What's new

Cheap bubble bag recommendations

dreadvik

it was a small carrier bag full for trim but the quality wasnt really all that on the whole :) gonna use premium trim and weight it next time so will let you know :)

Yeah mo pics a coming hehe I gotta get my macro on ;)

27980A_few_chunks.JPG

OMG NICE!!!:yoinks::yoinks:

Vorsprung

Go with bubblebags you get what you pay for, I still want to get his bubblebox

Not exactly. I won't argue with you bubble bags are the nicest on the market, quality wise... but I wouldn't say you're getting what you pay for at $280.. it's still a ripoff.

That being said I bought these ebay bags to check 'em out. They're crap. PVC coating on the inside scrapes off. Nylon mesh is thin and will 'get out of sorts' easier than 'original bubble bag' mesh.

Too bad someone doesn't make a bag that equals the quality of 'the original' at less than the Ebay price, huh? Oh wait, that's what I'm doing. It's about time, right guys? :woohoo:

dreadvik

Are the original bubble bags not just canvas coated in PVC? At least the kite material is semi water tight uncoated :) The mesh on the main bag seems tough to me :) The t=others are weaker but think as long as your careful scraping the goodies they will have minimal wear.

I do wonder what some peeps are doing to their bags hehe :)

Vorsprung

Are the original bubble bags not just canvas coated in PVC? At least the kite material is semi water tight uncoated :) The mesh on the main bag seems tough to me :) The t=others are weaker but think as long as your careful scraping the goodies they will have minimal wear.

I do wonder what some peeps are doing to their bags hehe :)

Original Bubble Bags are 1680 Denier woven nylon with PU coat (even though they advertise Gore Tex, it is not): http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=126937

The Ebay bags I bought were a crappy 600 Denier nylon with PVC coat.

It sounds like you have a 'third' version (kite material) which I'm guessing is a soft nylon like a light jacket, right? That's just super cheap, flimsy material (i.e. don't get caught in the mixer, LOL).

Not that they won't work! Obviously they do! That's not my argument. My argument is people are paying way to much, for all three versions. Original Bubble are much superior to the Ebay versions (but not $280 superior). The Ebay versions work, but will have limited lifespans and questionable materials (i.e. pvc coat blech) -- and are still way to much $$ for what they are!