What's new

cheap alternative to Smart Pots..... @ walmart

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran

Well after running into problymZ w/ a shortage of small sized smart pots in my area.......and know time to wait on a backorder......
had to do a little brainstorm'in.......and walla'

1 gal {hangable} smart bags......0r dam close......
same material......same feel......poris and it breathes.....plus water drains welll............all for under a dollar each.......
way cheaper than smart pots in the long run......

and the walmart reusable black shopping backs ARE perfect for
5 gal smart pot alternatives.......also a buck a piece......WAY cheaper and handles......

yortbogey

Veteran
NO really like this......

NO really like this......

see what I'm talk'in about.........

works gr8t.......and so much cheaper.......almost identical material......

yortbogey

Veteran
just imagine...what U VERTICAL guys could do....by haging those in a collosium.............

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
you are right bro yortbogey!!
i appreciate like this, maybe for outdoor put up the tree like mimetic war color where people no see..this a good staff for grow in different metod, maybe you can shake my mind ..thanks for post it!!
ah the plant looks good

yortbogey

Veteran
yeah U right.....I gunna' hang those little bastard all over my back deck and clear up the floor space for bigger pots.......
Hell w/ a few hooks hear and there i could hang 2 dozen evenlly out in the bare wall space of the grow room.......for more plants.....

i'm like'n this..............:blowbubbles:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Almost as cool as the dudes growing the auto's in those Big Gulp cups from 7-11 :canabis:

Good idea man! :respect:

yortbogey

Veteran
TT

TT

Waht UP.......TT.....hope U'r weekend is swinging..........:dance013:

simple stoner inspiration brought about by necessity......

and hell'z bell'z it works well.............

plus the BIG reusable shopping bagz R..............rectangular......
for better placment and configuration in small indoor...space.....they will stack well side by side to fit like a puzzle in a cubicle.......niiice....
:bump:

you can buy that material in bulk from walmarts craft/sewing section as well as other thick fabric that would work also....and they have some good stuff for carbon filter pre filters there..

justanotherbozo

Veteran
if you don't mind putting them together you could just
get yourself a roll of lanscapers fabric for about $10.00.

you could make an awful lot more than 10 bags from
that, and it's MADE to allow air and water to pass.

(if you're no good with a needle or you don't have a
machine, just staple them together along the seams)

H

HybridHydro

Uhmm... you could hang a whole shit load of those off a fence, stacking 2 - 3 - 4 on top of each other; put a nail high enough up and hang it on the fence so it doesn't flatten the plant under neath it, train the bottom plant so that it grows out.

Soft420 wrote: Almost as cool as the dudes growing the auto's in those Big Gulp cups from 7-11

hehehe, I use 32 oz cups, that I cut slots into the side of, they're my net pots. Also have used them in a passive wick system(before I put the slots in).

After I put the slots in, I use them to start and clone, then when they get roots and big enough, transfer the whole cup/hydroton to my 3 gallon bubble buckets and add hydroton to cover the cup.
:smokeit:

Last edited:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
very clever,j.a.b.! What about Fabric glue, it's waterproof.

yeah, that'd probably work too although i think maybe
the glue might break down over time.

the staples would rust too so neither is a perfect fix.

i actually just got my delivery of 15 Air-Pots yesterday
and with 27 cuts about 4 days from potting up i'm really
looking forward to seeing whether they are as good as
advertised, lol.

i've never grown in anything that did root pruning so
i'm also definitely gonna make me some grow bags
outa some landscaper fabric.

edit: now that i think about it, that glue you speak of
is used for seams and such so would probably last
plenty long enough to bring in a crop.

id make some of these also if the sewing machine wasnt fucked up....dunno whats wrong with it thread all knots up....id rather use them then these plastic growbags...

darrmann

not bad for a quick fix eh. I have 10 gallon smart pots and recently upgraded 20 babies so know i need 20 more. Im gonna try those 5 gallon ones and see how they work. do the roots come thru the side and bottom and self prune themselves like the smart pots?

yortbogey

Veteran
not bad for a quick fix eh. I have 10 gallon smart pots and recently upgraded 20 babies so know i need 20 more. Im gonna try those 5 gallon ones and see how they work. do the roots come thru the side and bottom and self prune themselves like the smart pots?

YES sofar the roots are working there way thru the walmart bags.....

almost the exact material as Smart Pots........

works just the same root /air exsposure......drains well and standUP all by it self................

Latest posts

Latest posts