What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHEM D - Fake or Real?

Desert Dan

Veteran
According to chemdog it is the real d. Maybe you should inform phinest and chemdog himself of your opinion and see what they say. Just because you like other strains more means nothing. I ran the GG4 for many years and it was fantastic probably in my top five. Anyway glad to hear you have strains you like better. I thought folks would be interested to hear that chemdog vouched for the phinest cut. Mine will be down inside of 3 weeks- I have yet to smoke this particular plant- I did not have room to propagate it until this run so it is still new to me and I'm really looking forward to it.
All I can say is run them side by side and decide for yourself... It’s a great plant no matter what.

-DD

MIGreenman

I think the Phinest chem is a chem d s1 aka sis aka Bundy
If it's an s1 then they apparently nailed it. Bundy. Lol
Okay y'all. I'll be reporting back. Have not posted much this year so wanted to sound off I guess. I have a Lions game to watch.

MIGreenman

If you don’t know who Bundy is maybe I should be laughing?
Maybe you should I don't know. I'm familiar with the killer Bundy and Al Bundy and the Bundy strain from cannarado which is an ice cream cake hybrid. Never tried it but sounds like good stuff. I prefer sativa dominant hybrids myself. When I asked uncle Google about Bundy the description sounds very multi-indica polyhybrid.

MIGreenman

1000003895.jpg

Sitting at 8 weeks today. The swell is on. Looks like another 10 days or so. Stoked

MIGreenman

Reading back over this thread Desert Dan is like 2 years ahead of me. I did a double take when I looked at the date on this. I hope I like the phinest cut as well as he did. Unfortunately I missed the gmo cuts when they were the hottest thing about 5 years ago. Lol. Cutting the chemd Friday so I'll keep you posted. Mine have a fair amount of nanners which is disappointing. I have not been easy on them.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Reading back over this thread Desert Dan is like 2 years ahead of me. I did a double take when I looked at the date on this. I hope I like the phinest cut as well as he did. Unfortunately I missed the gmo cuts when they were the hottest thing about 5 years ago. Lol. Cutting the chemd Friday so I'll keep you posted. Mine have a fair amount of nanners which is disappointing. I have not been easy on them.
It’s a great plant either way brotha… Remember the experience gained on the journey is more valuable than the destination!

I found the real Chem D threw male flowers no matter what, whereas the Phinest stayed pretty if I treated her like a lady. Hopefully her pollen is sterile…

Luckily you shouldn’t need to drive cross country to get a cut of GMO.

-DD

MIGreenman

It’s a great plant either way brotha… Remember the experience gained on the journey is more valuable than the destination!

I found the real Chem D threw male flowers no matter what, whereas the Phinest stayed pretty if I treated her like a lady. Hopefully her pollen is sterile…

Luckily you shouldn’t need to drive cross country to get a cut of GMO.

-DD
1000003909.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the exact same bud I took a picture of February 3rd . I'm really picky about nanners because of course they make people nervous but they all seem like dry straw when I pluck them off. I think if it were a problem then this plant would not be so widely distributed throughout California and beyond .
Yeah I was just lucky enough to be out west in June. I flew out and drove a car home so I was able to bring a few cuttings back. Two were the tissue culture things from phinest.
So in all good faith I just can't cut this thing down tomorrow. It'll be 70 days on Saturday and it's having a robust reflowering since I started cutting the lights back just a little bit to help it finish. it is literally getting bigger every day and I know you all have seen that stage. So maybe Sunday Monday. I don't want it to rot so I am eager to cut it down. The weight and bulk are really impressive. Clearly a commercial plant.

Last edited:

MIGreenman

Hey there hope everyone is well. My four chemd came down a few days after my last post. They yielded well and it is a solid heavy hitter. Good potency. Scary for my friends who don't smoke that much. Lol definitely going to keep it around.

The GG4 f1 cross I grew had beautiful variegated leaves. I assume from the chem sis? It was a very well fed plant with no real deficiency at all throughout the grow. It didnt matter if it was veg or flower, there always seemed to be at least one variegated leaf growing. GG4 x Redhot cookies

Attachments

• 20230916_182739.jpg
    20230916_182739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts