What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
You are so right to always remain grateful!

You are so right to always remain grateful!

Thanks everyone! The Power of the Law is awesome, isn't it? We are all connected from many lifetimes in the past, and based on our valient efforts to attain and express Buddhahood in our present form, we shall always be. I am most confident of that!

Dad has changed so much in a week that I am proud to be here helping. 16 months ago he was given 6 months to live. Ha! Yea, the Power of the Law is nothing short of incredible. May we all devote the rest of our lives to repaying our debt of gratitude.

Keep chanting Brothers and Sisters! Never give up and never give in! NO MATTER WHAT!

My deepest and most heartfelt appreciation to you all!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

You always inspire me bro. I just tried to call you. I hope you are still there, with your dad?

I'll be home until February. I started vacation today,....was under the weather last week, got sent home, no work. I may go on unemplyoment after my vacation, just depends. So give me a call "Mr.T"...love ya bro!

desi

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
So right Bonz!

So right Bonz!

howdy my friends :) hope everyone is well :) today was an awesome day! :) ya know it occurred to me today that its not how long ive been doing someting but how passionately i do it today that matters, we cannot lose the passion, the fire!

nam myoho renge kyo :)

Man your spirit is on fire again, you always lift me up to keep riding the eternal wave.

Hey Babba, so good to hear you.....your support has never waivered....the train never stops, I love hoping on it!!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On my way back home guys! Dad is great and so is mom. I was thrilled to talk to those of you that I was able to. I know how hard it is to keep going everyone. But continuing is the whole ballgame. Let's all kick some DEVIL ASS!!!!!

T

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Light of Happiness!

Light of Happiness!

"There are times when you will be attacked or experience slander and abuse when you try to share this Buddhism with others. You may have many kinds of bitter experiences. But that’s all exactly as the Lotus Sutra and the Daishonin’s writings predict. Just grit your teeth, resolve not to be defeated, and keep trying. It’s an opportunity to expiate past offences. That and transforming your karma are the points of Buddhist practice. Once you’re certain of that, all your sufferings will be transformed into great joy."

SGI Newsletter No. 8407, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 1, Light of Happiness 41, translated Dec. 15th, 2011

Hi "T!"....this piece of art was posted 'twice', actually, but I see why.....the truth is really talking to me!:jump:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
I'm realizing this....it's belief....wow!

I'm realizing this....it's belief....wow!

Although the people who study Buddhism outnumber the dust particles of the land, those who actually become Buddhas are fewer than the specks of dirt that can be placed on a fingernail. This the World-Honored One of Great Enlightenment clearly states in the Nirvana Sutra. On reading it, I wondered why it should be so difficult, but after some thought I realized that indeed it must be so. Although people study Buddhism, it is difficult for them to practice it correctly either because of the ignorance of their minds, or because, even though wise, they fail to realize that they are being misled by their teachers.

Moreover, even though one may encounter a wise teacher and the true sutra and thereby embrace the correct teaching, when one resolves to break free from the sufferings of birth and death and attain Buddhahood, one will inevitably encounter seven grave matters known as the three obstacles and four devils, just as surely as a shadow follows the body and clouds accompany rain. Even if you should manage to overcome the first six, if you are defeated by the seventh, you will not be able to become a Buddha.

Let us leave the first six for now. The seventh is caused by the devil king of the sixth heaven. When an ordinary person of the latter age is ready to attain Buddhahood, having realized the essence of all the sacred teachings of the Buddha’s lifetime and understood the heart of the important teaching set forth in Great Concentration and Insight, this devil is greatly surprised. He says to himself, “This is most vexing. If I allow this person to remain in my domain, he not only will free himself from the sufferings of birth and death, but will lead others to enlightenment as well. Moreover, he will take over my realm and change it into a pure land. What shall I do?” The devil king then summons all his underlings from the threefold world of desire, form, and formlessness and tells them: “Each of you now go and harass that votary, according to your respective skills. If you should fail to make him abandon his Buddhist practice, then enter into the minds of his disciples, lay supporters, and the people of his land and thus try to persuade or threaten him. If these attempts are also unsuccessful, I myself will go down and possess the mind and body of his sovereign to persecute that votary. Together, how can we fail to prevent him from attaining Buddhahood?”

I, Nichiren, have long been aware of all this and therefore know how difficult it is for an ordinary person of the latter age to become a Buddha in this lifetime.

>>>>>>>>

As for my teachings, regard those before my exile to the province of Sado as equivalent to the Buddha’s pre- Lotus Sutra teachings....

On the night of the twelfth day of the ninth month in the eighth year of Bun’ei (1271), I was very nearly beheaded at Tatsunokuchi. From that time, I felt pity for my followers because I had not yet revealed this true teaching to any of them. With this in mind, I secretly conveyed my teaching to my disciples from the province of Sado. After the Buddha’s passing, great scholars and teachers such as Mahakashyapa, Ananda, Nagarjuna, Vasubandhu, T’ien-t’ai, Miao-lo, Dengyo, and Gishin knew this teaching, but kept it in their hearts and did not express it in words. The reason was that the Buddha had forbidden them to spread it, stating, “After my passing, this great Law should not be revealed until the Latter Day of the Law arrives.” I may not be an envoy sent by the Buddha, but my appearance in this world coincides with the age of the Latter Day. Moreover, quite unexpectedly, I came to realize this teaching, which I now expound to prepare the way for a sage.

With the appearance of this teaching, all the teachings advocated by the scholars and teachers of Buddhism during the Former and Middle Days of the Law will be like stars after sunrise, or an awkward apprentice beside a skilled craftsman. It is stated that, once this teaching is revealed in this era, the Buddha images as well as the priests of the temples built in the Former and Middle Days will all lose their power to benefit people, and only this great teaching will spread throughout the entire land of Jambudvipa. Since all of you have a bond with this teaching, you should feel reassured.

http://www.sgilibrary.org/view.php?page=894&m=0&q= :tiphat:

This letter you leave with us "T" as you return to your own family, and it's right on time, I'm so grateful bro, thank you.

desi

easyDaimoku

Veteran
OOOHH sorry I missed your calls PTD! Was dredging up that fucked up karma I'm trying to rid myself of in this lifetime! I'll take time to write more about my recent experiences/issues soon, but suffice to say after I advanced the most in my 5 1/2 years of practice (this Spring, Summer and Fall) I was served up with the most radically ridiculous persecutions I could have ever expected! I'm surviving, with DAIMOKU!

In fact, the only thing keeping me grounded, going, and alive is my faith and reliance on the Gohonzon to always be there for me and to never give me something I can't handle. Lately, I've struggled on many fronts, but things are picking up and I'm still making my house payments! Still chanting everyday, still having local people encourage me practically everyday I leave my house. And still a proud chanting grower!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Home safe guys!~ Easy I'll get together with you whenever you want, Brother! Bonz, congrats on our two year anniversary. Keep it strong Brother! We all love you so much, and you have become a real ray of sunshine, the Buddha that you are! Bud, the whole crew will be back in March, so plan on a trip to see your mother! Same place as last time for the first ten days of April. SoCal, the latest plan is to come buy a house where you live! Maybe even that same trip this spring. Desi, don't hesitate to have me call!

I love you all!

T

Bonzo

Veteran
:thank you::wave::wave: thanks dude! :) :wave: lookin' forward to march :wave:

nam myoho renge kyo:)

Bonzo

Veteran
good morning my friends :) sunrise in the desert is awesome today :) sunrise on this here planet earth is awesome :) enjoy the sunrise :)

nam myoho renge kyo :)

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Yes, what a precious day it is. What could be can be! Don't let "the others" bring us down to their level of negativism. "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" cuts through it all to lighten the truth for "all" to see. You just have to believe like faith in Bonzo's sunrise.

Desi

Bonzo

Veteran
DESI!!!! :) indeed my brotha and CAN be WILL be if...NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!...woo hoo! :) ya know i think if and when i encounter those "others" with thier glass half empty ill see if i cant help them see it so full its overflowing...cause it is! :) or it can be...NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO :) WOO HOO! :)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I am praying that, no matter how troubled the times may become, the Lotus Sutra and the ten demon daughters will protect all of you, praying as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood, or to obtain water from parched ground."

(On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 444) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, December 22nd, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In your heart
and in mine,
a golden morning sun shines
how enjoyable
our shared struggle!

"'Life becomes perpetually renewed every day. This knowledge should be helpful in uplifting us,'1] wrote Mahatma Gandhi (1869–1948), the great champion of nonviolence.

"We who resonantly chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the eternal rhythm of renewal, are able to vibrantly bring forth the sun of time without beginning in our hearts morning after morning, year after year. Let’s set forth high-spiritedly, moving forward with bright, dynamic momentum, encouraging and encouraged by our fellow members throughout the world, comrades from the remote past."

SGI Newsletter No. 8411, Meeting Together and Winning Together, from the January 2012 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated Dec. 20th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The essence of heart to heart dialogue is to have the "courage" to sincerely listen, with an open heart, to the other person. To be able to speak out the "truth" and share your own convictions. To create an environment of "trust' where both people can empathise with and understand each other's perspectives. New friendships are indeed treasures!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Without strenuous effort, no progress is possible. Kosen-rufu is only achieved through consistent effort based on a determination to make a breakthrough."

SGI Newsletter No. 8410, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 1, Light of Happiness 43, translated Dec. 16th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"You will grow younger, and your good fortune will accumulate."

(The Unity of Husband and Wife - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 464) Selection source: New Human Revolution - Striding Together - 32, Seikyo Shimbun, December 20th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"'Now for the past twenty-eight years, since the fifth year of the Kencho era [1253], cyclical sign mizunoto-ushi, the twenty-eighth day of the fourth month [April 28],[1] until the present, the twelfth month of the third year of the Koan era [December 1280], cyclical sign kanoe-tatsu, I, Nichiren, have done nothing else, but have laboured solely to put the five or seven characters of Myoho-renge-kyo[2] into the mouths of all the living beings of the country of Japan.' From “On Reprimanding Hachiman” (WND-2, 931).

"Nichiren Daishonin persevered in his selfless struggle to spread the Mystic Law, driven solely by his wish for people’s happiness. We, who have inherited this noble mission, are all respectworthy Bodhisattvas of the Earth and emissaries of the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law endowed with 'great good fortune from past existences' (LSOC27, 356).

"Today, countless valiant young Bodhisattvas of the Earth are emerging one after another. As we continue to spread the Mystic Law by reaching out in dialogue to as many people as possible, let’s scale fresh summits of kosen-rufu."

SGI Newsletter No. 8412, Living the Gosho: Words of Encouragement from SGI President Ikeda, (62) With the Wish for the Happiness of All Humanity, translated Dec. 20th, 2011, from the Dec. 9th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, the Soka Gakkai daily newspaper.

[1] This refers to the time when the Daishonin first proclaimed the teaching of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.
[2] Myoho-renge-kyo is written with five Chinese characters, while Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is written with seven (nam, or namu, being comprised of two characters). The Daishonin often uses Myoho-renge-kyo synonymously with Nam-myoho-renge-kyo in his writings.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There is no true happiness for human beings other than chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, December 21st, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Birthday Bud! Sorry to have forgotten yours too SoCal! Happy Birthday!

Much love and deepest respect!
(I couldn't get the system to accept my posts since the one I got in on my return!)

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.