What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHEM D - Fake or Real?

If you can get rid of this variegation with cal mag, youre a better grower than me. ChemD always looks like this for me, been running it for years. I’ve heard the cal mag deficiency rumors, so I’ve pumped the cal mag to 11, and it doesn’t get rid of the variegation.

Chem D looks deformed, ancient and like it’s make of lizard skin. If your ChemD has shiny leaves, it’s not the original.

Pretty sure the calmag thing is a joke. I got rid of it with Boron. Gets rid of the crinkled wrinkled ribbed leather look in the glossy non variegated plants. Then I added potassium, to recover from excess boron, and it came back.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Just a key note to take down for you guys... If you have a chem d cut and can't get rid of or stop the variegation, it's not the real D. The real D will not variegate at all if shes happy and it don't take a whole lot to make her happy. You should also see a lot of nanners start popping out on the flowers starting in early flower till mid flower. At that point, they will slow down but will still be present. It's VERY hard to tell if someone has the real D or not just by photos.

This is the real D at day 58...

20230417_224942.jpg
20230417_224908.jpg
20230417_224928.jpg

20230417_224920.jpg

20230417_224858.jpg

Attachments

• 20230417_224917.jpg
    20230417_224917.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Just a key note to take down for you guys... If you have a chem d cut and can't get rid of or stop the variegation, it's not the real D. The real D will not really variegate at all if shes happy and it don't take a whole lot to make her happy. You should also see a lot of nanners start popping out on the flowers starting in early flower till mid flower. At that point, they will slow down but will still be present. It's VERY hard to tell if someone has the real D or not just by photos.

View attachment 18834417 View attachment 18834418 View attachment 18834419
View attachment 18834424

View attachment 18834425
That’s another reason I kept the Chem Phinest over the D… I don’t like all the bananas. Even if I don’t notice them in the grow, I do in the jar.

Chem Phinest had a better nose, flavor, and buzz “For Me.”

-DD

ICGA

Just a key note to take down for you guys... If you have a chem d cut and can't get rid of or stop the variegation, it's not the real D. The real D will not variegate at all if shes happy and it don't take a whole lot to make her happy. You should also see a lot of nanners start popping out on the flowers starting in early flower till mid flower. At that point, they will slow down but will still be present. It's VERY hard to tell if someone has the real D or not just by photos.

View attachment 18834417 View attachment 18834418 View attachment 18834419
View attachment 18834424

View attachment 18834425
So your saying it throws nanners every time or just often? Also are they sterile or are they producing seed?

ICGA

Pretty sure the calmag thing is a joke. I got rid of it with Boron. Gets rid of the crinkled wrinkled ribbed leather look in the glossy non variegated plants. Then I added potassium, to recover from excess boron, and it came back.
Those half yellow verigations are text book boron deficiency the canna bibble shows pics of it.

Redrum92

What source of Boron do you use?

I believe the CalMag thing works in synergy with boron, so you can get away with pushing heavily on one side of the equation for a while, but will get problems at extremes. Just a barely educated guess at why adding boron and calmag is much better than just loads of calmag.

ICGA

So next time add .75% of the boron you used last time, then add .50% of the potassium if it seems like excessive boron still. Use titration until you dile in your boron levels. Also use a medium with higher CEC and bind some kind of boron containing molecules into the cations so the plant can harvest them at will. That is how I would do it personally. Playing God is for fools.

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
At the end of the day all of the Chems I ran are great… personally I prefer the GMO over the ChemD or Chem Phinest.

The Chem 91 and Chem 4 are very different from the others. The 91 grows like a stockier OG with a loud fumey onion fuel. The 4 has a hazy thing going on in the background and wants to go 11-12 weeks.

Ended up only keeping the 91, but all are worthy.

-DD

At the end of the day all of the Chems I ran are great… personally I prefer the GMO over the ChemD or Chem Phinest.

The Chem 91 and Chem 4 are very different from the others. The 91 grows like a stockier OG with a loud fumey onion fuel. The 4 has a hazy thing going on in the background and wants to go 11-12 weeks.

Ended up only keeping the 91, but all are worthy.

-DD
How was the smell on the Chem D

Kid Twist

thats the chem d killabeez, she will get the varigation a little if unhappy but not like alot of the pictures in this thread. her branches are very weak and she produces decent size top colas that fall all over. shes has the 4 blades once topped without the back blades they all kind of point forward. we have had the cut since 2008. it produces powerful smoke the bunds smell like burnt rubber/rotten meat with a skunkiness. depending how shes is grow you get more of either one. she will always throw bananas but they are sterlie

MIGreenman

1000003771.jpg

Hey everybody happy new year. Last June when I was in northern California I drove a car back across the country to Michigan and picked up a couple of clones from phinest. This is the chem d at 8 weeks. According to phinest IG page looking back to find chem d pictures and posts I see someone asking in the comments if this is the real deal cut and the folks at phinest replied said yes it is verified by the man himself. They then included a link to chemdogs IG page. I hope that settles the speculation once and for all. This biggest tops are effing enormous almost as big around as a Red Bull can. I'll post a follow-up after it comes down in a few weeks. Stay frosty my friends.

Last edited:

MIGreenman

View attachment 18951561
Hey everybody happy new year. Last June when I was in northern California I drove a car back across the country to Michigan and picked up a couple of clones from phinest. This is the chem d at 8 weeks. According to phinest IG page looking back to find chem d pictures and posts I see someone asking in the comments if this is the real deal cut and the folks at phinest replied said yes it is verified by the man himself. They then included a link to chemdogs IG page. I hope that settles the speculation once and for all. This thing is effing enormous almost as big around as a Red Bull can. I'll post a follow-up after it comes down in a few weeks. Stay frosty my friends.
And yes. Mine does indeed have moderate variegation and I saw a few nanners dry and sterile at the tips of some buds starting about week 7. No pollen so let it roll baby.

Desert Dan

Veteran
View attachment 18951561
Hey everybody happy new year. Last June when I was in northern California I drove a car back across the country to Michigan and picked up a couple of clones from phinest. This is the chem d at 8 weeks. According to phinest IG page looking back to find chem d pictures and posts I see someone asking in the comments if this is the real deal cut and the folks at phinest replied said yes it is verified by the man himself. They then included a link to chemdogs IG page. I hope that settles the speculation once and for all. This thing is effing enormous almost as big around as a Red Bull can. I'll post a follow-up after it comes down in a few weeks. Stay frosty my friends.
But it’s NOT the Chem D… Don’t get me wrong, I liked the Phinest Chem better than the D and the 4. I like 91, GMO, GG4, and Giesel better than either of them. It’s just not the Chem D.

-DD

MIGreenman

But it’s NOT the Chem D… Don’t get me wrong, I liked the Phinest Chem better than the D and the 4. I like 91, GMO, GG4, and Giesel better than either of them. It’s just not the Chem D.

-DD
According to chemdog it is the real d. Maybe you should inform phinest and chemdog himself of your opinion and see what they say. Just because you like other strains more means nothing. I ran the GG4 for many years and it was fantastic probably in my top five. Anyway glad to hear you have strains you like better. I thought folks would be interested to hear that chemdog vouched for the phinest cut. Mine will be down inside of 3 weeks- I have yet to smoke this particular plant- I did not have room to propagate it until this run so it is still new to me and I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts