What's new

Chasing the sweet Tooth fairy

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Mile High

Same here - had a small garden at ye olde lady's house last year, and I had about a dozen pots with chiles in 'em at mi casa. This'll be my first real stab (in years, anyway) at a veggie garden.

I picked up The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, by Edward Smith - good stuff.

I'm trying to do eeeeeverything from seed this year - for some reason, I feel like it increases the pride quotient, and DEFINITELY increases the snob quotient. (I'm concerned more with one of those than the other).

;)

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Okay, so Back on Track.

Had some funky leaves with spots all over them the day after applying Kool Bloom....

Forgot that I've been growing for a few minutes now.... the Kool Bloom was at least 2 years old and was the liquid kind. To top that off, it's in a transparent bottle... sheesh.

I'm almost positive this stuff has gone bad and caused a nutrient burn... its almost salty where the burns are... at first I though Magnesium def. But, either way... it was only in the waterfarm so I stopped using it. Flushed and back to basic Lucas.

Damn there are going to be some NICE sized nugs on these ladies, I can't wait.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Okay, so Back on Track.

Had some funky leaves with spots all over them the day after applying Kool Bloom....

Forgot that I've been growing for a few minutes now.... the Kool Bloom was at least 2 years old and was the liquid kind. To top that off, it's in a transparent bottle... sheesh.

I'm almost positive this stuff has gone bad and caused a nutrient burn... its almost salty where the burns are... at first I though Magnesium def. But, either way... it was only in the waterfarm so I stopped using it. Flushed and back to basic Lucas.

Damn there are going to be some NICE sized nugs on these ladies, I can't wait.

Old nutes = no good. Good move!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
@ lil - Seriously!!! I've always heard to use the liquid Kool bloom to start, then the Powdered to finish, they aren't the same.

But, as always with "I've heard," it could be complete bullshit. haha

Watcha think about that

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
@ lil - Seriously!!! I've always heard to use the liquid Kool bloom to start, then the Powdered to finish, they aren't the same.

Watcha think about that

From my experience the liquid version has some serious
consistence issues, one bottle is hot as hell, and the next
not so much, making it very hard to dial it in.
Also from my understanding it's really only effective during
weeks 6,7 and possibly 8 depending on your strain.
It's written right on the bag,with most manufacturers they will
flat out try and get you to use as much of their product as
you possibly can, along with their supplements, not these guy's.
:2cents:
Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one,
"BUTT" no one wants too hear it !___________ A wise man.

peace out, and keep up the good work Brotha.

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
hey man, please don't take that last post the wrong way,
It's obvious that you like things dialed in, just trying to help.

peace. the sprout.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
far from dialed in... just starting to learn

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna roll with the powdered version.

Peace

MileHighGuy

Veteran
FUCK ME, somehow there were two 15 minute prongs pushed down in the middle of the dark cycle on the T5 Lights.... Holy shit.

What a dumb mistake seriously, Everything in there looks excellent and they've only been in flower for a few days, but I'm thinking I'm gonna have some major hermies....

Oh well, I guess this truly is a test run.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I agree, It's totally possible nothing will happen.

But either way, I'm glad I caught that early. That will NEVER happen again, lesson learned.

On a side note, I can definitely notice a difference in the nutrient uptake in the Island Sweet Skunk, it's more sativa and really took awhile after transplant to even out and get used the the nutes.

So far the Trinity is my favorite along with the Sweet Tooth.

Next grow will probably be 6 of each.

Major Uneven Canopy on this Test Round and Everything is still looking great.

It's crazy how fast these little hydro plants are taking off.

I'll post some pics later.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albu
mid=27779&pictureid=673389

picture.php

picture.php

Trinity
picture.php

trinity
picture.php

picture.php

ISS
picture.php

GDP
picture.php

SEEDLINGS
picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
No... Should I? I use it morning and night and figured that would be enough...

I have some PH fluid in a pouch I could keep it in the cap.... The Instructions didn't mention that and you're the 2nd person to tell me that.

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
yes defiantly, if that probe gets dry it can and eventually
will ruin it, and a new probe cost as much as the meter !

I did the same thing at first, but I was lucky and caught it in time.
I use a 7.0 solution and calibrate mine every time I use it,
and I change my solution once a week, but I run Flora nova and
it's like mud, gets on everything.

peace

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Okay Cool, I calibrated it and then put some of that 7.01 stuff you have in the pouch into my cap.

Whats up with the 7.0 Green stuff and the 7.01 pouches?

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Okay Cool, I calibrated it and then put some of that 7.01 stuff you have in the pouch into my cap.

Whats up with the 7.0 Green stuff and the 7.01 pouches?

The pouches are just extras, made by Milwaukee, they do
basically the same thing as the bottles.
The bottles are GH brand, storage and calibration fluid,
I keep my cap about 1/2 full and when I turn on my meter,
(with the cap still on) I wait for the meter to cycle up, then I
calibrate it, Take the cap off, use it, then a quick swish in a glass of tap water
to get any nutes off, and back on with the cap, again I wait for
meter to return to 7.0 then I go ahead and shut it off.

That meter should last years with a Lil~maintenance and some
TLC, I love mine, I don't know how people do this without one ?

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go !
peace the sprout.

M

merlot

Watcha think about that

far from dialed in... just starting to learn

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna roll with the powdered version.

Peace

Hi there MileHighGuy, are you using the powdered version of Kool Bloom at the beginning of flower now? If so how is that going?

GH recommends that you use Maxibloom the whole way through, + liquid KB at the beginning. For the last 2 weeks to use the powdered KB + liquid KB.

Heres from their website:
Liquid KoolBloom is instantly soluble in your reservoir and immediately available for plant uptake. Liquid KoolBloom is precisely formulated to enhance the performance of GH's Flora, Nova, and Maxi series nutrients.
Liquid KoolBloom should be used at the start of the reproductive cycle initiating larger, heavier fruits and flowers. During the last two weeks, use Dry KoolBloom for an additional bloom boost and to facilitate ripening.

Dry KoolBloom is packed with the potency your plants prefer in the final stages of flowering for raging weight gain and ripening to perfection. The ingredients that make Dry KoolBloom unique will make your fruits swell, while exponentially increasing the production of essential oils and floral fragrance. Dry KoolBloom is rich in phosphorous and potassium, fortified by our own secret ingredients. This blend enhances production of essential oils and fragrances by mildly stressing plants during the formation of fruits and flowers.
Dry KoolBloom is used during the second phase of reproductive growth in conjunction with Liquid KoolBloom, which is used at the start of flowering. The KoolBloom Combo--Start with the Liquid…Finish with the Dry.

I've followed this regiment for good results as well.. just wanted to see how things are going ;)