What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
After Prop 19 failing yesterday.I have come to a point in my life where change is needed. I was wondering to myself “How many black breeders are there in this big global Industry? “. I am not looking into this idea halfheartedly; this morning on radio they reported that about 4% (black Americans) voted in yesterday’s Election Day. I want this to be a wake up call to many we need to spread the word...... Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Damn it Weird, THAT WAS ONE OF MY NOMINATIONS FOR POST OF THE YEAR! WOW! I'm on the same page as you and doing my best everyday to keep me head above water. Thank you for laying that out there for us. I know it took a bit of time, but the investment really cashed in big on my end.

Much love you to my brother!

FOREST!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN. My formula: Chant, Action, Chant, Action, Chant, Action, Chant, Action!!!! Please make sure to keep doing your Gongyo everyday, you're on a roll! Maybe at your local meetings you could find some other like minded friends as I continuously do!

WOW, thanks for giving me the rocket fuel I needed my friends... now its my turn to share....

E

EasyMyohoDisco

- TO MY FRIENDS --
The path to victory unfolds through the courage of
one individual who stands up fearlessly
in the face of hardships and obstacles!
It is you who I am counting on, my friend, to stand up resolutely!
It is you who I am counting on to be the driving force for kosen-rufu
!

Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"What does Bodhisattva Never Disparaging's profound respect for people signify? The purpose of the appearance in this world of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being."
(The Three Kinds of Treasure - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 852)
Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 2nd, 2010

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"Why do we practise the Daishonin's Buddhism? We practise in order to build an unshakable self, like a towering mountain, so that we can fearlessly surmount all hardships and struggles. This is what it means to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime. However, in the Latter Day that is rife with negative influences, it's nearly impossible to carry out our Buddhist practice successfully just by ourselves.

"The Daishonin states: 'When a tree has been transplanted, though fierce winds may blow, it will not topple if it has a firm stake to hold it up....Even a feeble person will not stumble if those supporting him are strong, but a person of considerable strength, when alone, may fall down on an uneven path' (WND-1, 598). Having good friends who support us is essential to upholding correct faith to the very end and leading lives of genuine victory. The Soka Gakkai is a realm of good friends of the kind described by the Daishonin."

SGI Newsletter No. 8097, YOUTH AND THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN, Advancing with the Spirit of 'Many in Body, One in Mind'--Part 2 [of 2], from the June 19th, 2010, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Oct. 28th, 2010

* The Japanese kanji for To My Friends & Daily Gosho is available by clicking on Seikyo Shimbun's web-site address at
http://www.sokanet.jp/sg/sn/member_support_top.html

--- WAGATOMO NI OKURU ---
SHORI O HIRAKU NO WA
KUNAN NADO OSORENU
YUKI ARU HITORI DA!
KIMI YO KETSUZEN TO TATE!
KOFU NO GENDORYOKU TARE!

-- KYO NO GOSHO --
"FUKYO BOSATSU NO HITO O UYAMAISHI WA IKANARU KOTOZO KYOSHU SHAKUSON NO SHUSSE NO HONKAI WA HITO NO FURUMAI NITE SORAIKERUZO"
(Gosho Zenshu, page 1174
)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Chant Then Take ACTION, Chant Then Take ACTION, Chant Then Take ACTION!!!!

Chant Then Take ACTION, Chant Then Take ACTION, Chant Then Take ACTION!!!!

November 3, 2010

The path of culture is
the path of friendship and trust.
It is the path of peace and prosperity.
Therein lies the essential, supreme path
upon which we advance. (To my friends from Prez Ikeda)

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Wednesday, November 3, 2010:
Buddhism places the highest value on human rights and seeks to ensure that human rights are respected. In caring for just one person, one tries to thoroughly protect and do everything he can for that person. One who respects and embraces the children of the Buddha in this way is a truly capable person and a true leader.

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Wednesday, November 3, 2010:
The Lotus Sutra is a scripture to be practiced. Its teachings are meant to be put into action. Our faith and study of Buddhist doctrine are enhanced and given life through actual practice. Nichiren Buddhism is not a teaching of quiet contemplation and meditation; it is a teaching of action. Failing to translate the teachings of Buddhism into action is to go against Buddhism's fundamental spirit.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Your boils have resulted from only one offense—slandering the correct teaching. The Mystic Law you now embrace surpasses the moon-loving meditation. How could your boils possibly not be healed and your life span not extended?"

On Curing Karmic Disease (The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 634
)

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Wow what an amazing last few posts, ive got shit loads to read and catch up to when i get time, Did my job trial yesterday went great, the place seems to love me :D,

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Don't ever think anything less about yourself. YOU ARE THE BUDDHA!

Don't ever think anything less about yourself. YOU ARE THE BUDDHA!

Thursday, November 4, 2010:

The purpose of faith is to become happy. I hope all of you will take this sure path to happiness, never wandering onto byroads that lead to unhappiness. Please walk the great path of kosen-rufu with confidence and pride.

There he goes again! President Ikeda pointing out that humanity is always progressing one step at a time towards kosen-rufu! I'm so happy our general assembly on this site, or group of worldwide peace enthusiasts through our compassionate hearts is really embracing such greatness. No where on the internet have I been able to find such a dynamic and comfortable place I can call my e-home.

Fuck the feds or google who monitor my posts and internet viewing. I am here and proud to be an American Chanting Grower. Although, everything on the medication front in on hold for a while, I'm coping with daimoku and faith. Faith is the foundation and the intended results will only be to sustain this faith for the rest of my. Faith in the Gohonzon was hard to put into place because I had no faith in myself. Helping me achieve this has been this thread.

As I continue to check in, please know that the last couple month have been very hard indeed. I have not been able to post as much as I would like and have only been attending meetings in my house on mondays (all of you are always invited), but I'm not retreating. In fact, I'm doing my best to overcome adversity in my workplace and creating a great environment for life long happiness where I sit as I write this to you.

Thank you for being a part of this and if you are new, continue to post and participate. There are so many gems within this thread that if you can even read a tenth or hundredth of this thread you life will surely blossom like never before. Empowerment could have been another title of this thread because through the power of this thread we empower ourselves to continuously win and achieve amazing feats. Follow the guidance as it applies to you and I will continue to do the same thing. Let's overcome all suffering and make sure that we continue this amazing movement of shakubuku and unity throughout the entire world.

All my best,
MyohoDisco!!!!!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

A tough day behind me and great encouragement to begin a fresh start tomorrow...

A tough day behind me and great encouragement to begin a fresh start tomorrow...

Thursday, November 4th, 2010
-- TO MY FRIENDS --
Our SGI is the eternal pillar for the cause of world peace.
It is the great ship that helps guide the cultures of the human race.
It is the essential backbone in the education of the world.
All eyes are on our magnificent castle of great talent and capable people.

Thursday, November 4th, 2010
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens ."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681)
Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 4th, 2010

Friday, November 5th, 2010
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"Because we are attending the foremost gathering of good friends, it's only natural that we feel energy welling forth from within. We are all good friends, each striving to do our human revolution.

"In 'On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land,' the Daishonin writes: 'You have associated with a friend in the orchid room and have become as straight as mugwort growing among hemp' (WND-1, 23). Our fellow members are 'friends in the orchid room' -- people of virtue who are positive influences. Our harmonious community of practitioners itself abounds with the power to awaken and enhance people's innate goodness."
SGI Newsletter No. 8097, YOUTH AND THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN, Advancing with the Spirit of 'Many in Body, One in Mind'--Part 2 [of 2], from the June 19th, 2010, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Oct. 28th, 2010

* The Japanese kanji for To My Friends & Daily Gosho is available by clicking on Seikyo Shimbun's web-site address at
http://www.sokanet.jp/sg/sn/member_support_top.html

--- WAGATOMO NI OKURU ---
WARERA SOKA GAKKAI WA
EIEN NO HEIWA NO HASHIRA!
JINRUI NO BUNKA NO DAISEN!
SEKAI NO KYOIKU NO GANMOKU!
MIYO YO DODO NO JINZAIJO O.

-- KYO NO GOSHO --
"KU OBA KU TO SATORI RAKU OBA RAKU TO HIRAKI KURAKU TOMONI OMOIAWASETE NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO TO UCHITONAE ISASETAMAE"
(Gosho Zenshu, page 1143)

------------------------------------

If you have a friend(s) who would like to get To My Friends directly get them to send an E-mail to the following address
subscribe@yahoogroups.co.uk and just simply write - "subscribe": SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo-from there on it is all automatic!

ALSO if you want to introduce a friend to the SGI but just don't know where to start, share with them the following address and they can read and watch some very well put together explanations about the SGI. Check it out yourself!

http://www.sgi.org/

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
Yes a very good morning it is
Babba's are in the middle of harvest and working hard :)
Nam myoho renge kyo

Wilson!

Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Daily Wisdom
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Sunday, November 7, 2010:

I knew from the outset that, if I set aside my fears and declared things exactly as they are, I would be sentenced to death. And even if I should escape the death penalty, I would surely be condemned to exile. So great is the debt of gratitude I owe the Buddha, however, that I have not let others intimidate me, but have spoken out.

Buddhism Day by Day

True ease and comfort are not found in a quiet, uneventful life. This may sound paradoxical, but hardships bring about ease and comfort. For only by establishing strong individual lives capable of boldly challenging difficult obstacles can we find true "peace and security in this lifetime," as the Lotus Sutra says.

For Today and Tomorrow

Throughout his life, Shakyamuni encouraged people with his clear, sonorous voice. A Buddhist text describes how Shakyamuni warmheartedly welcomed everyone he met, expressing his joy at seeing them. He showed affection, joy and gentleness in all his interactions. He greeted everyone with courtesy and respect. He never scowled or grimaced. And to put others at ease and encourage them to speak up, Shakyamuni would always break the ice by initiating the conversation. It was the power of Shakyamuni's eloquence and sincerity that made it possible for Buddhism to gain wide acceptance among the people of his time.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Nam myoho renge kyo
Havn't been on in a couple days been busy working :D, got this job pretty dam stoked :D.
Nam myoho renge kyo

All have a good day

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Good Morning

I had the privilege & pleasure of chanting in front of a Gohonzon last night with some fellow chanters

really feel my energy turn into action this morning after feeling inexplicably "stuck" this whole week

this morning I chant with renewed faith, simple faith that humanity as well as our own beings are meant to reach our fullest potential, and this fullest potential in humanistic terms is peace and harmony among us all.

I hope you find this peace and harmony in yourselves in abundance so that it may radiate from you, effecting all those that you may encounter

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Daily Wisdom
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

I knew from the outset that, if I set aside my fears and declared things exactly as they are, I would be sentenced to death. And even if I should escape the death penalty, I would surely be condemned to exile. So great is the debt of gratitude I owe the Buddha, however, that I have not let others intimidate me, but have spoken out.

Buddhism Day by Day

True ease and comfort are not found in a quiet, uneventful life. This may sound paradoxical, but hardships bring about ease and comfort. For only by establishing strong individual lives capable of boldly challenging difficult obstacles can we find true "peace and security in this lifetime," as the Lotus Sutra says.

For Today and Tomorrow

Throughout his life, Shakyamuni encouraged people with his clear, sonorous voice. A Buddhist text describes how Shakyamuni warmheartedly welcomed everyone he met, expressing his joy at seeing them. He showed affection, joy and gentleness in all his interactions. He greeted everyone with courtesy and respect. He never scowled or grimaced. And to put others at ease and encourage them to speak up, Shakyamuni would always break the ice by initiating the conversation. It was the power of Shakyamuni's eloquence and sincerity that made it possible for Buddhism to gain wide acceptance among the people of his time.

That's the kind of breakfast I needed! (I know it's late, but I haven't eaten yet)......thank you Mr. Wilson!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Good Morning

I had the privilege & pleasure of chanting in front of a Gohonzon last night with some fellow chanters

really feel my energy turn into action this morning after feeling inexplicably "stuck" this whole week

this morning I chant with renewed faith, simple faith that humanity as well as our own beings are meant to reach our fullest potential, and this fullest potential in humanistic terms is peace and harmony among us all.

I hope you find this peace and harmony in yourselves in abundance so that it may radiate from you, effecting all those that you may encounter

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The pleasure was all mine! Wow, the connection through daimoku and a friendship from the infinite past reconnecting was a memorable moment indeed. Due to the huge stride forward we took together in faith last night, the way for kosen-rufu is opening up! I'm convinced that no matter what happens we will continue to unite in faith and change the destiny of our lives through human revolution in such a positive way.

Today I woke up and my boiler was out. I'm the audio video guy for kosen-rufu gongyo and had to be there no matter what so after the issue at home I raced there and got a ticket on the way! The cop was cool because I was in such a positive and great mood. We setup for the meeting and came back home to accept the super expensive repairman. Everything is great and I laughed in the face of the devil of the sixth heaven. He attacked my good friend last night who suffered an anxiety attack after not smoking for a week and then puffing again. The guy just couldnt handle it and broke down, I saw him snap back, but the anxiety issues need daimoku. He's been slacking in his chanting is what he told me today over the phone after his episode. I chanted all day and will keep doing so. I got a meeting tomorrow and everyone is invited!

Let's make sure we totally keep going forward and chant with strength and honor. Daimoku everyday my friends! Weird is definitely a Chanting Grower :) WOW, I'm so happy and impressed with our collective progress. Nothing can stop us! Let's keep winning.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I would like to add an extra set of chants with some very definitive spirit behind it

I know there are many of us chanters and people who have interest that are all being beset by woe so this is for you and all those who's lives i may have touched

that joy will fill your hearts, for the devil of the sixth heaven has no place in the heart of those whose are firmly rooted in faith and cannot conquer the happiness that is nam myoho renge kyo

nam myoho renge kyo

nam myoho renge kyo

nam myoho renge kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.