What's new

Chem D day 60.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Chunky monkey!

Guess you only really need the '91 cut and Chem4 cut to have yourself a 'Royal Chemmy Flush'!

Nice work Chaco. Always enjoy your threads/posts.

:)

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some chem D import from Colorado.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Do you see that slight (very slight!) yellow fringing along the blades...any idea what that is? I have added calcified seaweed to the medium for cal/mag. Maybe it needs these more instantly..? Epsom salts perhaps?

I'm growing in Canna Pro Plus with added perlite. To this I have added worm castings, blood fish and bone and calcified seaweed. This is my first attempt at a 'water only' mix...I just ph to 6.2 and add some seaweed extract. If she needs a boost later I've got pk13/14 to hand and will of course be using molasses!

Thus far she's a joy to grow. Loves topping, fans out beautifully, vigorous growth and very manageable stretch. Plus that TMV (or variegation ;)) looks very cool IMO.

Excited.

Just hope she will reveg...as I'm not set up for clones...yet!

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
my chem d sometimes gets the slight yellowing along the leaves in early flower.. All the other leaves look amazing, but just the newest growth has the yellow tips. I think its just a part of it growing so fast during the stretch phase... Ive always noticed those leaves look fine a week later, unable to tell there was ever any issue.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
SmokeTrees - Thanks for that. The leaves lower down look fine...so I don't think it's a lack of nutrients...I added some Epsom salts yesterday to the water...but not sure it's a calmag thing.

Just gonna hang fire for a day or two.

She sure does seem like a winning cut already though...and I'm convinced the TMV is actually common variegation...seen it practically on every DJ plant I've grown.

Chaco - how's yours doing..? Smoked it yet?

G

guest121295

Hummus, I just started smoking mine a few days ago.It came down around 66-67 days because I knocked it on it's head when my bench collapsed.Flowers were fine though, but the D landed right on my Larry and crushed that, then the haze fell over etc, etc...but yes I like the smoke quite a bit, smoking someone elses and smoking my own, handling it etc have been a diff experience but the D in my imagination looks and smells like the Sister and the ECSD collided.The buds look like sour but smell like chem.I have several oz's from the small plant I had, it'll be a pleasure smoking by the woodstove this winter...:)

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Chem D Day 14

Chem D Day 14

Here she is 14 days into 12/12.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Comparison to a week ago:

picture.php

picture.php

Gave her a feed and some epsom salts to supplement the Blood, fish and bone, castings and calcified seaweed.

PH'ed runoff = 6.5

We're all sweet.

Will just use water from now...think it just takes a wee while for the nutrients to be released.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
She's putting on the weight where it counts right now...!

Will post pics tomorrow hopefully.

Smell is a 50/50 mix of stale BBQ grill and male halitosis. Mmmmmm yummy!

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I did pretty good job with my 1st run of her :)

here she is at 64. gonna take her at 70. GO nutes with Big Swell

Rez I hope all is well. Thanks for sharing. :ying:

picture.php

picture.php