones and Casey Jones

D

DirkDiggla

Loving these two strains not only are they amongst the biggest yielders there also two of the strongest. Two and a half weeks flower will put more pics up as they progress.

Attachments

• chj.jpg
    chj.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 20
  • casej.jpg
    casej.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 22

the gnome

Veteran
looking very good DD
the one on the left looks like a bumper crop is coming :smoke:
I just put chemmy jones into water friday, sat morning i had tails on all 4!
looks to be a pretty vigorous strain.
I'll be dropping in to see yours :)

D

DirkDiggla

Chemmy Jones is the one on the left the Casey on the right is a reveg more stretchy this time. You can see both Chemdog and Casey in the Chemmy Jones a real good mixture.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
ive got some chemmy seeds i need to get going. about how long do they go for on average? i was thinking 9-10ish?

thcglory

Yea grown hydro 9-10 wk ish DH.

Lovely colour from those leds buff.Ive heard some [none] cannabis plants benefit big time and some really dont from leds
i.e really retarded growth! Is this the same with certain strains? I suppose time will tell.Doubtfull though i expect.looking at them cannabis

Glad to have the Chemmyjones back. [true's]

;)

thcglory

[chancellor] Purple kush @ 4 weeks 3days.

[chancellor] Purple kush @ 4 weeks 3days.

I know you ll be interested in this buff [dirk]
sure this is gonna be my new fave.Gorgeous,smells like a fruity sensistar,chemmy jones ish with classic ogkush pine after taste.imo ;)

Quick pics.

D

DirkDiggla

Using 600w and 900w ones. Though its a bit of a cheat really as in reality the 3w cree leds only run at approx 2.1w. Still though no heat better spectrum. Dont go for all this 180w led is equal to 600w hid. I just match em watt for watt. Personally I like the 600w led ones as I've had a bit of bleaching directly under the 900w one.
Found the Chemmy Jones goes a bit longer than 9 to ten weeks this one closer to eleven.

D

DirkDiggla

Chemmy Jones all completed keeled over at four and half weeks. Some tying up to do.

Attachments

• 20121105_140922.jpg
    20121105_140922.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 16

SupaFunk

Veteran
Interesting stuff Dirk. I have a mate running 2 x 300w at the moment. I have to say, his yields have been on par with HPS, and like you said, heat is not an issue at all.

BigPhil

Veteran
Hiya Dirk very nice man cant wait to see how they turn out for you. Id like to know more about the the leds, I see you say match it for Watts with a HPS, I normaly grow 4 or 5 under one 600 light. Does the light from the LED not cover as much space? I can LED's having a slight advantage maybe over HPS if yeild is the same, Is running cost's cheaper? If so much cheaper or only slightly?

Cheers man Phill

D

DirkDiggla

Hi BigPhil. I would swap a 600w HPS for a 600W Led light with 3w Cree bulbs. It would be perfect for 4 or 5 plants. Coverage depends on the angle of reflectors on the LEDs. A mixture of 60 90 and 120 degrees reflectors is best. I bought a light with only 60 degree reflectors and light coverage was a bit too focused. Dont know about saving on running costs never noticed to be honest but LEDs are only running at 2.1w so it will only be drawing 420w at source. Virtually no heat, you can touch the glass plus the correct spectrum, light looks purple. One minor set back over winter is you may need additional heating but their lifesavers over the hot summer months. I'd say yield is a bit better with the equivalent LED,s and certainly a lot healthier.

Harry Lime

Veteran
Dirk, will ya give us the full low down on yer leds - brand, colour combination. angles ect?

led seems like a mine field atm, especially in the uk