What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I always knew I never needed a Superior priest to tell me what to do say or think. It never felt right growing up in a monotheistic household, conforming to untruths from birth. My freedom is my emancipation from the imposed evils and my knowledge and practice of the Mystical Law. I knew Myoho Renge Kyo before I began posting in this thread earlier this year, but I did not become aware of Myoho Renge Kyo until I began to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Understanding that my lifetime of learning has produced lasting effects leading to a more vigorous engagement into enlightenment and subsequently sharing MYOHOdisco throughout the world eventually spreading Kosenrufu has continued to change my life very positively!

Please chant for me, I had a very nice "grace" period after recieving the gohonzon but I need your prayers too. In return rest assure I will continue chanting for all of you.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
easydisco said:
I
Please chant for me, I had a very nice "grace" period after recieving the gohonzon but I need your prayers too. In return rest assure I will continue chanting for all of you.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I already knew that.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

I have this sense that many of us on this thread are hitting the wall right now.

Hang in there everyone! If your own fudamental darkness is keeping you from chanting enough Daimoku to break free from your current suffering, don't think the Buddhist Gods have abandoned you. One's own lack of action renders them dormant.

Chanting when you are in a low life condition can almost be painful at times. Your own fundamental darkness manifests as feelings of fatigue, distraction, procrastination and self-loathing. It's all bullshit!!! Your OWN bullshit! If possible (meaning as in, "if you can do this"), never dogg yourself. One slanders and obscures their Buddha Nature when they "hate" themselves.

Please remember the Universe expects us to fail, to fall down, to be weak, to make mistakes. It's the mercy of the Law that allows chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to mitigate these things. If one were unworthy or incapable of completing the journey because of experiencing these feelings, then the path would be empty, because no one can escape the obstacles created by their own fudamental darkness.

The fact of the matter is, completely overcome your fundamental darkness and you have attained enlightenment.

Don't give up.

Keep chanting!

Don't be afraid, don't be defeated. Faith! Victory of GOLD.

(How's the back, Bud?)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO LIKE THE ROAR OF THE LION!!!!

Thankyou PTD..... always what we need to hear when we need to hear it :)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Wooohooo I am so happy that we all have had such a week of challenges and again another chance to have our buddha nature surface. I am in awe of how well you read us all Thomas. This week has truly been a challenging one. When i read your post today and realized that we were all pretty much tumbling through the same bullshit I got liberated .... a big part of it just being that you were so aware of it. I could hear it in you and Easy early in the week. All I can say is once we realize whats happening to us half the battle is over. Man ive been in front of my gohonzon and then off to the group chant.... Im liberated ....i feel better inside and i know the outside will not be far behind. Thank you so much for the wise words.
Man this shit works. Once you realize the devil of the sixth heaven is workin his shit you just gotta kick his ass ... go sit in front of the gohonzon and chant man. The dude is scared to death of the buddha nature and will leave your ass alone everytime. Remembering is half the battle. The other half is chanting with faith. Man get in front of the gohonzon and work it out .... you will feel better. If it doesnt work the first setting then try again. If that doesnt work then call your sgi brothers and sisters or go to a meeting and chant with the group.... that willl work!!!
Ok well sorry bout the rant but i just need to let you guys know ... prooof positive again.... i feel so much better after chanting.

Nam myoho renge kyo

G

thank you very much, I just completed diamoku and feel much better, even after bud asked me to chant, I still could not, till I was ready, I felt the gohonzon reflecting my chants back to me telling I am in charge, only I control myself. Empowerment! Thank you friends we are truly connected.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you so much for the wise words.

Thank you so much for the wise words.

Babbabud said:
Man this shit works. Once you realize the devil of the sixth heaven is workin his shit you just gotta kick his ass ... go sit in front of the gohonzon and chant man. The dude is scared to death of the buddha nature and will leave your ass alone everytime. Remembering is half the battle. The other half is chanting with faith. Man get in front of the gohonzon and work it out .... you will feel better.

Nam myoho renge kyo

Dude, you make me happy! Thank you!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For clarity:

For clarity:

According to the teachings of Nichiren, fundamental darkness and the devil of the sixth heaven are the same thing.

T

G

bud told me something valuable everyone should realize, when you chant especially when you need extra prayers keeping chanting until the problem is resolved and "take a step back" and reflect within your heart. His faith transcends his physical pain and inspired me to chant late into the night seeking help from my gohonzon... guess what I realized..... I truly am the gohonzon.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Life is a challenge!
It is through struggling to overcome all those obstacles
and ceaselessly striving to achieve our goals
that we can forge and develop ourselves
and find the correct course towards true happiness.
As a result our lives will certainly be victorious and successful,
and will shine with great good fortune and benefit.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As long as we are alive we will experience suffering and hardship. But that doesn’t mean we have to be unhappy. Unhappiness comes from allowing ourselves to be controlled by life’s sufferings, feeling deadlocked, and losing hope, courage, and the will to advance. By dedicating ourselves to kosen-rufu, we broadly open our hearts and cause the sun of joy to rise in our beings. Illuminated by this inner sun, the darkness of our sufferings will instantly clear and every setback will become a springboard for fresh possibilities.

"The Swiss educator Pestalozzi (1746–1827) wrote: 'What is gold is not destroyed by fire; it only purifies itself in the blazing flames.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 6809, The New Human Revolution—Vol. 18: Chap. 3, Moving Forward 46, translated April 18th, 2006

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tell you I feel so much better. Hope you guys have all turned the corner today....lots of good chants aimed at kicking ass on the fundemental darkness. I have been walking up right like a human being today :) Much better... this thread and you guys rock!! Forward :)
nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually I turned the corner last Friday when I got back up from being ready to go to bed and opened the Butsudan to chant for that thirty minutes about your back and for you to see and show absolute actual proof. I guess that prayer has been answered.

The cool thing is that by caring so much for you and for your faith and practice, I was able to immediately help myself, though that isn't the reason I got up to chant! You were! That's why I posted the thank you in my response to your request.

Based on my experience, in my opinion, what I needed most was to encourage you in some manner, because fundamentally, another person cannot chant enough to change another person's karma. That is something that ONLY each individual can do for themselves. However with the correct understanding one can certainly affect another person's karma, based on the inter-dependance and inter-connectedness of all things.

Ultimately, even if you are sure that the other person will NEVER practice Buddhism, if your prayer is based on them practicing Buddhism, chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the Universe will NEVER fail to hear that prayer. Even if you never see or become aware of that prayer being answered, be absolutely deeply convinced and rest assured, that prayer will always be answered.

I could never repay the debt of gratitude I have for the unbelievable life I have lived by propagating the Law. Never ever. My SINCEREST hope is for everyone reading this to share that experience, and feel the same way too.

Thank you!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Remember?

Remember?

This is what I said:

PassTheDoobie said:
Bud! Thank you so much! You asked for it and I got up and opened the Butsudan again and sent some (around thirty minutes) to you. I pray for your relief and remind you that many people will require the wisdom you gain from overcoming this obstacle. You asked for this to prove the power of the Law. So you must prove it, and I will do anything to help you that I can.

I hope everyone will remember that the obstacles we encounter have already been guaranteed to occur. Don't be afraid, and don't be defeated. None of what we face is insurmountable. Maintaining your persistent faith, undaunted, requires great courage more than great strength. No matter how down and out you let yourself slide, Daimoku will take you back to where you need to be as fast as your faith will allow it to. It can be as fast as instantaneous. It is up to you. Ultimately, you can count on no one but yourself. Maybe, because ultimately, it is all a reflection of you.

Good or bad.

So how is the image reflecting back in the mirror today?

To maintain a practice of Buddhism--chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and doing gongyo daily, sharing your experiences and encouraging others, and studying the teachings--is one of the most difficult things one can attempt to maintain devotion toward.

I pray for you all in deepest respect,

Thomas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wooohoooo
The chain reaction that our interconnectedness starts is amazing. The encouragement i recieve from you guys is priceless. Thankyou so much for the daily love you guys all send to us. It truly keeps us going. So great to have brothers you can count on :) The challenges just keep on coming ... nam myoho renge kyo for that .
We are so fortunate to have these daily challenges that keep proving how wonderful the mystic law is . Thanks to you all....lets have a great weekend :)
nam myoho renge kyo!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amber draws dust, and a magnet attracts iron particles; here our evil karma is like the dust or iron, and the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra is like the amber or the magnet. If we consider these [analogies, we can see why] we should always chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

[ The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra, WND Page 142 ]

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SoCalHippy ??

SoCalHippy ??

SoCal where you been buddy ? Hope you can find the time to drop in and say howdy . Weve been missing your daily post SoCal ... the encouragement you send is missed brother. Hope all things are going good for you and your family !!
nam myoho renge kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Calling All Bodhisattvas of the Earth

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !!!

:wave: :woohoo: :woohoo: :wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Answering the call: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

Answering the call: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

In the Latter Day of the Law, no treasure tower exists other than the figures of the men and women who embrace the Lotus Sutra. It follows, therefore, that whether eminent or humble, high or low, those who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo are themselves the treasure tower, and, likewise, are themselves the Thus Come One Many Treasures.

[ On the Treasure Tower, WND Page 299 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thus Come One
[如来] (Jpn.: nyorai; Skt.: tathagata; Pali.: tathagata)

One of the ten honorable titles of a Buddha, meaning one who has come from the realm of truth. This title indicates that a Buddha embodies the fundamental truth of all phenomena and has grasped the law of causality spanning past, present, and future. There are two opinions about the Sanskrit and Pali word tathagata. One view interprets it as a compound of tatha and agata, meaning "thus come one" and indicating one who has arrived from the realm of truth. This is the interpretation generally used in Chinese translations. The other interprets the word tathagata as the compound of tatha and gata, meaning "thus gone one" and indicating one who has gone to the world of enlightenment.

Many Treasures
[多宝如来] (Skt.: Prabhutaratna; Jpn.: Taho-nyorai)

A Buddha depicted in the Lotus Sutra. Many Treasures appears, seated within his treasure tower, in order to lend credence to Shakyamuni's teachings in the sutra. According to the "Treasure Tower" (eleventh) chapter of the Lotus Sutra, Many Treasures Buddha lives in the World of Treasure Purity in the east. While still engaged in bodhisattva practice, he pledges that, even after entering nirvana, he will appear with his treasure tower in order to attest to the validity of the Lotus Sutra, wherever it might be taught. In the "Treasure Tower" chapter, Shakyamuni assembles all the Buddhas from the ten directions. He then opens the treasure tower and, at the invitation of the Buddha Many Treasures, seats himself beside this Buddha. Shakyamuni then employs his supernatural powers to lift the assembly into the air, and the sequence of events known as the Ceremony in the Air begins.

See also: Ceremony in the Air

Ceremony in the Air
[虚空会] (Jpn.: koku-e)

The second of the three assemblies described in the Lotus Sutra, in which the entire gathering is suspended in space above the ground. The two other assemblies take place on Eagle Peak. The Ceremony in the Air is depicted from the latter half of the "Treasure Tower" (eleventh) chapter through the "Entrustment" (twenty-second) chapter of the sutra. In the "Treasure Tower" chapter, the treasure tower of the Buddha Many Treasures emerges from beneath the earth and is suspended in midair. Shakyamuni, after summoning the Buddhas who are his emanations from the ten directions, stations himself in midair, opens the treasure tower, and enters it, taking a seat beside the Buddha Many Treasures. Then, using his transcendental powers, he lifts the entire assembly into space so that they are at the same level. This begins the Ceremony in the Air. The "Treasure Tower" chapter ends with Shakyamuni urging the audience to propagate the sutra in the evil age after his death. In the "Encouraging Devotion" (thirteenth) chapter, the innumerable bodhisattvas attending vow to fulfill the Buddha's will even if they must endure persecution by the so-called three powerful enemies.

In the "Emerging from the Earth" (fifteenth) chapter, the bodhisattvas of the other worlds make the same vow, but the Buddha refuses to entrust the mission to them. At that moment the Bodhisattvas of the Earth make their appearance; this marks the beginning of the essential teaching of the sutra. In the "Life Span" (sixteenth) chapter, Shakyamuni reveals his original enlightenment-the enlightenment that he attained numberless major world system dust particle kalpas in the past. In the "Supernatural Powers" (twenty-first) chapter, Shakyamuni transfers the essence of the sutra specifically to the Bodhisattvas of the Earth led by Bodhisattva Superior Practices, entrusting them with its propagation in the Latter Day of the Law. In the "Entrustment" chapter, he transfers the sutra to all the bodhisattvas present. Then Shakyamuni's emanations return to their lands, the treasure tower reverts to its former position, and the Ceremony in the Air comes to an end. The heart of this ceremony consists of the revelation of Shakyamuni Buddha's original enlightenment and the transfer of the essence of the sutra to the Bodhisattvas of the Earth.

Nichiren (1222-1282) states that the object of devotion he revealed as the Gohonzon is the perfect embodiment of the Law, which is the essence of the Lotus Sutra, and that it is also a representation of the Ceremony in the Air. The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon reads, "This Gohonzon was revealed ... in eight chapters [of the Lotus Sutra], from the 'Emerging from the Earth' chapter through the 'Entrustment' chapter" (831). It also reads, "Without exception, all these Buddhas, bodhisattvas, great sages [attending the Ceremony in the Air] ... dwell in this Gohonzon" (832). The fact that the ceremony takes place in the air signifies that it transcends the framework of time and space.

From source: The Soka Gakkai Dictionary of Buddhism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts