What's new

CFL Club!

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Here are the pictures (sorry about the size of the photo's I'm using my web cam and it's a old one.)of the ATX Mid tower pc case I just finished and am using now along with my other one. I used the front covers from the CD and Floppy drives for more realism. I have a 120mm and a 90mm fan for exhaust in the back. I wired a plug to the old power supplies plug and switch wires so it uses the computer power cord and switch. And I have a pc surge protector strip plugged into it that powers the two other power strips and the 1 amp ac power supply for the fans I can also move the lights around to adjust for plant height or to side light the plants. And even add more lights if desired. I put a 60mm fan at the intake to assist air flow. And as you can see I'm using three 26w/100w CFL's. I've got plants in it already and it works good. I thought about all of the good ideas I've seen folks using here and figured I'd use some of them in this case. So I really have everybody here to thank for sharing their case pictures.:tiphat: :canabis: :smokey:

tronkyx

I haven't improved the DR's method. I am the grasshopper. I ph balance everything I put into my soil to 5.1-6.1 every time. My plants seem to like this.

Hey MicroDude,

Just another question, ok. I'd like to know how do you grow? I mean, all plants at same time, or perpetual? And I'd like to see some pics of your empty cab, just to show us how it was made, please.

Regards
Tronkyx

P.S.: Forgive my english because I'm already an english student and I've never been in the U.S. so I'm doing my best.

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Hello, I have a 125 watt blue cfl i am currently veging 2 plants under what size space a can this light cover?

any help would be great
The smallest I would use it in would be a mid or full tower pc case. In a mid tower you could have two lights. But a full tower case you can have still more lights. Just be sure to have good ventilation in what ever you use.:tiphat:

M

MicroDude

soda crop

soda crop

Well I cleared out the soda bottles. A couple pics of what they do in my micro cab. Kitty approved!

Thanks for the info and quick response, size is not a issue i have built a box about 2foot by 2 foot with the light that can be moved up/down, got a couple of little ones vegging in there they seem to be doing ok but was not sure if the light would cover the whole area ?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Thanks for the info and quick response, size is not a issue i have built a box about 2foot by 2 foot with the light that can be moved up/down, got a couple of little ones vegging in there they seem to be doing ok but was not sure if the light would cover the whole area ?

They say the minimum lumen-per-square-foot you should use is around 4000-5000. The maximum you should bother with is around 10,000. (10,000 is what the sun puts out at noon.)

That being said, I run six 42w bulbs (252w total) in a space that is just a hair over 2 square feet.

So your 125w bulb would cover a 1 square foot space with about the same results that I get. You'll still get some growth in a 2x2 space with that 125, but if I were you, I'd add at least one more of them, with both of them mounted horizontally at the top, with an equal distance between the two bulbs and the walls. (To give the most even coverage above your space.)

M

MicroDude

Very frosty

They look great
Thanks I pulled the 4 in soda bottles a couple days early so the rest of cab had a little more room to breathe. I'll be chopping down 4 more that are in 4" pots in a couple days. have a look! :wave:

Hi every1 !!, i grow 9 plants of an unknown strain with 340 w cfl ( 85w x 4 ) , 11lt pots , 2 plants in each pot . I think cfl are so cool . now the girls are into bloom (24days 12\12 ) and i think are well . soon i post some picz ! Jah bless U and all g.farma indahouse

RudeDog

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Organic bag seed. 300W dual spectrum cfl.

The two are @ 28 days of 12/12

i only have tap water for her , i use micro bloom lucas formula , the pics were taken at 35 days into flowering. i am using 5 26 watt cfl's . any ideas on how to pump up the yield in the last few weeks of flowering

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
need to try again with that link homie. When I click it I get *MY* photo album. :) (I'm sure everyone else does too.)

Go to edit, go to advanced edit, and then select "insert". (It's to the right, under the smilies, in a section called "my photos".)

FYI - I use tap water, I just let it bubble for 3-4 days before I use it.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Some very nice buds and plants being shown, good stuff CFL peeps, keep cranking those lights down close.

Peace an Respectsz

Latest posts

Latest posts