What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
G. Sensi brother! You are so full of spiritual love and compassion that it sweetens my heart...........you are good bro, you are great! Loneliness is such a displeasure when you have so much heart and mind for the care of others.

Family, of great family, I am truly inspired by our last page, with Bonz's cameo appearance and Easy making my life just dang easier. Easy, you are a rest stop with your kind words.

T and Socal, these pages are kicking ass!

Scegy, i feel for you bro so damn much..........I will be thinking about you, easy, Bonz, heck everyone,... my Hitman who's truth spirit guides me through these tough times.

Can you tell I went to my first meeting!!! T, thankyou so much, and evrybodys encouragement. Gohozon will happen around first of June!

Gotta go to work, Love, Love, Love!.....Desi.........mo later

Ganja baba

Veteran
sat suri akal

sat suri akal

i like this thread , i like how it compels one to add some thing most spiritual and influential , delve into the depts of ones mind to find relevant personal spiritual accounts of ones self ...… i will just listen , we can learn so much from not talking just as much as talking ...
what we learn is like music , we can understand some thing in a song then years later you kick your self and realise you never understood the lyrics properly , and when it hits you , you can feel stupid but enlightened ...... just like life its self...
This is what this thread will do ,, only years later can we understand the benefits of the past .... And that leads to a beneficial and a more positive now.
my thought are with the 1000s suffering in china Burma and around the world … suffering this minute ...
.good thread guys ,

"When one door is closed many more are open" . Bobstafari .
"A rich mans weight is in his city , the righteous weight is in his holy place"
had to edit and ad this .
ones bowl is never full , just like ones bowl of herb . i just reasently learnt the true meaning of this ... had to share thanks .

Last edited:

Ganja baba

Veteran
SoCal Hippy said:
"Life possesses the mysterious power not only to transform the
negative into a neutral state but to go beyond that to achieve a
positive state…we overcome the suffering of sickness and in so doing
even the experience of sickness enriches our lives and makes them
more worthwhile, providing the material for a great drama of
fulfillment that unfolds day after day."

Daisaku Ikeda

so true my friend , spot on ... not looking for the negative in things, but first looking at what is positive seems to be a main trait of happy people ...

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think he's either supporting a request that I made by also being absent, or is protesting my request silently. Either way, as it has been since virtually the beginning almost four years ago, the only reason this thread continues is because of Babbabud. He's the reason I'm still here or else I'd have left with all my posts a month ago.

I have nothing to hide. No matter how many other people post here, this is my thread. But it wouldn't exist if not for my Brother Babbabud. It is my honor to have had such a friend in this lifetime. Thank you Brother!

I bow in obeisance to you all!

Thomas

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Therefore, we know that the prayers offered by a practitioner of the
Lotus Sutra will be answered just as an echo answers a sound, as a
shadow follows a form, as the reflection of the moon appears in clear
water, as a mirror collects dewdrops, as a magnet attracts iron, as
amber attracts particles of dust, or as a clear mirror reflects the
color of an object.

(WND, 340)
On Prayer
Written to Sairen-bo in 1272

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Kosen-rufu is a long-term struggle we are pursuing over the ten
thousand years of the Latter Day. Therefore, as we strive to realize
victory in the present, we need to maintain a vision of the next fifty
or one hundred years. Each day I am making efforts with my focus on the
infinite future."

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
kosen-rufu
[広宣流布] ( Jpn)

Wide propagation, or wide proclamation and propagation. A term from the Lotus Sutra that literally means to declare and spread widely. The "Medicine King" (twenty-third) chapter of the Lotus Sutra reads, "After I [Shakyamuni Buddha] have passed into extinction, in the last five-hundred-year period you must spread it abroad widely (kosen-rufu) throughout Jambudvipa and never allow it to be cut off." Nichiren (1222-1282), identifying himself as the votary of the Lotus Sutra, made it his lifelong mission to fulfill the above injunction of the Buddha, that is, kosen-rufu. He saw widely propagating his teaching of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, which he identified as the essence of the sutra, as the fulfillment of that mission. Nichiren wrote in his Selection of the Time, "Can there be any doubt that, after this period described in the Great Collection Sutra when 'the pure Law will become obscured and lost,' the great pure Law of the Lotus Sutra will be spread far and wide (kosen-rufu) throughout Japan and all the other countries of Jambudvipa?" (550). In The True Aspect of All Phe-nomena, he also wrote, "At the time when the Law has spread far and wide (kosen-rufu), the entire Japanese nation will chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, as surely as an arrow aimed at the earth cannot miss the tar-get" (385).In On Practicing the Buddha's Teachings, he wrote: "The time will come when all people will abandon the various kinds of vehicles and take up the single vehicle of Buddhahood, and the Mystic Law alone will flour-ish throughout the land. When the people all chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the wind will no longer buffet the branches, and the rain will no longer break the clods of soil. The world will become as it was in the ages of Fu Hsi and Shen Nung" (392). He meant that the spread of the Mystic Law would bring about peace in society and nature.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"In the clear mirror of the Gosho, the true nature of all things becomes apparent. That is why it is important to hone our wisdom through Buddhist study.”

President Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"What a joy it is for us to have been born in the Latter Day of the Law and to have shared in the propagation of the Lotus Sutra! How pitiful are those who, though born in this time, cannot believe in this sutra!"

(Letter to Niike - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 1026) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 14th, 2008

Bonzo

Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my Friends.

Things are snowballing. Yesterday i get a call from another district member, insisting that we meet for a cup o coffee, totally out of the blue and she had no idea of my meeting just a day before, gotta tell ya'll, i did not want to go, FEAR ,FEAR ,FEAR! i felt like shit cause i have started the Detox and gettin back to who i really am. We met and had a couple o burgers, which i shoud'nt have done, cause when your on the mend food can strait up fuck you up, physically i mean, makes my heart rate jump sky high, but it has to be done, we HAVE to force ourselves to eat when detoxing.

Anyway im gonna keep this short, he he he, right!. Once again it is/was a testament to the Mystic law this gal had NO IDEA what i been doin to myself and she is even MORE hip to it all than the gal i ran into a day before. We hung out for two hours throwin info back and forth, i mean that in a good way, again just huge love and respect flowin back and forth, unreal!

Its proof again my brothas that this is FOR REAL!

I hope i made my point, im not all there right now, but HAVE to post these things up, its what my heart tells me anyway

peace ALLWAYS

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo

Bonzo

Veteran
PassTheDoobie said:
"What a joy it is for us to have been born in the Latter Day of the Law and to have shared in the propagation of the Lotus Sutra! How pitiful are those who, though born in this time, cannot believe in this sutra!"

(Letter to Niike - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 1026) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 14th, 2008

Couldnt agree more.

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Yeah my cousin Babbabud shakubukued me and is closer than any brother or friend we could ever wish to have. Shit the last doozy I was drowning in, guess who was there for me? I mean like a couple weeks ago was rough and bud was like "Come on bud, what's up? Where you at, you good?" I know and understand the profound meaning of those words and how they keep our movement and lives together. Like I have this great respect for the thread doing things for me, but there are actual people on the other side of every post! Every person here is sincerely putting it out there. Fuck i've posted many a times with tears rolling down my eyes and because of events outta my control things could have gone haywire like when Icmag was down for a couple moments in the past a couple times and I was threadless and if bartender didn't give me a copy recently I woulda been threadless period because I have less than the first two years printed (425 pages of text and going) and no ink. I'm uncomfortable about alot of things but I've learned from my Buddhist Teachers (Professors) like Desi just did and LeonardoDaVinci and Alwaystotheleft once did and Scegy did and I did to just get up and go and get Gohonzon.

This thread, Babba kept it going with PTD and Socal kept it flowing and we keep rising up and together look at the 8000+ expressions of heart. I mean really, aren't we all leaders at this point, if not with others with ourselves. I got something big brewing for all of us. You'll see its all about spreading and spreading the wings of kosen-rufu and dropping daimoku on them!

I got to admit still rough waters but much a brighter horizon is just a few clicks away! I been studying more again and picking up the OTT and really digging all the great great guidance I get from all directions. Thank you all so much.

Thanks always,
MyohoDisco

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"At such a time, the three obstacles and four devils will invariably appear, and the wise will rejoice while the foolish will retreat."

(The Three Obstacles and Four Devils - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 637) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, April 15th, 2008

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The Lotus Sutra states, "[The doctrines that they preach...] will never
be contrary to the true reality." T'ien-t'ai commented on this, saying
that "no worldly affairs of life or work are ever contrary to the true
reality." A person of wisdom is not one who practices Buddhism apart
from worldly affairs but, rather, one who thoroughly understands the
principles by which the world is governed.

(WND, 1121)
The Kalpa of Decrease
Recipient and date unknown

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
During our dialogue, his motto was Laboremus, Latin for "Let's get to
work!" Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism focuses on the present and future;
it is infused with the spirit, "Let's get started!" we practice for the
sake of the present and future. It is important not to become trapped
in the past; we have to put it behind us. The Buddhism of true cause is
always based on the present moment; it is always "from this moment on."

Quote - Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"In accordance with the Buddhist principle of three thousand realms in
a single moment of life [the all-encompassing nature of each moment],
pessimistic thoughts or feelings take form, just as they are, in
reality, producing negative results. People who have negative
thoughts create effects for themselves that perfectly match their own
think*ing."

Daisaku Ikeda

Bonzo

Veteran
SoCal Hippy said:
"In accordance with the Buddhist principle of three thousand realms in
a single moment of life [the all-encompassing nature of each moment],
pessimistic thoughts or feelings take form, just as they are, in
reality, producing negative results. People who have negative
thoughts create effects for themselves that perfectly match their own
think*ing."

Daisaku Ikeda

Thats a HEAVY one SoCal!

SO TRUE!!

thank you!!

peace ane love

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Interception EasyDisco.....

Interception EasyDisco.....

Ohh shit folks this is his Fourth Interception of the game and he's going, he to the fifty, smoking by the devil of the sixth heaven, the 40 just got an A in Honors English, the 30, the 20, he's high stepping it on the 10, 5, omg did he really just get that lucky and ohh yes he did..... TOUCHDOWN!

MOTHA FUCKING TOUCHDOWN! I WON THE GODDAMN SUPER BOWL! THANK YOU GOHONZON!

HELL YEAH, WOOOHOO THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR DAIMOKU AND SUPPORT! I hit a fu cking grandslam, thank you guys for the recent encouragement, today I grabbed my balls and took what is mine!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Don't be afraid. Don't be Defeated. Faith! Victory of Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Seek Good Friends

Seek Good Friends

Easy now, you all are blowin my ass away! This wheel is turning, yearning, and LEARNING!

Let me backup a second or two. Hey Babbabud, we miss you bro. We are your online family too. Please pay us a visit. Please, fucking please........

Thomas, I just can't thankyou enough for all of this. Me and Ann went to the community center last night, I signed the papers after Gonkyo (SP) and a group intro meeting.

I'm shining at these meetings because of all of YOU!!! They ask me how, and I tell them the "Chanting Growers" and some cocked their heads, hehehe. I'm not gonna lie to real friends. Gohonzon is set for June 7!

Now, SoCal, whow brother.,Some great wisdom your spreading. Brother Bonz beat me to the punch, hehehe, I was gonna quote that one too about negative thoughts. That's a hedge trimmer for sure.

Easy, fucking shit bro, are we all estactic for you! Damn, you just made my day!

I love you guys more than you'll ever know..........but I know you know.

Peace, love Desi :jump:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.