What's new

Chem #4 Pure Organics

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Madrus Rose, I haven't grown ECSD in a few months, but I'm getting the clone back this month. So, I haven't grown it in a couple months. There was an unfortunate labeling incident where Chem D cuts were labeled Sour Diesel... and so we went without for a couple months. No big deal. :) Absence makes the heart grown fonder. ;)

As for the SFV OG Kush... Yes, I grow her with a passion here. I can't imagine a single reason I'd ever stop growing SFV OGK. I'll post pics later, and maybe try to describe how I get 4-5 ounces from the SFV in 3 gallon pots, which hold only about 2.5 gallons of actual soil. I have NEVER seen SFV OGK yield low, ever, period.

T

tribeca

Great thread CC.I'll be waiting to see how you get her to yield well.I totally understand about the mislabeling incidents.I was suppose to have Masterkush and it turned out to be something totally different but everyone makes mistakes except the dead.Keep it coming CC!

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Got up this mourning rolled myself a 'hoot daddy of a hog Leger" of the Chem 4
And a half way through it i realise that this is some Great bud!!!!!!!

I'm not good with describing flavor's but it has a great taste ( waiting on the bacon/egg,biscuit/gravy,steak/potato, flavors ill know them).

This will be some great meds for me,It's seems to have relaxed my muscles
and that's always a plus in my back. Thanks Bro!!! :joint:

I'm hungry now look out Waffle House :abduct:

PeaceINH

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got up this mourning rolled myself a 'hoot daddy of a hog Leger" of the Chem 4
And a half way through it i realise that this is some Great bud!!!!!!!

I'm not good with describing flavor's but it has a great taste ( waiting on the bacon/egg,biscuit/gravy,steak/potato, flavors ill know them).

This will be some great meds for me,It's seems to have relaxed my muscles
and that's always a plus in my back. Thanks Bro!!! :joint:

I'm hungry now look out Waffle House :abduct:

PeaceINH

grrrr....MINE WONT VEG FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!....lol. Keep reading and lookin at u and CCs Chems patiently waiting for mine to veg out and gimme a few cuts to toss in the bloom room...eh, waiting is half the fun anyway!:yeahthats

good vibes

N

NOYB

As for the SFV OG Kush... Yes, I grow her with a passion here. I can't imagine a single reason I'd ever stop growing SFV OGK. I'll post pics later, and maybe try to describe how I get 4-5 ounces from the SFV in 3 gallon pots, which hold only about 2.5 gallons of actual soil. I have NEVER seen SFV OGK yield low, ever, period.
Very nice.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
lol WT yeah they never grow fast enough!!!

But this cut's worth the wait.

It will NEVER leave my grow,,,i hope

PeaceINH

Primprimo

I hear you ezra, I always thought it was a little crazy for a tobacco virus to be affecting cannabis. But something IS affecting the Chem D clone... whatever it is. The visrus alone isn't enough for me to stop growing it... I'm just moving on.

Hey CC, can it be passed down thru seed because some of my Chem D Bx1 shows the same half white/yellow leaves... only on some branches, some cuts more than others.. but it doesnt affect finished product tho...

Primo

J

JeffSpicoli

Primprimo, that looks like it to me.. You should post that pic in another topic in the "strains/hybrids" section.. Something like "need advice about my chem d clone with TMV"

there is a big discussion going on in a lot of threads about that leaf twist/curl / discoloration.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hey Primoprimo, is that a Rez bx? As if so I have a theory.

Firstly, I REALLY do not think that is TMV.

Second, I grew out the Mass super x Hindu. I had a plant that displayed the EXACT same variegation as your chem bx displays. Now the mass kush and Chem BX1 share lineage in the HK dad used to originally hit the Chem with. So, from my very basic, educated, deduction I would say its a recessive trait carried over from the Hindu. Just a theory tho guys.

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Primoprimo, is that a Rez bx? As if so I have a theory.

Firstly, I REALLY do not think that is TMV.

Second, I grew out the Mass super x Hindu. I had a plant that displayed the EXACT same variegation as your chem bx displays. Now the mass kush and Chem BX1 share lineage in the HK dad used to originally hit the Chem with. So, from my very basic, educated, deduction I would say its a recessive trait carried over from the Hindu. Just a theory tho guys.

hmmmmmmm:yeahthats I dig that one...
good vibes

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm NOT convinced 100% yet that it is a virus. Some folks are more than convinced, though, so I must keep an open mind. I'd figure we'd see the variegation on all leaves if it were a virus... Instead, it is prevalent on some branches, while not on others... This seems somewhat more like a case of genetic variegation.

In the nursery plant business, some of the famous variegated landscape plants were clones taken from variegated branches of normally NOT variegated plants. In other words... the plant is normal except for one branch that shows variegation... if you clone from that variegated branch, you get more variegated plants. This is true in the nursery business, this is probably the case in this business. A good experiment would be to only clone from Chem D branches that are not showing the variegation... It may well be that careful selection of unvariegated branches could lead to future clone generations with little or no variegation.

J

JeffSpicoli

I'm NOT convinced 100% yet that it is a virus. Some folks are more than convinced, though, so I must keep an open mind. I'd figure we'd see the variegation on all leaves if it were a virus... Instead, it is prevalent on some branches, while not on others... This seems somewhat more like a case of genetic variegation.

In the nursery plant business, some of the famous variegated landscape plants were clones taken from variegated branches of normally NOT variegated plants. In other words... the plant is normal except for one branch that shows variegation... if you clone from that variegated branch, you get more variegated plants. This is true in the nursery business, this is probably the case in this business. A good experiment would be to only clone from Chem D branches that are not showing the variegation... It may well be that careful selection of unvariegated branches could lead to future clone generations with little or no variegation.

omg thank you so much for posting this. I hope you dont mind me quoting this in another thread.. This makes the most sense of anything i have read about this subject of the variegation in chems/ogs.. but what about it spreading to other clones???

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well... All I can talk about is what I have experienced first-hand... I have never seen any spreading of this variegation from the Chem D clone to any other plants in my garden.

Maybe there is a virus out there, but I'm not convinced that the variegation on the Chem D has anything to do with a virus.

ograskal

Veteran
Awesome pics CC!!!..The Chem#4 is Dankity!.....About to pop some Alien #4 beans (Chem#4 x Alien Technology).....My Chem D is also fucked with the Virus or whatever it has....Gave it to my little homie to keep for backup and it spread to his KKSC, Romulan and another cut i forgot what it was..Its a nasty virus or whatever it is....I no longer keep the D with me anymore....~ogr

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Hi CC, how you doing? I'm taking down a #4 today. She's a sturdy plant at 78 days of flower. And wants to go as long as my Alpha Diesel and ssh. How do you figure? :confused:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, 1st off, have no experience w/ the Chemdog family and this virus, but variegation is fairly common in DJ Shorts gear.
I have an F13 clone that sports some variegation on one branch, not seen in the mom.
I put it down to environmental conditions. Was battling PM earlier, maybe a reaction to Greencure treatment? I don't know, but variegation in and by itself isn't anything to stress over. :2cents:

picture.php

Awesome show, as per usual, CC! :D

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well... okay... now we have ograskal with an experience of the variegation spreading... which just confuses me more about what this is. One thing is certain for me... I AM DONE with the CHEM D CLONE. Great pot, but the branches are too floppy, and the smell of the pot is so strong, it reduces security right up and down the line. Not to mention the TMV-like symptoms which may or may not be a communicable virus.

Heya, Smokey... Doing goo, you? The Chem #4 seems to want to continue flowering forever... She's pretty much done at around 70-75 days... but she acts like she wants to go 100! She's done on the inside... that's good enough. :)

Hiya, Highlighter. :) Nice to see you.

Last edited:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Hmmm, I have the same "tmv traits" on my plants(chem 4). Seems like they're very sensitive to light in some areas. I have them in coco on a 4x8 table, and the light poison doesn't effect the outer plants, only with ones directly under light..It's kind of weird...It doesn't effect potency/yield, but it dosn't look good either. Will show pix soon...

Op

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
....Well... One thing is certain for me... I AM DONE with the CHEM D CLONE. Great pot, but the branches are too floppy, and the smell of the pot is so strong, it reduces security right up and down the line.

sounds like its the end of a romance CC :)...im 110% happy to upgrade security for a wonderfully strong smell, but i can totaly understand your issue :)...

i would grow uncontrolably smelly pot :),,,,

Latest posts

Latest posts