What's new

Cheese (uk elite clone!)

Tokermon

DocLeaf said:
Yep,, best way to piss the neighbours right off. When growing n smoking cheese in the same vicinity ,, the only policy to logically adopt is 'f-them-all' . lol

Otherwise this strain could turn even the most hardcore grower into a complete nervous-wreck, with a tired neck. We NEVER use filters ,, just one reason we didn't bother keeping a mother/clone (after passing the genetics on) was the dank putrid smell that even veg. stock puts out :canabis:

Keep it cheesy all :joint:

where do you live then? not the uk t take it or are all your neighbours weed smokers or you just don't care about getting busted?
so this cheese stuff, does it have any hint of sweetness to it or is it just heavy smelling acrid skunk? the blues has a neavy smell but is sweet and doesn't smell of typical cannabis cuz of the sweet fruitiness i guess. is this cheese stuff on another level compared to blues?

Last edited:
G

holy shit ,u cant just say fuck it ,,loads of filters ,ozone and neutradol just about handle it ,people please take note ,it reeks

fake cut lol

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tokermon said:
where do you live then? not the uk t take it or are all your neighbours weed smokers or you just don't care about getting busted?

England. I n I grow my own erb,, (nah deal) so couldn't give a flying-foxtrot what anyone else thinks about it ,,,to be honest with you,,, (all but for the security of I's brethren) :D

plus a carbon filter makes too much noise for the glasshouses. lol

Hey hazy good info. carbon filters should be used with this strain indoors,, please ignore me I'm unorthodox in approach. I just mean that if you smoking cheese in the house,, what's the point in masking the plants. lol

Pasha your are imagining things again kidda ,, only a fool would/could/should discredit the credibility of a plant that grows about as a 'clone only' in someone else's garden... we just wanted others to understand that there are at least 4 clones that grow about in the UK labeled as Cheese that aren't Cheese,, that herm easy... (been there done that) ...no-one said anything about you/yours anything dude...we all sit on the same side of the pond,, with the same clone,, like I's say several times before, squash the beef please :D

People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones,, or grow cheese. lol

peace out all :joint:

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i smelled and toked true's stash on 420 Cup and i thought it just had a very fruity kinda smell ..untill you toked on it ..then a real skunkish taste came up...am i mistaken that bad.?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the very best things about Cheese,, for all it's ills,, is that it can easily be crossed with a nice male plant or two to make some nice new varieties. After all reliable Skunk #1 plants have found history in many common cultigens :D

One reason we didn't mind loosing the clone is this,, because we've got lots of Cheese crosses in seed to play with,, and there's plenty more being worked on right now by the LGA and other UK growers. The crosses are less cheesy and usually grow much bigger / with vigor :canabis:

Peace
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
B

BeAn

DocLeaf said:
One reason we didn't mind loosing the clone is this,, because we've got lots of Cheese crosses in seed to play with,, and there's plenty more being worked on right now by the LGA and other UK growers. The crosses are less cheesy and usually grow much bigger / with vigor :canabis:

Peace

Without a doubt, Cheese x Apollo13 bieng one cross in the pipeline....:D

G

DocLeaf said:
One of the very best things about Cheese,, for all it's ills,, is that it can easily be crossed with a nice male plant or two to make some nice new varieties. After all reliable Skunk #1 plants have found history in many common cultigens :D

Peace

Just what are the ills of Cheese? Apart from the dangers of it's immense smell while growing, it's superb all-round, so what ills are you referring to? It's breedign qualities are one of the lesser good points of Cheese as it's just a Skunk after all and isn't at all truebreeding for it's unique taste and smell, so when you cross a male to it, you lose the special qualities, as Big Buddha found out, but didn't stop him from selling his mis-labelled seeds.

Are you actually using the real Cheese for these crosses or the big Buddha one like you did with Spicy Cheese? You should really call that Spicy Skunk as without many gens of careful selection and linebreeding (which Buddha didn't do) there is bugger all cheesiness to be had, in short, BB's Cheese doesn't have a Cheese pheno, hence it shouldn't be called Cheese at all.

docleaf said:
The crosses are less cheesy

No shit, of coruse they aren't cheesy, like I explained, crossing somethign to the Cheese doesn't produce cheesy offspring in the main. Yes, a lucky cheesy pheno can be found, but most of the offspring will not be cheesy at all as they won't have inherited the unique terpenoid profile that makes Cheese Cheese.

Bottom line: the Cheese is just a plain old Skunk #1 female that has only one special quality - a unique terpenoid profile that gives it it's famous smell, taste and effect, take away that profile and it's just plain old Skunk. Cheese is NOT truebreeding for this this terpenoid profile and as a result an F1 Cheese cross is not going to be cheesy at all, anyone who tells you different is either sadly wrong or trying to flog you mislabelled beans (cough Arjan cough).

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've just transplanted these two little cheeslings into 6L pots, how do they fare under lst? light feeder/heavy feeder? They certainly stink :D

S

socioecologist

GP--you hit nail on the head. I wish folks could get it through their skulls that dropping some pollen on a select female rarely results in the desired traits being propagated in successive generations. Selected females are chosen because of their unique qualities--i.e. they possess recessive characteristics that are not widely present in a strain's population. This "lets backcross an elite a couple times and release it as a seed line" bullshit is a ploy for $$$ pure and simple. Want some elites and live in the states? Take a road trip to California or Oregon. For real.

I'm still trying to figure out the Cheese hype. It has a nice smell and descent flavor, but the head just doesn't do it for me (could just be me, but it strikes me as generic). To each their own!

Cheese

cheese smells good taste good but ya i am with u ther it dont smack u in the face like sum kush or chem.... just my 2 cents nck

H

Hazeseeker

Hi All,
still in veg at the minute, just about to transplant into an 11 litre pot tonight, what size are you gonna veg yours to Sammet?

Peace
Hazeseeker :joint:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
socioecologist said:
I'm still trying to figure out the Cheese hype. It has a nice smell and descent flavor, but the head just doesn't do it for me (could just be me, but it strikes me as generic). To each their own!

Cheese

Trying leaving it to mature longer :

all the best

G

Flower it for 65-70 days for full taste and potency.

DSCF0093.jpg

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those two are becoming mums - might be a while before I get clones off them, but typically I veg my plants for a month or so, so will probably do the same.

G

Cheese is as mature as a clone can be, so as long as it's rooted before you flower it, it performs the same, the key is to give it plenty of phosphorous as Cheese is a phosphoprous hog. If you see purple stems, she needs more phosphorous. Give her a good flush and a decent cure and the taste, smell and potency are superb. All the lesser Cheese samples I've smoked were underflushed, without a good flush, the smell and taste are reduced.

Really pleased to see the real Cheese has reached you Sammet, after wasting all that time and effort on the GHS fake. I'm sure you will enjoy the real Cheese a lot more...

Last edited:

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
did someone ask about the negative aspects of the Exodus cut?

how about the lower than average yield?
the lack of vigour?
and most significantly-the mite magnet -i've not come across another cut/strain that attracts, and is vunerable to, spidermites

yo eddieS

Latest posts

Latest posts