Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
When it comes to understanding the Lotus Sutra, I have only a minute
fraction of the vast ability that T'ien-t'ai and Dengyo possessed. But
as regards to my ability to endure persecution and the wealth of my
compassion for others, I believe they would hold me in awe.

(WND, 242)
The Opening of the Eyes
Written to Shijo Kingo in February 1272

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I am glad we have each other and each of you played a part to help me motivate myself quicker to prepare to lead another world peace prayer meeting this sunday. I cannot abandon my responsibilities like i have in the past and each of you remind me of our timeless vow to be a Bodhisattva to all and be the Buddha! I won't give up damn it, and we will finish up this amazing year strong!

My Chapter is still growing and the best is yet to come! I appreciate each and every post and action each of you take for others like me in your respective environments! Keep it up my family, I'm proud of each of you!

Thanks Bud for that great message, I needed it! My man T, thank you so much! I printed both your post and Bud's post and used them over the past couple days to get through some shit and get back on track!

LIKE THE ROAR OF THE LION, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Sometimes I feel like there is a flower in my chest and its in bloom!! Much love and respect to you all !!
Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Next year in the SGI-USA the Theme for the Year's United Prayer will be the Year of Youth and Victory! YAY! I did it my friends, I stepped outta the darkness (imposed by self loathing, too much work&school) and led the Behind the scenes movement today and I feel amazing as a result! When I'm not practicing (chanting, sharing my faith and studying) with others life can get fucked up quick! Sorry for using the F word so much, but trust me if you go back I've said much much worse, ahahahahahahaha! Babba, bud we did it man, I'm in a position man to do alot for our organization man thanks to us. Our Bond man between us, with Tom, with the everyone in the thread man, that is the extra amazing bonus we get in this life from this amazing Buddhist Practice. We download our minds as Bodhisattvas in this thread and honestly we are really practicing correctly! I know this because my life is proof of this.

Bud, PTD, everyone here Bonz, everyone knows most of my story and they also know that I'm just like you and also so grateful for Nichiren Daishonin's Life and everything that comes with it! I'm realizing things about myself that are just beyond words, while fighting the worst physically karmic setback I could have avoided but must battle through with daimoku. If you sing the song "I FEEL GOOD" and substitute the titular words with "I GOT DAIMOKU!" thats what I'm feeling right now... come on sing it you know the words "I FEEL GOOD DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH..." now try " I GOT DAIMOKU DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH!" See what i mean :laughing:

I will continue to dedicating myself to protecting my friends that I've introduce to the practice through my daimoku, to the vision of one day helping accomplish the mutual goal of starting up some sort of school with a special dedication to Tony Matsuoka, do more with regards to consistant kosen-rufu, to overcome and keep triumphing over any odds I may face, while always respecting the deep connection I have with Nichiren Daishonin my truest Teacher or rather Master Teacher of all Teachers aka THE REAL DEAL BUDDHA aka THE BUDDHA OF BEGINNINGLESS TIME aka "HE'S IN MY LIVING ROOM BABY AND I LOVE IT"! It's time for bed and there is much work to be done!

It is an honor to share my heart with each of you! I sincerely bow in obeisance to you.

Let's keep chanting, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

From Commentaries on Buddhahood. Lessons on the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin. "The True Aspect of All Phenomena". Soka Gakkai Study Department. Page 30.

Waging a serious battle against everyone' unhappiness, against the devilish functions within oneself and others---this is the resolve of a Bodhisattva of the Earth. Those who make this resolve will stand alone with the spirit to fight against fundamental darkness as Bodhisattvas of the Earth enabling people to bring forth their innate Buddhahood and realize genuine self-reliance.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Bud!!!

Thanks Bud!!!

"Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 1st, 2008)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is precisely when we are in the midst of adversities and difficult circumstances, that we can experience the true power and brilliance of the Mystic Law. In that respect, adversities are our treasures. Let's develop the kind of courageous faith that enables us to positively transform and elevate our life condition so that no challenge is too big for us!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the greatest of all joys."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 788, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 212) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 6th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Recognising debts of gratitude is an expression of the Buddhist spirit that aims to cultivate the richest possible humanity, while repaying debts of gratitude is a hallmark of a life of wisdom that has conquered inner darkness or ignorance. Hence, the lives of genuine Buddhist practitioners always shine with the inner light of appreciation and gratitude.

"Throughout his life, Nichiren Daishonin demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to repaying his debts of gratitude, as a human being and as a Buddhist. He writes:

"'Ever since I began to study the Law handed down from Shakyamuni Buddha and undertook the practise of the Buddhist teachings, I have believed it is most important to understand one's obligations to others, and made it my first duty to repay such debts of kindness.' (WND-1, 122)"

SGI Newsletter No. 7669, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO: THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN, [13] "On Repaying Debts of Gratitude." Kosen-rufu: A Great River Enriching Humanity Eternally--Our Victory as Disciples Is the Greatest Way to Repay Our Debt of Gratitude to Our Mentor, from the October 2008 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai study journal, translated Dec. 4th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EasyMyohoDisco said:
...Tony Matsuoka...

It is an honor to share my heart with each of you! I sincerely bow in obeisance to you.

Let's keep chanting, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Wanna hear something that sort of freaked me out this weekend? The wife told me she just realized--and had no idea of this when she named them--but the Japanese pronounciation of the kanji in the asian names of two of my sons is: 'Matsu' and 'Oka'. Hearing that, I knew Gohonzon was letting me know that the continuous flow is flowing. Let's flow on!

Party at Eagle Peak! Be there or be square! The above quote from The Orally Transmitted Teachings say it all:

"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the greatest of all joys."

I am closing in on finishing my third million Daimoku chart in this last two years! That means I have AVERAGED almost an hour and a half of chanting each and every day, consistently. I could never have achieved that without the constant inspiration and sense of responsibility that I derive from this thread.

I couldn't have a ccomplished that without you guys, and so I say, sincerely and from the bottom of my heart--THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I can never repay my debt of gratitude, though I will try my best!

I bow in humble obeisance!

Thomas

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Joy is not simply your personal, egoistic happiness. Nor is it making others happy at the expense of your own happiness. You and others delighting together, you and others becoming happy together-this is the Mystic Law and the wondrous thing about our realm of kosen-rufu. The Daishonin states, "Joy means that both oneself and others have wisdom and compassion" (Gosho Zenshu, p. 761)

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Monday, December 8, 2008 (Daily Wisdom)

Gold can neither be burned by fire nor corroded or swept away by water, but iron is vulnerable to both. A wise person is like gold and a fool like iron. You are like pure gold because you embrace the “gold” of the Lotus Sutra. The Lotus Sutra reads in part, “Sumeru is the loftiest of all mountains. The Lotus Sutra is likewise the loftiest of all the sutras.” It also states, “The good fortune of the believer cannot be burned by fire or washed away by water.”

(WND, 217)
The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life
Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo on February 11, 1272

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Daishonin observes: 'Here in the entire land of Jambudvipa [the entire world], in all the 2,225 years since the passing of the Buddha, not a single person chanted it [Nam-myoho-renge-kyo]. Nichiren alone, without sparing his voice, now chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo' (WND-1, 736). Even the universal teaching of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo would only be spread when the right time arrived and someone appeared who was willing to stake their life on earnestly propagating it.

"The Daishonin speaks of 'not sparing his voice.' He himself had worked tirelessly, without sparing his voice, to teach people about the path he had pioneered. As a result, he was able to establish the Three Great Secret Laws, the core principles of the supreme teaching to be propagated in the Latter Day. We must never forget that the flourishing of the Daishonin's people-centred Buddhism is fostered through dedicated, practical efforts to spread the Law.

"Merely chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo by oneself without encouraging others to do the same will not cause the Law to spread widely among the people in the evil age of the Latter Day. Unless we can defeat the darkness or ignorance in our own lives and teach others to do likewise, there will be no fundamental transformation in people's lives. Therefore, after declaring the establishment of his teaching, the Daishonin continued to chant and teach others to do the same--'without sparing his voice.' Consequently, he encountered tremendous persecutions. Undeterred, he advanced fearlessly along the path of his mission to propagate the Mystic Law in the Latter Day. His efforts to speak out and spread the correct teaching without sparing his voice epitomise the spirit of not begrudging one's life."

SGI Newsletter No. 7669, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO: THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN, [13] "On Repaying Debts of Gratitude." Kosen-rufu: A Great River Enriching Humanity Eternally--Our Victory as Disciples Is the Greatest Way to Repay Our Debt of Gratitude to Our Mentor, from the October 2008 issue of the Daibyaku-renge, the Soka Gakkai study journal, translated Dec. 4th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
en-lighten-ment said:
NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO

I am so happy to see you are still with us my Brother! KEEP FIGHTING ON! We will be right here along side you!

Where are Hitman, Bonz, Desi and Scegy???

My deepest respect to you all!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. "

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 283) Selection source: "Human Story", Seikyo Shimbun, December 9th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is precisely when things don't seem to be going right,
that we need to summon up an ever greater challenging spirit,
(to boldly and squarely confront whatever it is that is blocking our way.)
Now is the time stand up resolutely!
Let's chant daimoku with strong and sincere faith,
so that we can advance victoriously into the New Year!

Daisaku Ikeda

Bonzo

Veteran
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nam myoho renge kyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im here everyday, but my life is not in such a good way, i take full responsability.

Amazed at recent posts, truly inspiring.

Been trying to listen and get the fire back, i feel bound and shackled, what is stopping me?

Went through old posts of mine the other day, I WAS SO HAPPY!! I know how to get there? Why and what is holding me back!? I have not posted cause im sorta ashamed of myself, "up and down , in and out" and on and on, i feel ya'll are tired a hearin' about it by now. At least im sober!! Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!! Honestly im really confused and scared of the near future. Lame huh? I know.Because i know what i need to be doing and am not to the degree i need to be.

I need to get back.

Love you all from the bottom of my heart

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.