What's new

CFL Club!

V

Voodoo

Doesn't matter if they're 23s, 26s, 42s whatever - lumens are lumens.

Personally, I have about 45k lumens about 2 inches from the plants. Here are some current shots from my 690w CFL setup.

Heres one around week 4 ish..
picture.php

Though frankly albert at about 8 weeks is my favorite..
picture.php

Load up the cab with CFLs, there is no wrong answer - the only correct answer is MORE!:wave:

wafflemanwillis

Personally, I have about 45k lumens about 2 inches from the plants. Here are some current shots from my 690w CFL setup.

*snip

*snip

Load up the cab with CFLs, there is no wrong answer - the only correct answer is MORE!:wave:

Sounds good. It seems cheaper to run multiple small bulbs rather than say a Hydrofarm 125w bulb/reflector package and if there is no benefit to running the bigger bulb then why bother.

V

Voodoo

Actually thats one of the ideas I've been toying with - run a 1000 watt setup - but with only 5 200w CFLs. I want to see if the singular lumen sources cast light further into the canopy or if they are still limited by the "glow" of a CFL as opposed to the semi focused light a HPS/hood reflector has.

200w cfls - 12k lumens

CFL reflectors

I was thinking Id run a few large bulbs in what would basically be cool tube setups that all connect into a manifold with an extraction fan (long tube header looking) would keep em cool as well as supply CRAZY lumen density..

Downside - 200w and only 12k lumens?? Lame!

Of course this option also requires $400 or so...

Grosgourdin

Hello, i got a question that is probably simple for you, but I am not an electrician and i am the kind of guy that hates to mess things up so here's my question.

I am about to wire my cfl with an extension cord i bought. I know that i need to wire the whites together and the blacks together. But can i wire any of the wire of the cords with the cfl ?

I mean there is probably one of the two prongs that is white and the other one black so I should be careful with that, at least that's what I think. Problem is, the cord is white and dont know wich wire is the black or the white. Is it the one with the large prong? the one with the small? I'm kinda lost in this..

I hope that my question is clear. thanks

endofwed

picture.php

picture.php

Instead of getting one large 100w+ cfl, multiple 42w or 26w cfls allow you to position them all around the plants, especially near the bottom where the nodes get barely any light.

fellow cfl clubbers
---i m o---the cfl is the king of the under 2 square foot grows..thats about 15x18 inches

is the use of 300 watts of cfl or more in grow area wasteing enegy...and money...
in my limited knowledge, isnt h i d a better source for penetration and lumens???

u get awsome cfl lights on ebay
thanks for the info urbangorilla:dance013:

after many hunts on e-bay....
i won bid for 2--40 watt-5000 kelvin-cfls-2500 lumens..
the bid was $2.08....S&H cost $$7.50---kool wit me......

i plan to use this along with 42 watt- 2700 k-2700 lumens..

1-40 +1-42 to cover 1 square foot
this will be in clamp lamp reflector with a Y adapter...
this reflector is adjustable in 1/2 inch increments

on side of box i will have a 26 watt i6oo lumens ION cfl--
this is supposed to clean the air-hopefully smell a little...
:wave:

New light setup for my box, 8 42w CFLs with a 80mm Fan blowing out. My box is in a room with little heat so I should be ok with heat this fall. By next summer I may be using LED, we will see. This cost me about $60 to make.

blueschato

Veteran
HiBrIds

HiBrIds

Hallo brorhers & siters,i started 5 seeds,it's a cross with ww/s.maria auto,very strange cross,but involuntary,and now i'm very curious to see what comes out:D.Growing with 180w cfl in a homemade strange secret box:biggrin:.....

10 days from seed

27 days here

macro

It's a very strange situation cause after 23 day since the babys were born it start the flowering,i turned to 12/12 at the day 15' and now it's very hard to know if they held the automatic gene.
What do you think about?If they held the right gene it mean i have so much autoseeds!!!Wow....
Update soon..:wave:

basspirate

HOODOO, do you mean to imply that 84 w/sq ft is a good number to go for or is it weak in your opinion? I'm working with 81 and just flipped my clones to 12/12. It seems like that should be enough.

The one thing I will say about CFL grows is you get some HIGHLY varied results. I think the biggest thing is how green your thumb is.

HOODOO, do you mean to imply that 84 w/sq ft is a good number to go for or is it weak in your opinion? I'm working with 81 and just flipped my clones to 12/12. It seems like that should be enough.

The one thing I will say about CFL grows is you get some HIGHLY varied results. I think the biggest thing is how green your thumb is.

I M O
the amount of cfl watts needed will vary with your growing method...
and walls reflectivity and light placement.....

with SCROG---84 watts /2700 kelvin/5400 lumens cfl's will get you by in a 1 square foot area...........
your 81 cfl watts should do just fine in 1 sq ft....

I M O
the taller you grow your plants---
the more watts you need to flower............:wave: