What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lola! How cool! I was really actually, no bullshit, gonna PM you! But here you are! WOW!

So glad to have you Sis! Welcome back!

Well I got this weeks Gosho done. Easy they are power point slides so I don't know how to share the here. But I do want you to know what the last one said, "Mugi Wasshin baby!"

Respects,

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Gosho says that "fortune comes from one's heart and makes one worthy of respect."* People whose hearts are full of gratitude and appreciation are truly beautiful! A humble heart is the wellspring of great growth and development!

Daisaku Ikeda

* Gosho, New Year's Gosho -WND1, page 1137, "Misfortune comes from one's mouth and ruins one, but fortune comes from one's heart and makes one worthy of respect."

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BOG, I hope you keep posting man! I know you're busy but welcome home! Good to see you again Stevius. And thank you dear Sister Trichy for helping keep us up on the board! Bud Your Buds look AWESOME! Everybody ought to check out Bud and Mrs. B's outdoor thread cause it's just about over. SoCal, I don't know where you find all the stuff you post, but it never ceases to amaze me ! Thanks! Easy, words cannot express how proud we are of how hard you keep trying! You're an inspiring young man! Thanks for sharing your life.

Good to see you again Haze crazy!

Scegy, Sleepy, Chris, Wilson, Forest, Delta, Tree Huggers, Wamen, Fallen, Hit, Bonz (WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU BONZO!) All my friends, I hope you all have as happy a life as I do. I wish that from the bottom of my heart each and every single day. I know some of you are, and some of you aren't. No matter what we face let's keep together and care for one another!

I hope you all chant for Bonzo! It's been six months and I am getting kind of scared....

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 345) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 4th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In the early days of our movement, Mr. Toda said:

"'The purpose of our Buddhist practice is to enjoy happiness throughout the eternity of life.... The activity of the universe itself is the very epitome of compassionate action. Likewise, sharing the Daishonin's Buddhism with others is an act of compassion. Compassionate action is 'the work of the Buddha.' It is also truly noble because, in the process of such efforts, we are able to realise lasting happiness not only for ourselves, but also to open that possibility for others who may be suffering from poverty and want. There is, therefore, no nobler work than this.'

"Helping friends who are struggling with the fundamental sufferings of human existence by talking to them about our convictions and guiding them to the realm of faith in the Mystic Law is an extremely admirable act of compassion. It is the most respectworthy action of using our voices to do 'the Buddha's work' as envoys of Nichiren Daishonin, the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law."

SGI Newsletter No. 7882, THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN AND THE MENTOR-DISCIPLE RELATIONSHIP, [11] Buddhist Compassion--Relieving Suffering and Imparting Joy, from the April 2nd, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Oct. 30th, 2009.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Empathising with others' pain and suffering is different from merely feeling pity. Ultimately, the only way for someone to truly overcome their problems is for that person to summon the power from within the depths of their life to stand up strongly on their own to challenge those problems. Mr. Toda pointed out: 'You can't help anyone in a truly meaningful way by just saying how sorry you feel for them. Become leaders who can offer genuine guidance and encouragement based on faith. You should say what needs to be said, and then chant daimoku together with the person you're encouraging.' True Buddhist compassion has nothing to do with sentimentality or mere pity. This is because sentimentality or mere pity cannot help the other person achieve victory in life; it cannot truly relieve suffering and impart joy, for it does not solve the fundamental problem in terms of 'shared sufferings.'

"'Compassion gives rise to wisdom,' Mr. Toda maintained. 'The compassion to want to help others overcome their problems will bring forth the necessary wisdom for us to know the best way to proceed.'

"Buddhism is a struggle to be victorious. So are our lives and our efforts in society. The Daishonin encouraged his disciples with both compassion and strictness to spur them to summon forth the power of the Buddha from within and attain happiness without fail."

SGI Newsletter No. 7882, THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN AND THE MENTOR-DISCIPLE RELATIONSHIP, [11] Buddhist Compassion--Relieving Suffering and Imparting Joy, from the April 2nd, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Oct. 30th, 2009.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Never seek this Gohonzon outside yourself. The Gohonzon exists only within the mortal flesh of us ordinary people who embrace the Lotus Sutra and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 832) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 5th, 2009

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Let's end this year with a BUDDHARIFIC BANG!

Let's end this year with a BUDDHARIFIC BANG!

"Tsukimaro must have chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with her very first cry at birth. The Lotus Sutra speaks of "the true aspect of all phenomena." T'ien-t'ai said, "Voices do the Buddha's work." This is also what I think. The deaf cannot hear the thunder, and blind cannot see the light of the sun and moon. But I am quite certain that the ten demon daughters must be together side by side, giving the baby her first bath and watching over her growth."

The Birth of Tsukimaro
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 188)

Nam-myoho-rennge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-rennge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-rennge-kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I am beating this FLU with Shakubuku and Daimoku! Hope nobody else get sick and I'll make sure to keep chanting for better health! Boy oh Boy am I one happy Bodhisattva. I can reply to Tom's post and say that in comparison to my life before I regained my Gohonzon to now, I'm Happy. The Gohonzon is reflecting great things!

The foundation is Mugi Wasshin, the mission Kosen-rufu!

Alright well back to work for me, I'll keep chanting for my people to keep safe and healthy, while prospering with their abundant daimoku! The power to win is ours, through chanting we assert that winning nature and win! I beat a wicked virus and feel pleased I overcame this terrible total body assault. I'm about 75% there and declare victory because I'll keep doing more shakubuku and focus on Mugi Wasshin (Doubt-Free Faith) this year!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To dedicate our lives to achieving kosen-rufu is the way to true happiness. Sincere daimoku with a sense of appreciation is what polishes our lives and makes it shine brilliantly. The Gosho states: "It is the heart that is important."*

Daisaku Ikeda

*"The Drum at the Gate of Thunder", WND-I, page 949, "The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra", WND-I, page 1000

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"A passage in the Six Paramitas Sutra says to become the master of your mind rather than let your mind master you."

(Letter to the Brothers - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 502) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, October 31st, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 536) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, November 2nd, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...only by overcoming life's problems and obstacles can we become truly strong. If everything always goes smoothly, we will grow spoiled and complacent and be unable to build a solid foundation for our lives. Only by experiencing suffering ourselves can we understand the suffering of others and deepen our compassion.

"Encountering many hardships and challenges in the course of fulfilling our mission for kosen-rufu is itself an honourable struggle to overcome the 'shared sufferings of all living beings.' Our own victories will inspire many people and become a source of hope for our successors. For leaders to experience difficulties and show their triumph overthem is an expression of compassion."

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Today there are people who have faith in the Lotus Sutra. The belief of some is like fire while that of others is like water. When the former listen to the teachings, their passion flares up like fire, but as time goes on, they tend to discard their faith. To have faith like water means to believe continuously without ever regressing. Since you visit me constantly, regardless of the difficulties, your belief is comparable to flowing water. It is worthy of great respect!"

(The Two Kinds of Faith - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 899) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 6th, 2009

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Badass Bodhisattva Message from the Daishonin to Us!

Badass Bodhisattva Message from the Daishonin to Us!

"I knew from the outset that, if I set aside my fears and declared things exactly as they are, I would be sentenced to death. And even if I should escape the death penalty, I would surely be condemned to exile. So great is the debt of gratitude I owe the Buddha, however, that I have not let others intimidate me, but have spoken out."

Letter to the Lay Priest Ichinosawa
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 529)

Don't be afraid or embrassed to chant and do Shakubuku! Tell a friend about Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! and how it works in your life, thereby you too can also speak out without fear of intimidation or reprisal! We are presecuted like the Daishonin because it is as the Buddha predicted and we will accomplish our mission of world-wide Kosen-rufu! I trust Nichiren 100%!

A bow of obeisance to all in order :deep bow of gratitude:

THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Wilson!

Here's an update peeps! We're sure to gain a tremondous victory through faith, practice, study and introducing people to the Gohonzon and Nam myoho renge kyo.

I originally posted this in a new forum Fathers Who Grow here at icmag.

Originally Posted by Wilson!
My Pumpkin Man came home from school yesterday wanting to die. He said, "I wish I was dead." He's 7.

He was the only child in his class not to complete the PE race within the time limit. Everyone else in his class got a completion certificate to be displayed on the gym wall. Not my boy. He was ONE second too slow. He is an Aspergers child. Kids on the autism spectrum are challenged to the core on an average day. But to be discriminated against because of his disability is not only immoral but illegal.

I am pulling him out of the sub-standard babysitting compliance factoy.

My wife and I are looking into homeschooling. I will teach my child with all my heart. Teach your children well the song goes. It's all about the code that we can live by.

Today makes 35 years since I discharged out of the Marine Corps. From working in drug/alcohol rehab and in surgery, commercial crabbing the Bering Sea, Warner Bros Music, sales of damn near everything, I at 55 with a rich diverse background in many areas I can teach my son and teach him well. I was even a meterologist in the USMC. And as a cannabis crusader, I put my ass and wallet on the line and ran for the US Senate x2. And the House once.

Always speaking out against the constant war machine and the trash it produces that's killing us. I don't cotton much for Amerika's wars on sanity.

I can't believe we actually pay people to abuse and neglect our little treasures.

My blood is boiling now. I'm gonna chill with my White Widow and plot taking over all I survey, sorta probably.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm attending an orientation for homeschooling Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.