What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzo

Veteran
Mornin' all.

That sucks scegy, sorry to hear it, ive been there. Im not gonna beat around the bush, if you talk to just talk to him from your heart, like you just did, minus a couple things) but you may have to consider moving for your own safety if you wish to continue doin what you do. Bottom line. Are you in a medical mj state? Best of luck and think this through, maybe its time for you to move? I dunno, just throwin it out at ya' somethin to think about.

Were here for ya man

Mornin Hit howzit for ya this mornin? Good i hope and im sure it is.

I thank you as well T for postin ALL that up, i have been practicing. All my energy towards you and your family getting better.

have a great day everyone

peace

bonz

>>>>>nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
scegy!

scegy!

How fortunate! A real test that can only be won through faith!

If you wish to free yourself from the sufferings of birth and death you have endured since time without beginning and to attain without fail unsurpassed enlightenment in this lifetime, you must perceive the mystic truth that is originally inherent in all living beings. This truth is Myoho-renge-kyo. Chanting Myoho-renge-kyo will therefore enable you to grasp the mystic truth innate in all life.

The Lotus Sutra is the king of sutras, true and correct in both word and principle. Its words are the ultimate reality, and this reality is the Mystic Law (myoho). It is called the Mystic Law because it reveals the principle of the mutually inclusive relationship of a single moment of life and all phenomena. That is why this sutra is the wisdom of all Buddhas.

Life at each moment encompasses the body and mind and the self and environment of all sentient beings in the Ten Worlds as well as all insentient beings in the three thousand realms, including plants, sky, earth, and even the minutest particles of dust. Life at each moment permeates the entire realm of phenomena and is revealed in all phenomena. To be awakened to this principle is itself the mutually inclusive relationship of life at each moment and all phenomena. Nevertheless, even though you chant and believe in Myoho-renge-kyo, if you think the Law is outside yourself, you are embracing not the Mystic Law but an inferior teaching. "Inferior teaching" means those other than this [Lotus] sutra, which are all expedient and provisional. No expedient or provisional teaching leads directly to enlightenment, and without the direct path to enlightenment you cannot attain Buddhahood, even if you practice lifetime after lifetime for countless kalpas. Attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime is then impossible. Therefore, when you chant myoho and recite renge, you must summon up deep faith that Myoho-renge-kyo is your life itself.
[On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime/WND pg. 3]

So go beyond the realm of agreement with the vibes and the philosophy. The Universe is up to the challenge. Believe in and discover the Buddha within you and use this experience as the cornerstone to initiating an actual practice and lifelong faith in the Gohonzon of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Execute dude! WE DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!

Of course it's worth talking to him again. But don't waste your one shot. Use the strategy of the Lotus Sutra and you WILL win: use the strategy of your brain or other's opinions and you may not. It's up to you. Only you and the Universe will know for sure if you embraced what I've said here with your whole heart and effort, but the result will speak for itself.

Don't be afraid, dont be defeated! Faith! Victory of GOLD!

Chant, get your benefit, and then tell us all about it!

T

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Scegy my brother :) Hope things are going well and im sorry to hear about your landlord. Im happy to hear of your new challenge though. But heres the deal... i dont want to throw anything negative at you ... but lets remember some basic rules we as growers must follow. Bonzo is just trying to point out the golden rules... never tell anyone about your grow. Even though you did not tell him ...now he knows. I dont know the man but the basic rules say its time to move or take down your grow and make sure he comes back and sees it down. Security has been compromised. If you are in a med state then you could prolly just play it off and talk to the man and see how it works out.... if your not in a med state ... then you are talking felony and its not something to be toyed with. Get yourself safe ... FIRST.... then set yourself back up to stay safe. I love you brother and just want you to stay safe. I want you all to stay safe. Keep chanting for your own safety and I will send Daimoku also. Lets all stay safe. OG Bub is going through some tough times right now so lets all be aware and send some good Daimoku his direction...he has a very large Challenge ahead of him. So please please lets send him some positive energy and if there is a auction to help him lets see if we can get involved. Sorry for the ramble .. just my .02 on the subject . I love you all and I bow in obeisance to you all.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well some how I get the feeling that scegy isn't dealing with U.S. statutes, but regardless that is very good input Bud. You, unquestionably are correct in everything that you have advised. But as I said to scegy already, "The outcome is up to you!"

Have faith, manifest wisdom, and make this an experience that demonstrates the power to the Law to you

Maintaining your safety is fundamental if you conclude it has been compromised.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of famous people chant!

Lots of famous people chant!

(SGI President Ikeda's Dialogue With Actor Orlando Bloom)

President Ikeda: "A famous Japanese author wrote: 'Rather than worrying about your future, thinking, "Perhaps I should become this. Perhaps I should become that," first be still and build a self that is as solid and unmoving as Mount Fuji.'

Expressing his thanks for this encouragement, Mr. Bloom mentioned that he hoped to someday climb Mount Everest for charity.
The SGI leader noted that Sir Edmund Hillary, who, together with the Sherpa guide Tenzing Norgay, was the first to successfully scale Mount Everest, had sent him a copy of a book he had authored. President Ikeda cited the mountaineer's words from another publication: "In the end it is the man himself that counts. When the going gets tough and things go wrong the same qualities are needed to win through as they were in the past -- qualities of courage, resourcefulness, the ability to put up with discomfort and hardship, and the enthusiasm to hold tight to an ideal and to see it through with doggedness and determination." The ultimate source of all these qualities, concluded President Ikeda, is faith. Mr. Bloom listened intently to his mentor's every word, as if engraving them on his heart, solemnly stating: "All my questions have been answered."

(Source: SGI Newsletter No. 6937. From SGI President Ikeda's Dialogue With Actor Orlando Bloom Translated on August 14, 2006)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Live true to yourself!"*
This is what my mentor, Josei Toda, used to say.
You are the main character of your own life.
Let's all live out our lives with confidence and conviction
by being true to ourselves!

Daisaku Ikeda

*Shortly after he began his journey of propagation, Shakyamuni called out to a youth whom he met in the forest: "Seek out your self!"

"Seek out your self!" "Know your true self!" "Start digging right at your feet!" Herein lies the spring of happiness and the path of hope.

Therefore, President Toda always encouraged people to "live your own life," to "live true to yourself":

Whether you suffer from poverty or failure in business, or you are miserable because of marital discord, or you get injured falling over a charcoal brazier, ultimately all such sufferings are your own life. They are manifestations of the living phenomenon that is your self. When we view things in this way, we see that all occurrences in our daily existence are changes in our lives. The important thing, therefore, is to try to cause more positive changes and ceaselessly make efforts to secure happiness.

So the key is to live true to yourself.... You have to realize that living true to yourself is the only way. To live based on other people or circumstances, always thinking, "Things would be fine if that person would only do such-and-such," or "If the world were only like this then I could be happy," is a mistake, is it not?

No matter where we go, we can never escape from our self. Happiness and misery, everything in life, is contained in the single word oneself. Ultimately, victory or defeat in life comes down to a matter of disciplining and dignifying this inescapable thing that is the self.
(Lectures on the "Expedient Means" and "Life Span" Chapters of the Lotus Sutra, Volume 3, page 91)

crybaby

Hello all,

I have been reading and lurking on this site for quite some time. I have been moved by the amount of love and support for all here. Yes, there is the occasional silliness, but there is a core here of love and acceptance. As an outsider looking in, it is something to behold.

A little bit about myself. I'm a 47 year old guy who lives in the midwest and I work out of my home. I have two children who are almost adults and I am divorced. I am fortunate enough to have a good job and a nice house. I have a bulldog named Hank and a big yard for him to run around in. There is a family of 5 foxes who have a den in the backyard of my lot, and he enjoys chasing them around. As I write this I see a couple of them in the back scrounging mullberries underneath the tree. Hank never catches them and wouldln't know what to do even if he did.

I have a brother who is a year younger than me, and he suffers from a degenerative bone disorder. Almost a year ago his last source of marijuana shut down, and he was forced to seek out traditional prescription pain killers, opiates and opiate-like painkillers from doctors. Of course, he became more and more miserable due to the debilitating side effects of these meds...enough so that he approached me several months ago and asked my to try and find a source for some high grade pot for him. I've been removed from the scene for a long, long time, and rarely smoke myself, so there was no one to turn to, and I didnt feel comfortable asking around. So I began to entertain the idea of growing some for him, as my situation lends itself much better for that than does his. I read everything I could, and set up a nice area with all the right equipment and I've been growing for a month now and it's been a terrific journey for me. I enjoy just sitting around my plants in the veg room and taking in the quiet and the sanity, truth be told.

When I was a young man, almost 25 years ago now, I spent two years in a western christian monastery and became very familiar with western meditation and gregorian chant. I have always been very grateful for my time there, and in my heart I have always wanted to cultivate that kind of peace and energy into my life again.

So anyways, I PM'd Babba and told him that I enjoyed his posts, and after starting to read this thread, I can say that to so many of you. Thanks to Babba for pointing me to this thread, and thanks for having me.

Peace, CB

oh yes, two other items: first one I'm sure I'll find out more about as I take in this thread (it's 243 pages long!!!), but is there any reading that any of you would recommend? Secondly, I've got a few things planted and they seem to be doing well, but if any of you have recommendations regarding an easy to grow, good yielding medicinal strain and where to find it, I'd be very appreciate. Again, peace

scegy

:) i can't tell you how much power you give me guys, i know it's all up to me and i've already started searching for a new app yesterday as i saw that there is no other way....
it was just that i JUST moved here, 2 months ago...i'm sick of these bullshitting landlords since they want only money with no obligations. so i'm gonna pay this man to freeze my ass off in this app since there's no central heating.
though i have an easy way out, my parrents offered me and my gf to buy us an appartment. we wouldn't own it but we would use it and pay my parrents something.
all nice and shiny, but the thing is that my parrents don't approve anything regarding grass, they tollerate somehow that i smoke...so you see, i'd be pissing in my parrents faces if i took their app., on the other hand i can study and work normaly if i let them help me so they'd be happy in the end...it's just my mind, am i abusing them?
i'm not asking you for directions sorry if i missexpressed myself, i just like to hear your opinions, i think you all know what i'm talking about.
if there's something that i knew all my life was that i can never escape myself no matter how ignorant i try to be, thank you for reminding me
must attend a meeting soon, if there are ppl like you in there i wanna meet them, i wish you all a very good night and even a better next day
thank you my FRIENDS

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nevertheless, even though you chant and believe in Myoho-renge-kyo, if you think the Law is outside yourself, you are embracing not the Mystic Law but an inferior teaching."

(On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 3) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, August 17th, 2006

Hitman

Crybaby, It is very nice to meet you, welcome to the Chanting Growers Thread. I'm going to chant for your brother to get the best darn nugs on this side of the ....

I'll be glad to help you with soiless (Peat, perlite, earth castings, = looks like dirt but it's innert.

That's really nice of you to be there for your brother, you'll have nugs in no time!

Hitman

Scegy, it's all going to work out for you, keep the faith. Chant for a resolution, your Buddha Wisdom will see you through.

Bubbabud- I love you too, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

crybaby

Thanks Hitman,

I appreciate the warmth. I've got a hydro system up and going, ebb and flow, and I'm like a mother taking care of her babies. Weird! But satisfying to find them growing and seemingly happy with their home. I always believe that if I'm there for someone else, despite my faults, someday someone will be there for me. Peace, CB

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And so we kind of keep this point straight, we have developed a tradition in here of keeping the 'grow' conversations in this thread focussed on those pertaining to our lives, and the growth of our plants to other threads on this site. But make no mistake, we are all growers; and we all grow as a result of our participation in this thread, as well.

scegy

"Nevertheless, even though you chant and believe in Myoho-renge-kyo, if you think the Law is outside yourself, you are embracing not the Mystic Law but an inferior teaching."

i don't think i understud this correctly; the thing is that i don't think that when it comes to money or app that is enough just to chant, ofcourse it's the first step but then you crash to the ground and it's all about the money and greedy ppl. i can't chant if someone is shitting down my throat, i have to act, and that's moving out...and this is what bothers me, i haven't had a home for nearly 2,5 years now, moving from place to place, dealing with ppl that don't want to cooperate and so on...so what am i doing here? whining? yes

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude go back and reread my post 2729 response to you!

Dude go back and reread my post 2729 response to you!

In addition to that, please note what is said in post number five from the first page of this thread!

PassTheDoobie said:
Bodhi and phototropic,

Let's all sit under the tree together.

Prayer without action is idealism, and action without prayer is futile.

The difference between a common mortal and a Buddha, is that a common mortal is deluded, and a Buddha is not.

Eliminating delusion equals enlightenment.

What is the appropriate way to achieve this in Mappo?

(chanting what's beneath my name below)

Thomas

Who said anything about just chanting and sitting on your ass? Get with it scegy! No one has ever remotely implied that. The point is that the power to make your environment change is within your life alone. That is a process of more than just doing something. You have already done many things that didn't work out. Stop the cynicism and find some faith.

That takes the ACTION of chanting and bringing out your innate WISDOM. When it changes, the thing that made it happen was from a source of power in your life. That's the point of the above quote that seemed to have bothered you.

Last edited:

Hitman

Well, Scegy, early in the morning, when you would be worrying, just chant instead. Sincerely say Nam Myoho Renge Kyo a couple of times just to see the goodness that occurs. I have questions too. But I know in my heart that when I chant about something, you can chant for anything you like, it happens. It couldn't just be coincidental. I've been in a similar situation and it is difficult, real difficult, but you will prevail. And if you chant you'll see a greater effect, you'll see, before you start doubting just chant a little bit in your mind if you must. If you say it nice and slow it's okay too. You came this far and you are being challenged again but this time you'll have tapped into your Buddah Wisdom and you will be able to put the pieces of your environment into their proper heirarchy, in other words you'll take of your priorities first.

I don't want to give you advice so I'll just say chant for your parents to see what you love and know that you are not harming anyone.

Good Luck.

Hit

Hitman

Make Today Fun! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Make Today Fun! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

PassTheDoobie said:
And so we kind of keep this point straight, we have developed a tradition in here of keeping the 'grow' conversations in this thread focussed on those pertaining to our lives, and the growth of our plants to other threads on this site. But make no mistake, we are all growers; and we all grow as a result of our participation in this thread, as well.

One of these :joint: is always good to lighten up.

We Become better growers, better chanters, and our lives will keep getting better.

Let's all Grow Together! :woohoo:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ultimately, one must decide to earnestly seek the sixth stage

Ultimately, one must decide to earnestly seek the sixth stage

six stages of practice
[六即] (Jpn.: roku-soku)

Also, six identities. Six stages in the practice of the Lotus Sutra formulated by T'ien-t'ai (538-597) in Great Concentration and Insight. They are as follows: (1) The stage of being a Buddha in theory. At this stage one has not yet heard the correct teaching and is ignorant of Buddhism. Nevertheless, a single moment of life is in itself identical to the truth of the matrix of the Thus Come One; in other words, one is a potential Buddha. (2) The stage of hearing the name and words of the truth. At this stage through the spoken or written word one comes to an intellectual understanding that one has the Buddha nature and that all phenomena are manifestations of the Buddhist Law. This may take place through reading or hearing the words of the sutras. (3) The stage of perception and action. Here one perceives the truth [of the Buddha nature] within oneself through practice, the truth and the wisdom to perceive it are in accord with each other, and one's words match one's actions. (4) The stage of resemblance to enlightenment. At this stage, one eliminates the first two of the three categories of illusion and attains purification of the six sense organs. Having advanced this far, one's wisdom resembles that of a Buddha. In terms of the fifty-two stages of practice, this stage corresponds to the first ten stages, the ten stages of faith. (5) The stage of progressive awakening. This is the stage at which one eradicates all illusions except fundamental darkness and awakens progressively to the truth of one's Buddha nature. In terms of the fifty-two stages, it corresponds to the eleventh (the first stage of security) through the fifty-first (the stage of near-perfect enlightenment). (6) The stage of ultimate enlightenment, or the highest stage of practice. At this stage, one finally eliminates fundamental darkness and fully manifests the Buddha nature. This corresponds to the stage of perfect enlightenment, the last of the fifty-two stages.

T'ien-t'ai taught that all people at whatever stage of practice are equally endowed with the potential for Buddhahood. In this way he prevented his disciples from falling into the error of self-deprecation or becoming discouraged. On the other hand, possessing the Buddha nature is not the same as attaining Buddhahood. T'ien-t'ai therefore divided practice into six progressive stages to prevent his disciples from falling into the error of arrogance and relaxing their efforts. In Great Concentration and Insight, he states: "If one lacks faith, one will object that it pertains to the lofty realm of the sages, something far beyond the capacity of one's own wisdom to understand. If one lacks wisdom, one will become puffed up with arrogance and will claim to be the equal of the Buddha."

The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings gives Nichiren's (1222-1282) interpretation of the six stages of practice: "Speaking in terms of the six stages of practice, the Thus Come One in this ['Life Span'] chapter is an ordinary mortal who is in the first stage, that of being a Buddha in theory. When one reverently accepts Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, one is in the next stage, that of hearing the name and words of the truth. That is, one has for the first time heard the daimoku. When, having heard the daimoku, one proceeds to put it into practice, this is the third stage, that of perception and action. In this stage, one perceives the object of devotion that embodies the three thousand realms in a single moment of life. When one succeeds in overcoming various illusions and obstacles, this is the fourth stage, that of resemblance to enlightenment. When one sets out to convert others, this is the fifth stage, that of progressive awakening. And when one comes at last to the realization that one is a Buddha eternally endowed with the three bodies, then one is a Buddha of the sixth and highest stage, that of ultimate enlightenment.

"Speaking of the chapter as a whole, the idea of gradually overcoming delusions is not the ultimate meaning of the 'Life Span' chapter. You should understand that the ultimate meaning of this chapter is that ordinary mortals, just as they are in their original state of being, are Buddhas.

"And if you ask what is the action or practice carried out by the Buddha eternally endowed with the three bodies, it is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

From source: The Soka Gakkai Dictionary of Buddhism

Status
Not open for further replies.