What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Therefore, the best way to attain Buddhahood is to encounter a good friend."

(Three Tripitaka Masters Pray for Rain - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 598) Selection source: "Suntetsu", Seikyo Shimbun, May 5th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Daishonin states,
"Though evils may be numerous, they
cannot prevail over a single great truth"*
I would like to express my utmost appreciateion
to all of our fellow members for their selfless dedication
and unceasing efforts for the sake of kosen-rufu.
Aiming towards the accomplishment
of our great vow to achieve kosen-rufu,
let us all stride together and
make monumental developments in our youth-led activities!

Daisaku Ikeda

*"Many in Body, One in Mind" - WND, Vol. I, page 618

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. Do not have doubts simply because heaven does not lend you protection. Do not be discouraged because you do not enjoy an easy and secure existence in this life."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 283) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 18th, 2011

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks for keeping the great encouragement going .. truly appreciate the positive words.
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who call themselves my disciples and practice the Lotus Sutra should all practice as I do. If they do, Shakyamuni, Many Treasures, Shakyamuni's emanations throughout the ten directions, and the ten demon daughters will protect them."

(On Establishing the Four Bodhisattvas as the Object of Devotion - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 978) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's message, Seikyo Shimbun, June 5th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a youth,
always try to have great dreams & ideals.
And constantly be working towards achieving them!
Everyone, let's try to support our young people
so that they can indeed challenge working towards a great future!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Build a network of friendship that will open a new age.

"...It can be said that the power to change society and transform the age lies in interpersonal bonds of friendship and trust."

SGI Newsletter No. 8265, Learning Is the Light That Illuminates Society, translated June 24th, 2011, from the May 9th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those who keep good friends are always youthful.
When we meet and talk with such good friends,
our joy naturally multiplies and our life condition is elevated.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The wonderful means of truly putting an end to the physical and spiritual obstacles of all living beings is none other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(The Wonderful Means of Surmounting Obstacles - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 842) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, June 26th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks for keeping the great encouragement going .. truly appreciate the positive words.
Nam myoho renge kyo

It's truly my pleasure! I live in the Land of Eternally Tranquil Light and I want everyone to join me! Thanks for being there to listen!

Let me sound like a broken record--Daimoku is the key! Without Daimoku one can never develop the fundamental life condition necessary to overcome the influence of the Devil of the Sixth Heaven.

What is this influence? It's the one that convinces us we are not Buddhas when in fact we are. Knowing that, I am one.

And so are you! :tiphat:

Much love and deepest respect,

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"No matter what happens in the course of our lives, we can be certain of ultimate victory because of the wondrous power of the Mystic Law to 'change poison into medicine.' Therefore, no matter how painful your situation might be right now, or how sick you might be, or how others might be bullying or tormenting you, you can win in the end. You can be a victor without fail. This is the heart of the Daishonin's Buddhism. It is the purpose of our Buddhist practice. In stark contrast, all the spiteful individuals who may be giving you a hard time now will reap the negative consequences of their actions in accord with the strict law of cause and effect.

"Buddhism is about showing actual proof of victory. That's why we must keep striving wholeheartedly. Let's all lead wonderful lives!"

SGI Newsletter No. 8378, from SGI President Ikeda's speech at the 34th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting, held in conjunction with the SGI General Meeting, in Tokyo, on Nov. 14th, 2009. These excerpts were featured in a video of the speech, which was shown during the 53rd Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting, held in conjunction with the SGI General Meeting, in Tokyo, on Nov. 5th, 2011. The excerpted text appeared in the Nov.13th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, the Soka Gakkai daily newspaper, translated Nov. 15th, 2011.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Because Buddhism has gradually been turned upside down, the secular world also has been plunged into corruption and chaos. Buddhism is like the body, and society like the shadow. When the body bends, so does the shadow."

(A Comparison of the Lotus and Other Sutras - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 1039) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 19th, 2011

Hitman

Chant on brothers and sisters

Chant on brothers and sisters

:artist:
Daimoku gongyo daimoku gongyo:ying: round and round like a merry go round! I hope everyone is enjoying their harvest of every gourd and root veg and strain!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Forever and ever and ever!
Like Lions chant like with courage!
Fear overcome by bravery is Courage!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:artist:
Daimoku gongyo daimoku gongyo:ying: round and round like a merry go round! I hope everyone is enjoying their harvest of every gourd and root veg and strain!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Forever and ever and ever!
Like Lions chant like with courage!
Fear overcome by bravery is Courage!

Hit!!! Another founding member of the Chanting Growers has returned! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

And Bonz popped in a short time ago. EZ, how ya doin' man? SoCal? WEIRD!!!? I Know Desi is hangin. Let's just keep holding on together Brothers and Sisters! As the years go by our legacy together grows longer!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Yet you must grit your teeth and never slacken in your faith."

(Letter to the Brothers - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 498) Selection source: "Suntetsu", Seikyo Shimbun, November 20th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Cunning and scheming don't achieve anything of lasting value. Those who strive with earnest dedication and integrity, sparing no effort in their endeavours, will definitely win in the end."

SGI Newsletter No. 8241, LIVING THE GOSHO: WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT FROM SGI PRESIDENT IKEDA, (28) Opening the Great Path to Happiness for Humanity Ten Thousand Years into the Future, translated May 27th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Facing many challenges is the great privilege of being youthful!
It's time now for us to get up and move.
By having conversations that are brimming with courage
and a strong belief in what we are talking about and doing,
let's sow seeds of hope in our friends' hearts.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Morning after morning we rise up with the Buddha, evening after evening we lie down with the Buddha."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 737, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 83) Selection source: "Yuki no Izumi", Seikyo Shimbun, May 29th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's start each and every day
by chanting the kind of strong profound daimoku
that creates victory throughout the day!
By studying the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin,
even just a single line,
let's advance brimming with hope.
Soka is the path on which we constantly create value.

Daisaku Ikeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts