What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EasyMyohoDisco

YES I KNOW BROTHER! I'm so happy you could e-headbutt me right now! ARHHHHHHHHH! GREAT NEWS! HAHAHA! THAT IS BRILLIANT! I didn't have the gonads to tell people that I found out about Myoho-renge-kyo! from growing pot and be leaving this site among others only to return and find my place here and in life.

Today I really used my faith and chanted hard and got what I was trying not to chant for but I really wanted. Watch how quick you'll get what you chant for when you start off with Gohonzon, then later when you want the bigger things like helping others experience your high life condition and the great vibes you and Ann are jamming with, then you'll work hard and chant hard and for the rest of your life reward the world with your new revamped super pure Myoho SELF. Dude you both deserve a kiss! Dudes don't usually kiss but one for BABBA too! MUAH!!!!!!!!!!

xoxox I love you guys too very very much!!! xoxox,
MyohoDisco (yeah baby!!!)

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Today I woke up feeling like a Champ!!! Hell YEAH!

Today I woke up feeling like a Champ!!! Hell YEAH!

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Friday, May 16, 2008

From a mundane view, I am the poorest person in Japan, but in light of Buddhism, I am the wealthiest person in all Jambudvipa. When I consider that this is all because the time is right, I am overwhelmed with joy and cannot restrain my tears.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 977
On Establishing the Four Bodhisattvas as the Object of Devotion
Written to Toki Jonin on May 17, 1279

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

:jump:

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, May 16, 2008

Day in and day out. Today and again tomorrow. Moving of one's own accord to take action, to meet with people and conduct dialogues. This is what Shakyamuni did. Herein lies the correct way of life for human beings and the path of true honor for a Buddhist. This is the rhythm of the SGI's advance-an advance founded upon the same principles practiced and espoused by Shakyamuni and the original Buddha, Nichiren Daishonin.

**Nichiren's Mandate is Kosen-rufu: Widely Spreading Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Here on ICMAG we've got Kosen-rufu flowing in Full Effect! Ohh YES!**

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Regard your service to your lord as the practise of the Lotus Sutra. This is what is meant by 'No worldly affairs of life or work are ever contrary to the true reality.'"

(Reply to a Believer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 905) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 16th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats Myoho and Desi! Thanks to you SoCal! How is work?

Bonz are you doing what you're supposied to be doing? Hit? Got a date yet Sceggers?

How about at least a cameo "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" Bud???
(Do what you think you need to do)

Much love and deep respect to all, and all my love to DG! Talk to you soon dear.

Thomas

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Thank you T!

Bud, I'm gonna ring the bell, and chant until you come home. You are top dog.........our backbone to this thread, and without you, we are not complete as one whole enity, not really bud. Please talk to us, or what is it bro? Your hurt and angered? The tears aren't faraway.......

I miss Sceggy and Hitman too......I hope your feeling better Sceg. Hit, what have you been up to bro?

Bonz, please take care of yourself........Your Buddha spirit has been trying to keep you directed because it loves you so much and it always finds you entrenched in fun loving women like you really appreciate. Your such a good person...........all my love bro!

Desi

Just remember, the earth's most beautiful flower grows out of dark, murky, water......and........

Last edited:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
EasyMyohoDisco, you have come so far and grown alot, bro. I thought about you today, and you make me so happy!

Love Desi

E

EasyMyohoDisco

HOLY SHIT BIGGEST FAITH VICTORY EVER!

HOLY SHIT BIGGEST FAITH VICTORY EVER!

Desi let me tell you, YOU WERE WITH ME TONIGHT! I had the best meeting ever! The Youth Young Men's and Young Women's Leader for all the USA were here at my meeting and it was Q & A!!!! I came out by admitting for the first time in public, I'm a chanting grower shakubukued by Babbabud and PTD on ICMAG and I'm a perennial individualist who struggles with Japanese group ideology and this Mentor Disciple concept. I suggested in my attempt to practice correctly and appreciate everyone as I should equally I sincerely wished the World Tribune and other publications would focus more on every other member (new member each page each issue) than selling me the same catch phrases and lines. I tried to say the nicest way possible to really try and encourage others as I said what I had to say and let me tell you guys here that the rest of the meeting went even crazier! They spent half an hour agreeing with me and then throwing out a disclaimer for those considering to practice solo that it sucks (obviously) but good to hear none the less.

After the meeting the USA YMD leader comes over and spends the next 15 minutes talking and a big japanese dude comes over and says "hey i've lived in grow houses and am with you 100% we gotta connect with the local youth and people in more reasonable and local ways!" I said "Exactly and I think that is what i get from the modern encouragement from President Ikeda who I believe is basing those words on the Nichiren Daishonin." I was so glad to proclaim Nichiren Daishonin as my eternal mentor, it felt exhilarating! That zone leader was there and he was hugging me afterwards and telling me we are gonna meetup really soon and the region leaders seemed to be so proud of me and everyone was really smiling so much to me and treating me so amazingly I felt i just shattered the huge huge wall that was slowing me down!

Once again, I'm rolling on the Daimoku Express, NEXT STOP= Kosen-rufu City (anywhere I go)!

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU BUD! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "the wheels keep on turning, and the fire inside keeps burning, burning, burning, burning up fundamental darkness!YAY!"

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Thatsright I couldn't sleep, I was expecting a high five from right since we always..

Thatsright I couldn't sleep, I was expecting a high five from right since we always..

pass it to the left hand side! Whats up bud! Dude let me tell you brother I'm stoked, you know it is so exciting man when you get your prayers coming to fruition! Ohh I needed that soo badly! I got a little something (big thing for me brother, but little in the sense of what is to come) and dude I promised I won't give up and you know man things get rocky in life and sometimes angles don't just work out as well (almost pretty often) but still we're optimistic and I know that this summer (in a few days time) everybody gonna be getting solar rays in full effect and we're gonna shine like the Diamonds we are. You told me that, we're shining the diamond!

I'm supposed to be doing this paper right now, 6 pages worth. Gonna get an A on it and just feel real happy tomorrow. Lets just live in rhythm with the exclusive for each of us Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! vibe we're bringing to the table and keep it flowing. How lucky are we to be able to even discuss this! Bleh!

I'll be able to maintain life to life connections and support my friends who have also got Gohonzon because of the last 2 1/2+ years deep deep in this and I'm in it for life. No tattoos but its in my spirit, goes where this body goes and I'm going to bed!

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Good Perspective

Good Perspective

Ganja baba said:
so true my friend , spot on ... not looking for the negative in things, but first looking at what is positive seems to be a main trait of happy people ...

Ganja baba, I really appreciate you pointing this out. I had to struggle this week to keep your perspective that you understood from SoCal's post #8016 .

I love how this thread works to keep me between the lines. Thankyou brother!

Peace, Desi :wave:

Last edited:

Hitman

Hi Desi! Hi Myoho, SoCal and Bonz! When I'm on this site I feel cooler than the Fonz! BigDaddy T and GeorgiaLou and Mr. and Mrs. Bubbabud too! You know how much I love and adore all of you! And anyone that accidently and foolishly left out, I send this heart felt Daimoku from out of my mouth!

Have a happy, productive day everybody-Handle the storms, put one foot in front of the other. Walking through the rains will wash you off. Feel the fear and stand right up to it with Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Stay gracious when chanting, it may be your last. I learned that right here and I cannot thank you enough. I am soaring in my mind when I chant and the smile that used to appear on Gohonzon is there when I soar. Up, up and away and out over into the eternal space. With my chest out, swallowing my fears I chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and all of this is put into perspective. I can feel myself hovering above all of the problems on earth, all the images in my head and the chanting holds me there as I pierce forward and you all in my heart!

Easy- You are a brave heart! You're fearless. You knocked them devils out. Since we're breaking into the public sphere now I'm referring to us as the Growing Chanters.
Protected by Symantics!

Sending Daimoku out to all!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This Hits for you!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For those who loved Velma...

For those who loved Velma...

"Nichiren Daishonin states: 'To uphold the Lotus Sutra [Nam-myoho-renge-kyo] is the highest of all expressions of filial and supportive conduct [to one's parents]' (OTT, 176). We uphold faith in the Gohonzon. If our parents have passed away, we can send them daimoku each day, and if they are still alive, we can chant for their happiness. By doing so, our parents' lives will be embraced in good fortune and benefit.

"There's no need to worry if your parents don't practise the Daishonin's Buddhism themselves. Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with faith in the Gohonzon is the best possible way to support and care for them. Please have deep confidence in this."

SGI Newsletter No. 7541, 17th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 3], The Mentor's Greatest Treasure Is the Disciples' Success, April
23rd, 2008, translated May 14th, 2008

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"A blue fly, if it clings to the tail of a thoroughbred horse, can travel ten thousand miles, and the green ivy that twines around the tall pine can grow to a thousand feet."

(On Establishing the Correct Teaching of the Peace of the Land - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 17) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 15th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"People who can rejoice and be positive are happy. You can't be happy if you're always complaining. Let's advance with faith that enables us to live with joy and fight courageously against wrongdoing and injustice. Unless we speak out when we see wrongdoing and injustice, we won't be able to savour true happiness."

SGI Newsletter No. 7541, 17th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 3], The Mentor's Greatest Treasure Is the Disciples' Success, April 23rd, 2008, in Seikyo Newspaper April 28th, translated May 14th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"A wise person, while dwelling in security, anticipates danger; a perverse one, while dwelling amid danger, takes security for granted."

(The Problem to Be Pondered Night and Day - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 621) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, May 17th, 2008

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Ponderance is a Great Thing

Ponderance is a Great Thing

PassTheDoobie said:
"A wise person, while dwelling in security, anticipates danger; a perverse one, while dwelling amid danger, takes security for granted."

(The Problem to Be Pondered Night and Day - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 621) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, May 17th, 2008

Hi T and Hit! What a wise saying. I looked it up in my Volume 1 of Nichiren. I can now start putting pieces together, halalooya!

You guys are going to kill me when I tell you this. My oldest sister just called to inform me she has a cedar Butsudan that she now is sending to us with assorted other stuff. She practiced for six years as a SGI member in Little Rock. Back then she said the chanting practice was more rigirous and lengthy and it just got to be too much for what she was getting out of it.

So I forgot, or never listened to her very well about her practice. I just don't remember.................probably when I was coked up all the time...........and drinking, and, bla bla bla..........funny how we change as we/I get older............for the better......

Deep respect to you all!............Desi! :wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If you care anything about your personal security, you should first of all pray for order and tranquillity throughout the four quarters of the land, should you not?"

(On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 24) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's essay, Seikyo Shimbun, May 18th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts