What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"At first only Nichiren chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, but then two, three, and a hundred followed, chanting and teaching others."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 385) Selection source: "Koe", Seikyo Shimbun, November 13th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"While all of us who practise the Daishonin's Buddhism embrace faith in the same Lotus Sutra (the Mystic Law) and Gohonzon, it is the strength of our faith that determines the outcome. The stronger the faith we summon, the greater the benefits we will experience and the more expansive and fulfilled the life-state we will achieve.

"...Throughout his writings, the Daishonin calls on his followers to ceaselessly apply themselves to forging their faith. For example, he says to Shijo Kingo: 'Strengthen your power of faith more than ever' (WND-1, 681), and 'You must summon up the great power of faith more than ever' (WND-1, 1000). He also praised the lay nun Kubo for her 'ever-strengthening faith' (WND-2, 877), while encouraging the lay nun Ueno to 'strive even more earnestly in faith' (WND-1, 457). In this way, the Daishonin urges even followers of exemplary faith to keep strengthening their resolve all the more. Put another way, the spirit to keep striving even harder is the essence of faith and the most fundamental key to practising the Daishonin's Buddhism."

SGI Newsletter No. 7883, LEARNING FROM THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN: THE TEACHINGS FOR VICTORY. [9] 'The Supremacy of the Law'--Part 3 [of 3]. Faith That Grows Stronger Is the Key to Eternal Victory, from the Sep. 2009 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated Nov. 6th, 2009.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 412) Selection source: "Discussion Meeting reports", Seikyo Shimbun, November 12th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Buddhism teaches that the sufferings of birth and death are nirvana. Life is always filled with troubles. The Buddha was constantly troubled about how to help all living beings. If we had no more troubles, life would be completely dull and uninteresting. Food tastes good because we're hungry. Getting a raise makes us happy if our salary before was low and we were having a hard time making ends meet. Real joy is to be found in struggle.

"Attaining Buddhahood doesn't mean that we're free from all problems, have heaps of money, and live in a big fancy house. It's a life-state filled with great joy, vibrant energy, and brimming with a vigorous, positive spirit, ready to rise to every challenge. If we dedicate our lives to kosen-rufu, we are certain to attain Buddhahood in this existence."

SGI Newsletter No. 7871, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 4, The Treasure of Life 52, translated Oct. 9th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In the light of the above points, this shows, my followers, that you had better cut short your sleep by night and curtail your leisure by day, and ponder this! You must not spend your lives in vain and regret it for ten thousand years to come."

(The Problem to Be Pondered Night and Day - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 622) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, October 12th, 2009

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Having not yet gone beyond, I am open to enlightenment of all sorts.

Thanks for the preceeding words of wisdom T!

"In the light of the above points, this shows, my followers, that you had better cut short your sleep by night and curtail your leisure by day, and ponder this! You must not spend your lives in vain and regret it for ten thousand years to come."

Full time work is good for the soul.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"The true victors in life are those who, enduring repeated challenges and setbacks, have sent the roots of their being to such a depth that nothing can shake them ."

Daisaku Ikeda

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Buddhism is about winning. In a certain sense, kosen-rufu is a challenge to achieve indisputable proof of victory."

SGI Newsletter No. 7884, 33RD SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2], Youth--A Time for Making the Fundamental Cause for Eternal Victory, from the Nov. 3rd, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Nov. 13th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"You must not only persevere yourself; you must also teach others. Both practice and study arise from faith. Teach others to the best of your ability, even if it is only a single sentence or phrase."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 386) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 14th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's take good care of ourselves especially around the time when the temperatures fluctuate a lot. Rather than being overconfident, thinking that somehow we'll be OK, let's make sure to have warm clothing on hand. To be prudent is a very important point in order for us to stay healthy and lead successful lives.*

Daisaku Ikeda

"It is a matter of rejoicing that your usual prudence and courage, as well as your firm faith in the Lotus Sutra, enabled you to survive unharmed." - "The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra", WND-I, page 1000

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Life, in one sense, is a constant battle against deadlock. As long as we are alive, as long as we continue challenging ourselves, we are bound to come up against difficult obstacles that block our way forwards. If life were all smooth sailing, if we never encountered setbacks, that itself would be a sign of stagnation."

SGI Newsletter No. 7883, LEARNING FROM THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN: THE TEACHINGS FOR VICTORY. [9] 'The Supremacy of the Law'--Part 3 [of 3]. Faith That Grows Stronger Is the Key to Eternal Victory, from the Sep. 2009 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated Nov. 6th, 2009.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Therefore, I say to you, my disciples, try practising as the Lotus Sutra teaches, exerting yourselves without begrudging your lives! Test the truth of Buddhism now!"

(The Selection of the Time - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 583)

scegy

Hello friends!

It's been a rough time these days, also cought a lil bit of some of the flus going around atm, am still beating it also with the help of Daimoku, no pills were needed for now. Hope all others that were sick are on the right track again.

My dark karma is always here, trying to "help" me, but she's really doing a bad job on the helping part. I think i'm slowly starting to realize that this is a whole-life battle and to learn to look even further ahead. Thanks to Daimoku i can go on instead of just sobbing, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo people!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

BodhisattvaBrothers!

BodhisattvaBrothers!

Very true my MyohoBrother Scegy. I'm just so pleased to know our spirits are seeking Gohonzon in unison and appreciating the immeasurable value of the mandate to do Shakubuku and practice this Buddhism correctly for life is our requirement.

I have not made thousands and thousands and thousands of posts over the years if not for mercy Gohonzon has had upon my life. That is why I also overcame my recent bout with the FLU because I have loads of kosen-rufu to do! That is why because I practice Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism with Doubt-Free Faith I will win a scholarship to a private school and get another promotion at my job with a pay increase! Watch me do it brother, I'm chanting for straight victory all the way.

MY actions might not be flawless, but my intent and resolve are absolutely aimed at Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Watch me do it brother, I'm chanting for straight victory all the way.

MY actions might not be flawless, but my intent and resolve are absolutely aimed at Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

EasyM, we have been watching since the beginning and your growth and conviction is something to behold. Nothing but eternal encouragement to all Bodhisatvas of the Earth.

Mugi Wasshin all the way!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Big V for Victory! :dueling:

Status
Not open for further replies.