What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who believe in the Lotus Sutra are as if in winter, but winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 536) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 21st, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"To discard the shallow and seek the profound is the way of a person of courage."

(On the Buddha's Prophecy - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1,page 402) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, November 22nd, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
" 'Wherever we dwell and practise the single vehicle [the Lotus Sutra], that place will be the Capital of Eternally Tranquil Light.' From “Reply to Sairen-bo” (WND-1, 313).

"Nichiren Daishonin wrote these words while being subjected to extreme hardship in exile [on Sado Island]. The Land of Eternally Tranquil Light is not some far-off utopia. It exists here and now where we are striving for kosen-rufu with the same spirit as our mentor.

"No matter how trying the struggles we may be facing, if our resolve in faith remains unshaken in the depths of our life, then we will definitely be able to triumph over everything. Always remember that the Capital of Eternally Tranquil Light resides in that resolve."

SGI Newsletter Living the Gosho: Words of Encouragement from SGI President Ikeda, (58) Joyfully Striving Where We Are, translated Nov. 18th, 2011, from the November 5, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 345) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 23rd, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Strengthen your faith day by day and month after month. Should you slacken in your resolve even a bit, devils will take advantage."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 997) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 24th, 2011

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
how was everyones Turkey Day? must say i had a great one, cooked a 25 pounder with all the trimmings for 15 guys that sorta forgot what really matters in this crazy world, new friends, my friends are my family, my family means the world to me. posted from my phone! woo hoo! geekin' on the tech of today! gonna check out a group here next saturday, cant wait! howdy hitman how the heck are ya?

peace and love :)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"We have observed many people grow and improve themselves through the process of wanting, seeking, and striving for relative happiness in such forms as wealth, social status, health, and fame. Through strong faith, we who uphold this Buddhism that enables us to fulfil all our wishes can also achieve those desires, and doing so is proof of the power of faith. However, true and indestructible happiness is not found in relative happiness, but in absolute happiness.

"...Absolute happiness is not simply an extension or a higher degree of relative happiness. One can seem to be quite unfortunate in terms of relative happiness, but can actually have a firmly established absolute happiness. An example of this is the life-state of Nichiren Daishonin when he said: 'I feel immeasurable delight' (WND-1, 386).

"Absolute happiness is not controlled by our ever-changing external circumstances, but is a feeling of fulfilment and satisfaction at the deepest level of one's being, born from taking action to fulfil the mission and purpose that one has freely chosen in life.

"The critical thing here is that the missions and purposes we choose for ourselves need to be in accord with the eternal and unchanging Law that permeates the entire universe. Ultimately, the way to build true and absolute happiness is to awaken to one's mission for kosen-rufu and dedicate one's life to that great vow.

"When we dedicate our lives to kosen-rufu, the vast life-states of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth and the Buddha well up within us. So that even though we may be living in exile or in prison, or we may be battling illness, none of those circumstances will bother us and we'll be able to enjoy a life-state of immense joy, fulfilment, and satisfaction. That's absolute happiness."

SGI Newsletter No. 8219, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 24: Chap. 2, Vigilant Safeguarding 49, translated April 22nd, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. Do not have doubts simply because heaven does not lend you protection. Do not be discouraged because you do not enjoy an easy and secure existence in this life."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 283) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, April 23rd, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the victories today that open up the way
to the definite success of kosen-rufu "tomorrow."
Let us all be as courageous as a lion king.
Employing the strategy of the Lotus Sutra,*
let us make up our minds to win win win!

Daisaku Ikeda

"Employ the strategy of the Lotus Sutra before any other."-"The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra", WND-I, page 1001

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how was everyones Turkey Day? must say i had a great one, cooked a 25 pounder with all the trimmings for 15 guys that sorta forgot what really matters in this crazy world, new friends, my friends are my family, my family means the world to me. posted from my phone! woo hoo! geekin' on the tech of today! gonna check out a group here next saturday, cant wait! howdy hitman how the heck are ya?

peace and love :)

Hey Brother! Its always so great to hear from you!!! We had a beautiful turkey and a wonderful roast beef. I'm spoiled on the good food karma!

Sounds like you're going strong so keep that going no matter what! Good friends will always help you get to where you want to go. I'm glad you have some to help since I'm not there to do that myself.

Don't be a stranger!

Much love and deepest respect,

T :wave:

easyDaimoku

Veteran
I've been in the dumps. Had a nice turkey day, and a relaxing day yesterday, but I fell off the 24/7 kosen-rufu express (well I kinda threw myself off). I made some really fucked up causes and am feeling like I'm wandering inside the skull of a man living with regret. Its not the best place to be, but everyday I try and find someway to keep respecting the Gohonzon and chanting daimoku even if I just say it once. I haven't been chanting much for the past month and have just been feeling worse and worse spiritually which leads to every other aspect of my life.

So in one of my last posts, I wrote all the fucked up things I did, was thinking about, and didn't do, then I deleted most of the wicked languaged because I was embarrassed of myself. Sounds silly, but true. I have written so much in the past with a candid and honest prespective, but after this year where I got so close to the members and sensei's heart, it hurts that I feel like I must recuse myself from my leadership position and I did.

As a matter of fact, that's as far as I'll go in that vein today.

I hope everyone has a happy weekend. Thanks for the shout T! Thanks for the great posts everyone. I'll be sincerely seeking to find some sort of peace this weekend in front of my Gohonzon. I know I haven't been chanting enough.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Hey everybody, We went to my sisters, had a real juicy turkey off the grill, I was impressed how well the grill worked. Ann's been cooking for two days, and now is crashing...LOL

Hey Bonzo and Easy so good that you both checked in. Afro, Babba, "T" we are usually not far away if you need a close ear. We love you guys!

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Cheers Desi,
Glad to hear you had a great thanks giving,
Not something we celebrate over this side of the world though,

Peace N Love,
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Afro.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It all starts from this moment forward brother !!

Nam myoho renge kyo

The only time that actually exists is now!

You can do it! Change everything in a moment's determination and clarity. Are you Buddha or not?

We both know the answer to that question. Now or later. Either way, I know you are going to fulfill your vow. Let your faith be your guide.

It will never fail to lead you to your desired destination!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

Bonzo

Veteran
good morning!! right here right now! if i have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow im pissin' all over today, its the journey not the destination, DESI! WOO HOO HOW ARE YOU! FEELIN' THE GOOD JUJU TODAY! have a great day my friends!

nam myoho renge kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts