Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Link to Chanting Daimoku and Gongyo

Link to Chanting Daimoku and Gongyo

Hello all,

Stumbled on a nice link for those of you that would like to hear the chant of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo (Daimoku) and hearing Gongyo done also. This constitutes what most Nichiren Buddhists due in their daily practice. Several different choices at the speed you desire and very helpful if you do not have others available to chant and learn from. (but doing it with others is the best; imo)

http://www.americangongyo.org/index.php

It also has Gongyo translations pdf's in English, Int'l English and Spanish.

Additional bonus, go to the photo section and you can see a few early pics of Ted Osaki. He was an incredible man and I was very fortunate to practice very close with him for several years when he was in SoCal.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Have a great weekend!!! :wave:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

What does this passage means?. It means that SGI cannot accomplish Kosen Rufu as a Lay believers on its own and create their own "new heritage" with the three presidents by themselves placing the emphasis on the connection to the mentor instead of the Gohonzon of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, cutting themselves off from and condemning the very priests and lay believers, who associate with them, who have been practicing and maintaining Nichiren Buddhism for the past 7 centuries plus.

The meaning of the passage that states that "as a matter of course will naturally conform to its intent" means that all practitioners who chant the daimoku whether they practice with the SGI or with the priests including the priests themselves are respect worthy just for the fact that they chant the daimoku. The question remains to be asked: what does it mean to chant the daimoku and conform to its intent? we would have to say that the intent springs from the passage declaring that the Lotus Sutra (hence the Gohonzon of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo) to be foremost among all the sutras the Buddha“ has preached, now preaches, and will preach.

If any practitioner, whether a priest or lay believer, who fails to place the Gohonzon of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to be supreme and foremost and instead places his/her relationship on a mentor, this priest or lay believer destroys the intent and heart of the Lotus Sutra.

pb
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aren't you still practicing in the SGI? No wonder you have so many issues with Leadership! Holy smokes man, the SGI is the only organization fully committed to worldwide kosen-rufu and you are bashing its mechanics and still a part of it? I appreciate President Ikeda's guidance and it enables me to encourage others to read the Goshos and to continuing living with a seeking spirit. If your intent is divisive and counter productive to the SGI movement in the USA then in my humble opinion I think you're going way overboard and planting seeds with bad genes my man.

You just posted about the 14 slanders and now you're basically insinuating the SGI will not accomplish kosen-rufu. Creating Disunity in the Buddhist order is a grave sin as you recently posted. I think you're totally wrong if that is the intention behind your words. I sincerely hope I'm misinterpreting your words. Do you have any idea what the Head Priest in Washington DC is talking about these days? Read the latest courageous hearts newletter if your still in the SGI because that Priest from the Nichiren Shoshu temple is bashing Christains, Muslims and Jews. Gimme a break my man, you can't be serious about what you're posting unless you attempting to cause other chanting growers to harbor doubts.

These Temple folks became super arrogant and ultra corrupt by 1991 and even destroyed the Shohondo! Did you also contribute towards building that amazing structure that these priests uprooted out of rage and jealously because they don't do shakubuku and are committed to retaining their supremecy over lay believers? Did you read the Untold Story of the Fuji School are is this just from your personal experience.

I think the first paragraph i quoted from you is riddled with bullshit ("new hertitage" is a misinterpretation) because it is at best an incomplete truth. PLEEASE Don't try and manipulate chanting growers against practicing in the SGI because that is the worst cause you could ever make on this thread in my humble opinion.

Please explain further because you really upset me with your words. They seem to be untrue and manipulative...

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Hey Bud! Whats up brother!

Socal, thanks so much for the great link :) You're my myohobrother for life! Love you brotherman!

PB, Please respond when you get a chance to my post, I really need clarification because you really said some things that threw me for a loop!

Weird, big hug to you my dear brother! Let's chant together soon :)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please chant for my dad! He's been told there is nothing they can do. His heart is giving out. This has been a very difficult time for me.

I apologize for my absence.

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

pb4ugo

Aren't you still practicing in the SGI? No wonder you have so many issues with Leadership! Holy smokes man, the SGI is the only organization fully committed to worldwide kosen-rufu and you are bashing its mechanics and still a part of it? I appreciate President Ikeda's guidance and it enables me to encourage others to read the Goshos and to continuing living with a seeking spirit. If your intent is divisive and counter productive to the SGI movement in the USA then in my humble opinion I think you're going way overboard and planting seeds with bad genes my man.

You just posted about the 14 slanders and now you're basically insinuating the SGI will not accomplish kosen-rufu. Creating Disunity in the Buddhist order is a grave sin as you recently posted. I think you're totally wrong if that is the intention behind your words. I sincerely hope I'm misinterpreting your words. Do you have any idea what the Head Priest in Washington DC is talking about these days? Read the latest courageous hearts newletter if your still in the SGI because that Priest from the Nichiren Shoshu temple is bashing Christains, Muslims and Jews. Gimme a break my man, you can't be serious about what you're posting unless you attempting to cause other chanting growers to harbor doubts.

These Temple folks became super arrogant and ultra corrupt by 1991 and even destroyed the Shohondo! Did you also contribute towards building that amazing structure that these priests uprooted out of rage and jealously because they don't do shakubuku and are committed to retaining their supremecy over lay believers? Did you read the Untold Story of the Fuji School are is this just from your personal experience.

I think the first paragraph i quoted from you is riddled with bullshit ("new hertitage" is a misinterpretation) because it is at best an incomplete truth. PLEEASE Don't try and manipulate chanting growers against practicing in the SGI because that is the worst cause you could ever make on this thread in my humble opinion.

Please explain further because you really upset me with your words. They seem to be untrue and manipulative...

My understanding is based on what I read in the Gosho. You seem to have an emotional reaction and do not realize that Kosen Rufu cannot be achieved by perpetuating a dispute for over 20 years that has nothing to do with regards to correct faith these days and is based on emotionalism and loyalty. It all boils down to who is correct and who is incorrect in the light of Nichiren's admonitions conveyed in his writings to include Nikko's 26th admonitions. Since I am looking at things from the view point of correct teaching and incorrect teaching 20 years later and make my observation based on reading the Gosho, versus what is happening in both camps today, it is only a matter of time that you will find out that Kosen Rufu can only be established in the correct manner when both priests and lay believers adhere to the teaching of Nichiren Daishonin based on the Gosho, not based on which camp you are presently practice with, no matter how many shakubuku SGI accomplishes.

When those who chant the Daimoku live the words of the Gosho with their lives based on correct faith and hold the Three Treasures of the Latter Day of the Law as foremost, they more likely will prevail and survive the dreadful times we about to enter after Sensei closes his eyes in the next few years. If we who chant the Daimoku, being disciples of Nichiren, continue in a smear campaign and do not rely on the Law instead of person(s) and do not base our conviction on the correct teaching in the light of the Gosho, one group will definitely is going to perish and it may not be the priests.

You have questions whether I am an SGI member or not. Well, I am! But I am quite concern over the direction that SGI is taking today 20 years later. If you do not see it, it is because you have not been long enough to investigate, study, observe and live by the principals written in the Gosho.

If you feel that my observation hinder your efforts to lead anyone here to the “correct teaching” as long it is the SGI, I will refrain from continuing to post on this board. There are enough zealous people in SGI that read the Human Revolution instead of the Gosho and do not base their conviction on their faith in the Gohonzon of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. I am not one of them!

I humbly accept any challenge you may see to be cleared based on what I have written in regards to correct faith to any issue you may seem to be in question. Emotionalism has no place in clarifying the truth in faith.
pb

pb4ugo

PTD,
Sorry to hear this news,
I will include him in my prayers and chant for him not to suffer.

what is your father's name?

pb

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So sorry PTD
Your father is now in our daily Daimoku. Of course your whole family are always in my chants !!
Nam myoho renge kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your dad, T. I will chant for D. I am very fortunate to know him. He is a really good man.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
PTD,

Friend, I feel for you greatly since I know the place you are in.

I will chant for your father and his son and all those that know him

I will chant for you faith to be strengthened at this time, that it would remove the fear of the unknown and let you be there remain courageous.

I will also chant that wisdom fills you, reminds you that your father will remain in you, that the existence of all things that makes him so special, his love, compassion, wisdom and faith are all indeed an inheritance you have received, may continue to treasure, and have the ability to share.

for you and your father Thomas in deepest reverence and respect,

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From a translation of "Words of the Week", by President Ikeda, published in the Seikyo Shimbun.

September 20th-26th, 2010
---- WORDS OF THE WEEK ----
Each of our "Many Treasures" group members,
our SGI's pioneers and seniors in faith,
are endowed with the great wealth of the treasures of the heart.
Let us always make sure to tell each and every one of them
how so much we appreciate what they have done for us
and let's never forget to treat them with respect!
With a youthful spirit, together with them,
let's all advance along the golden path of
'eternity, happiness, true self, and purity'.*

*four virtues - Four noble qualities of a Buddha's life - eternity, happiness, true self, and purity. These describe the true nature of a Buddha's life, which is pure and eternal, and which manifests the true self and enjoys absolute happiness. Because ordinary people possess the Buddha nature, they too can develop the four virtues
when they attain Buddhahood by fulfilling the Buddha's teachings.

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I'll make sure to also send your dad Daimoku my brother as I do for you everyday.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

My understanding is based on what I read in the Gosho. You seem to have an emotional reaction and do not realize that Kosen Rufu cannot be achieved by perpetuating a dispute for over 20 years that has nothing to do with regards to correct faith these days and is based on emotionalism and loyalty. It all boils down to who is correct and who is incorrect in the light of Nichiren's admonitions conveyed in his writings to include Nikko's 26th admonitions. Since I am looking at things from the view point of correct teaching and incorrect teaching 20 years later and make my observation based on reading the Gosho, versus what is happening in both camps today, it is only a matter of time that you will find out that Kosen Rufu can only be established in the correct manner when both priests and lay believers adhere to the teaching of Nichiren Daishonin based on the Gosho, not based on which camp you are presently practice with, no matter how many shakubuku SGI accomplishes.

When those who chant the Daimoku live the words of the Gosho with their lives based on correct faith and hold the Three Treasures of the Latter Day of the Law as foremost, they more likely will prevail and survive the dreadful times we about to enter after Sensei closes his eyes in the next few years. If we who chant the Daimoku, being disciples of Nichiren, continue in a smear campaign and do not rely on the Law instead of person(s) and do not base our conviction on the correct teaching in the light of the Gosho, one group will definitely is going to perish and it may not be the priests.

You have questions whether I am an SGI member or not. Well, I am! But I am quite concern over the direction that SGI is taking today 20 years later. If you do not see it, it is because you have not been long enough to investigate, study, observe and live by the principals written in the Gosho.

If you feel that my observation hinder your efforts to lead anyone here to the “correct teaching” as long it is the SGI, I will refrain from continuing to post on this board. There are enough zealous people in SGI that read the Human Revolution instead of the Gosho and do not base their conviction on their faith in the Gohonzon of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. I am not one of them!

I humbly accept any challenge you may see to be cleared based on what I have written in regards to correct faith to any issue you may seem to be in question. Emotionalism has no place in clarifying the truth in faith.
pb

I became very emotion because your understanding is in accordance with your continued message which is truly an exaggerated and egotistical theory of the current state of events in the Nichiren Buddhist world. You seem to be hurt and in my humble opinion are desperately attempting to influence disunity within the SGI. WHY? This thread is on an open forum and you can continue to spread your message, but I will definitely add my piece if your gonna continue to adamantly force this issue. I used to post just like you even at the start of this year, but you may not know about that since your posts are Your understanding of the Goshos and not really articulate to the 820 pages before your advent on this thread. Do you speak up if you hear something wrong or just save it for the thread?

This thread includes multiple references and thoroughly examined this Temple Issue/M&D Issue and added various resolutions which created documented resolutions and understandings based on the Goshos and not your perceived desire to wipe away the SGI the organization you state your alignment with. Are you trying to start a smear campaign against the same organization you are a member of? (That's pretty lame my man if that's the case) and I don't want you to quit, but will certainly refute anything I believe to be incorrect and a obstacle towards helping others attain Buddhahood in the lifetime. As you know cause and effect is absolute and the causes you make by planting seeds of doubt in the minds and hearts of others will only serve to hinder other people from practicing correctly including ourselves.

If you wanna advocate directing icmag members to go to a temple and chant then again I will refute you. I like much of what you say but I don't want you to start spreading some dogmatic mumbo jumbo that if I followed then I doubt I would still be obtaining benefit from my practice. The proof is in the pudding and I don't like the taste in my mouth after reading your response or your original post again. We gotta find solutions and not create unity in our communities and not feed into the fundamental darkness in our lives.

Besides the temple split doesnt apply to me, I've only joined in this decade. All the people shakubukued off this thread don't participate in the temple activities because we are not welcomed as SGI members. Remember the Temple "excommunicated you" Micha... How the fuck could anyone excommunicate our Buddhanature from us! That alone is enough to keep me en garde with those folks.

Those who hold grudges suffer and if that's the case with you let it go and support the youth like me. Give me a chance to be the leader and make things right Micha. Don't be so greedy and obstruct the way for me to continue enabling people to become happy. This Buddhism works and the SGI is paving the way in the USA. In Brazil the Nichiren Shoshu Temple has been expelled from the country.

Last time I checked there are 13 million SGI members. I'm not sure about the Temple, but a lady from the temple who has been chanting with me says they have no youth division at their meetings, no encouragement unless the Priest interprets the Gosho or does a ceremony for them. She tells me that in their publications they slander the sgi and she asked me if it was true that President Ikeda's son died on 9/11. This lady has told me horror stories about the Priest in the temple and she still stayed with them out of fear.

This ladies outlook on life has drastically improved and she is so surprised and encouraged that me and my friends read Goshos and vigorously study. She said we also chant much more daimoku than at their meetings. The gongyo in the SGI is quicker and there is still a silent prayer for Nikko and Nichimoku Shonin. Seriously Micha, give me a break and get real. How are you enabling me to do more shakubuku by trying to emulate a very narrow and negative understanding of what has kept me clean and constantly improving for 5 + years.

I don't want you to quit, but I would appreciate more clarity because you are still painting a hateful setting that is so far from reality! With a greater understanding comes a greater responsibility, you are my senior in faith - but did you chant before you posted the last two posts I referenced? Please know I would love to talk to you directly and chant with you about this. The Gohonzon's mercy is limitless.

Last edited:

pb4ugo

Gosho Passage for today Saturday September 25th, 2010

Gosho Passage for today Saturday September 25th, 2010

Daily Wisdom
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Saturday, September 25, 2010:

"Ever since I began to study the Law handed down from Shakyamuni Buddha and undertook the practice of the Buddhist teachings, I have believed it is most important to understand one's obligations to others, and made it my first duty to repay such debts of kindness. In this world, we owe four debts of gratitude. One who understands this is worthy to be called human, while one who does not is no more than an animal."

Passage from: "Conversation between a Sage and an Unenlightened Man"
Recipient unknown; written in 1265

Background segments from WND v.1 p. 134-136

This treatise is generally thought to have been written in the second year of Bun’ei (1265)...
...The treatise consists of two parts and is written chiefly in question-and- answer form. The “sage” in the title indicates the votary of the Lotus Sutra, or Nichiren Daishonin himself, while the “unenlightened man” represents all ordinary people of the Latter Day of the Law. In the first part, the unenlightened man, who has realized life’s impermanence and is seeking the truth, is visited in succession by a priest of the Precepts school, a lay believer of the Pure Land school, a practitioner of the True Word school, and a priest of the Zen school. Through their conversations, the Daishonin outlines the basic tenets of these four major Buddhist schools of his day...

...The title Conversation between a Sage and an Unenlightened Man refers to the subsequent dialogue that unfolds between them. The unenlightened man confesses that, although he has learned the teachings of the Precepts, Nembutsu, True Word, and Zen schools, he cannot determine whether or not those teachings are true. In reply, the sage declares that the doctrines of all four schools are the cause for rebirth in the evil paths, because they are based on provisional teachings, while only the true teaching, the Lotus Sutra, enables all people without exception to attain Buddhahood...

...By this time, the unenlightened man has become convinced of the truth of the Lotus Sutra. But he hesitates to embrace it out of considerations of loyalty and filial piety; he points out that everyone from the ruler on down to the common people has faith in other schools, and his own parents and ancestors embraced the Pure Land teachings. The sage replies that one can best repay one’s debts of gratitude to one’s parents and sovereign by embracing the correct Buddhist teaching and thus leading them to salvation. Next, one should evaluate the Buddhist teachings on their own merits and not according to the number of their adherents...

...The unenlightened man now having resolved to embrace the Lotus Sutra, the sage reveals to him that the essence of the sutra lies in the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo that form its title. Myoho-renge-kyo, he explains, is the Buddha nature inherent in all beings. When one chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the Buddha nature inherent in all things will be summoned forth, and one’s own Buddha nature will simultaneously emerge.

My Understanding of the Passage:

The common and conventional civil gratitude to one parents teachers and country has been observed since antiquity till today so we may be distinguished as human from beasts. However Nichiren conveys precisely that, as human beings, to have gratitude to our parents teachers and country is to lead them to the correct teaching by embracing the correct teaching ourselves.

It is among the Buddha's disciples that the correct teaching can be destroyed and cause many to be lead astray. In Nichiren's lifetime the entire Japanese people were adhering to the provisional teachings even though they had been practicing the Buddha's teaching. However Nichiren was pointing out throughout his life the mistakes of those prominent teachers who lead the people astray by revealing what was the correct teaching hidden in the Lotus Sutra, Nichiren states that his gratitude to his teacher, parents and country displayed by leading them away from denouncing the Lotus Sutra and adharing to Nichiren who is trying to awaken them to their errors for if they continue in such fashion they are all bound and doomed to the pain and suffering in this life and in lifetime after lifetime.

This goes also for us who are practicing the true teaching today. it is very difficult to discern among the practitioners of Nichiren adherents, who claim to be Nichiren's disciples, who is really practicing the teaching correct as Nichiren taught without the slightest deviation.

It is indispensable for all of us to base our conviction on the Buddha's mind and the Buddha's mind is expressed nowhere else other than in the Gosho conveying the spirit of the Buddha of the Later day of the Law Nichiren. So when practitioners practice this teaching together focusing on what Nichiren taught, it is by following the Law, not the interpretations of people or "teachers that think they have attained what the really did not attained", then one has the chance not to be misguided when it comes to the correct teaching and so we may attain the purpose of correct practice and secure our awakening to our eternal enlightenment as Buddhas inherent in our lives.

pb
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Link to the page
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 122

Segment...

...Then the unenlightened man said: “Listening to the teachings and admonitions of a sage like you, I find that the misunderstandings I have labored under in recent days are all suddenly dispelled. It is as though inherent wisdom had awakened within me. When right and wrong are made so clear, who could fail to take faith? (Unenlightened man acknowledgment to Nichiren)

“And yet, when I look at the world around me, I find that, from the supreme ruler on down to the numberless common people, all place deep trust in the Nembutsu, True Word, Zen, and Precepts teachings. Since I have been born in this land, how could I go against the example of the ruler? (Unenlightened man loyalty to the status quo question)

“Moreover, my parents and ancestors all put their faith in the principles of the Nembutsu and other teachings, and in that faith they ended their lives and vanished into the clouds of the other world.

“Here in Japan, there are, to be sure, a great many people, both eminent and humble. Yet, while those who adhere to the provisional teachings and the schools based upon them are numerous, I have yet to hear the name of a single individual who puts faith in the teachings that you have been explaining. Therefore, leaving aside the question of which teachings will lead to good places in the next life and which will lead to bad ones, and not attempting to inquire which teachings are true and which false, we find that the five thousand or seven thousand volumes of the Buddhist scriptures and the three thousand or more volumes of the Confucian and Taoist writings all emphasize the importance of obeying the orders of the ruler and complying with the wishes of one’s parents. (Unenlightened man loyalty to the status quo)

“In India, Shakyamuni, the lord of teachings, expounded the principles of carrying out filial conduct and repaying one’s obligations, and in China, Confucius set forth the way of giving loyal service to the ruler and honoring one’s parents as filial offspring should. Persons who are determined to repay the debt of gratitude they owe to their teachers would not hesitate to slice off a piece of their own flesh or cast their bodies away. Among those who were aware of the debt of gratitude they owed to their lords, Hung Yen cut open his stomach, and Yü Jang fell on his sword. And among those who were truly mindful of their obligations to their parents, Ting Lan fashioned a wooden image of his deceased mother, and Han Po-yü wept [upon realizing how feeble his aged mother had become] when she beat him with her staff. Though Confucianism, Brahmanism, and Buddhism all differ in their doctrines, they are alike in teaching one to repay debts of kindness and give thanks for favors received. (the Unenlightened man site the common loyalty and gratitude that prevail in Chinese antiquity to prove the status quo)

“Thus, if I were to be the first one to place faith in a doctrine that neither the ruler, my teacher, nor my parents put faith in, I would surely be guilty of the charge of turning against them, would I not? At the same time, the passages from the sutras that you have quoted make perfectly clear the truth of this doctrine, and all my doubts about it have been resolved. And if I do not prepare myself for the life hereafter, then in my next existence I will find myself submerged in suffering. Whether I try to go forward or to retreat, my way is beset by difficulties. What am I to do?” (the Unenlightened man concerns if he to betray his family and teachers he'll be charged in going against them. But he on the other hand, states that the passages from the lotus Sutra make sense and if he to go against them he'll find himself submerged in suffering and difficulty either way and being puzzled)

The sage replied: “You understand this doctrine, and yet you can say a thing like that. Have you failed to comprehend the logic of the matter? Or is it simply beyond your understanding??

“Ever since I began to study the Law handed down from Shakyamuni Buddha and undertook the practice of the Buddhist teachings, I have believed it is most important to understand one’s obligations to others, and made it my first duty to repay such debts of kindness. In this world, we owe four debts of gratitude. One who understands this is worthy to be called human, while one who does not is no more than an animal.

“As I wish to assist my father and mother to a better life in their next existence and repay the debt that I owe to my country, I am willing to lay down my life, simply because I understand the debt that I owe them and for no other reason. (Nichiren acknowledges that indeed he owes the debt of gratitude to the country and his family)

“Now let me ask you to close your eyes, still your mind, and apply your thoughts to the logic of the matter. If, knowing the best path, one sees one’s parents or sovereign taking an evil path, can one fail to admonish them? If a fool, crazed with wine, is about to drink poison, can one, knowing this, not try to stop him? In the same way, if one understands the truth of the Buddhist teachings and knows the sufferings of fire, blood, and swords,79 can one fail to lament at seeing someone to whom one owes a debt of gratitude about to fall into the evil paths? Rather one should cast away one’s body and lay down one’s life in an effort to save such a person. One will never grow weary of admonishing him, nor will there be limits to one’s grief. (here Nichiren in his rational mind convey that if we are knowingly see that our parents and sovereign taking an evil path and fail to admonish them is the precisely because one owes the debt of gratitude that one help to prevent them from disastrous ending and correct their mistaken views and lead them to the correct teaching.)

“The sufferings that meet our eyes in this present world are lamentable enough. How much more lamentable are those that one will encounter on the long road of death! How can we fail to be pained at the thought of it? A thing to be boundlessly feared is the life hereafter; a matter of greatest concern is the existence to come. (the outcome of such slander of the Law in the afterlife is the most dreadful)

“And yet you say that, without inquiring into what is right and what is wrong, you will follow your parents’ orders; without attempting to determine what is correct and what is erroneous, you will obey the words of the sovereign. To a fool, such conduct may appear to be loyal and filial, but in the opinion of a wise person, there can be no greater disloyalty, no greater departure from filial piety. (and based on what is correct and incorrect one sets in his mind to ignore the warning and obey the words of erroneous teachers who are being supported by the sovereign? Nichiren asks!)

Bonzo

Veteran
In my chants T :)

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

love and respect

bonz:)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

PB- thanks for ignoring me again

PB- thanks for ignoring me again

emotionalism and loyalty... why don't you distinguish your input on the Gosho passages clearly. You are the first person on this thread to actually attempt to force others to believe your sadness. that is emotionalism from where I'm sitting, you've been so hurt that you want to manipulate others to live on the darkside and embrace a sad and lackluster view of life instead of the greatness that is Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism in America.

Gimme a break man, I'm not impressed with your response and wonder if you have these My Understandings pre-prepared so that you could influence others to align themselves with your beliefs. I'm really not buying into what you said in response to me and wonder how you could practice for so many years and still reside on a daily basis in the world of vengeance and manipulation. I was taking your posts like Gospel and now I understand better what Thomas picked up from you in the beginning. I guess it was just a matter of time before you broached the topic again and tried to bring disharmony to a thread that directs members to the SGI. If you cannot continue to advocate for the SGI - what are you really doing here?

The Soka Gakkai is so different in Japan as opposed to the USA and your local Areas and chapters encompass a huge amount of terrain and I'm curious if you still attend meetings and chant with others? You said you were at Rock the Era, do you think your message will help have another Rock the Era? If you're sore because some bruised your ego then please get over it for the sake of moving forward on the thread, but I still hope that you will clarify your position and you mentioned "sensei closes his eyes in a few years". Do you want him dead so you could feel better?

So your posts have started the latest smear campaign on this thread towards the Gohonzon and Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism by your attempt to manipulate me in a personally unfavorable way.

I read my girlfriend your post and response because she is also a member and she asked me to be as compassionate as possible to you because you are clearly hurting and sore. We have discussed this vaguely via pm and I know your history, but I still don't appreciate your dogmatic approach which essentially slanders the group you claim to be a part of. All I'm saying is please be honest and clear with your intention as someone who's been reading your posts from the beginning and asking for more, I hope you understand I also represent those who don't post but read this thread.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thankyou Easy
I never concern myself with what the "priest" are up to as there are no"priest" in my practice. I joined the SGI... we have no "priest". I dont believe this all fits into this thread though.... so lets go forward with encouragement for the here and now. It all starts from here.
Nam myoho renge kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.