What's new

CFL Club!

foaf

Veteran
why is there lights that shine on bottom of plastic pails
its gonna be crazy. if this works, I think it could be scaled down to really optimize any smaller space. I'm going to LST the lower branches downward. Usually in this space with tons of light, the bottom gets too cramped and I do a bunch of pruning, seems like a waste, so I'm going to have about 1/3 of the plant grow downward from the starting point. hopefully Ill have canopy from floor to ceiling, and the top light is 10 feet from the floor so that's a lot of plant. I think Ill call it volumetric growing, if it works like I want. Ill do a grow log elsewhere and explain everything once I get my SSH clone rolling in a few weeks, just wanted to add to the cfl thread for starts since its likely the most cfls ever amassed in one place and since I just finished wiring them up. :)

tariq

Wow foaf major props wiring that and having the idea to even do that is amazing. My own pc cab has gone through a bit of changes but unfortunately at home my interweb is down :(... I'm starting to lst my plant as well. Can't really call it a lady yet since no genitalia is even showing..

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Howdy All, here's some reveg plants under 130w CFL 24/0 for the last month and now back in the flower cab.

Peace.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm not in your club but I wanted to show you guys..

I'm not in your club but I wanted to show you guys..

High there everyone :wave:

I just got done using CFL's for a sativa dominant pheno and am more than impressed with the density and size of the colas! :woohoo:

picture.php

I took these off of one shrub style plant that sat under two of my four 42W CFLs...

picture.php

I just wanted to say that I am blown away by these little fuggers!! :D

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Thanks guys! :friends:

I even took em early as I was running out of room but think they could have bulked up even more. I was scared the buzz wouldn't be so hot but it really knocked my socks off! (and I'm a pretty hard judge) :abduct:

I have fallen back on CFLs to test out new beans or cuts all the way through flower just this year but I find it a great way to see bud structure and resin development similar to an HID just in a smaller space on a smaller scale... and I am speechless... :yoinks:

So as far as CFLs go - stoned ramble translated into the short version... care of my favorite limeys:

I'm a believer! :jump:

It's the first time I've actually been shocked in the hobby since digital ballasts :bigeye:

Last edited:

telievision

In Germany the Philips PL-L solution is very trendy. 55W solution is preferred. They are about 55cm long(55W and 80W version, but 80W version has lower lm/W output) and are made in T5.

these are mine, but I improved the reflector by now, will post updated pics later

telievision_09_65_2.jpg

and the result...

telievision_09_191_.jpg

telievision_09_191_1.jpg

telievision_09_191_2.jpg

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Very nice, telievision! There is a club for PLLs on this same forum if you didn't know.

Here's my new contraption, the Hashcan (built out of a trashcan). I'm still building it but got the lights hooked up today.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Scrub bro that is so sweet, i like the way you think my man you are on to something here, and it's all stuff from the hardware store so much better for the stoner like myself who hates going to hydro stores. How big is ya scrubber going to be or no scrubber? Something only that big i wouldn't bother myself, but i've seen them out there sugabearII for example of pc fan carbon scrubber designs etc, just my :2cents:. I reckon with the three lights you should be alright and ready to get it cranking out. Happy Growing.
Peace.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Cheers boom! Yeah the scrubber will be on a screen/mesh that takes up the whole "floorspace" of the roof. See that cross peice of wood just above the lights? That holds up the screen and carbon. So all the heat should go straight up, no bends in the flow. I need a better fan blowing on the bulbs cos they got pretty hot. Dunno if I'll even be able to flower in it yet because it's not even hot yet but ambient temps inside the house were 82F. :yoinks:

iBlazeBubonic

How Many CFL's should i use for my 3'x1'x'3 stealth night stand im working on?, and should i buy the 6500ks and the 2700ks? also would 3 computer fans do the trick for ventilation one for intake and two for exhuast?

telievision

Thanks ScrubNinja.

When will you be finished with your new box? Looking good til now :)

Could you provide me with a link to the PL-L club? Seem unable to find it, not mentioned in the Library of links and the search feature seems to dislike my usage of it :1help:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Telie, I'm pretty much finished building that cab now :) I have a few seedlings growing in it at last!

Here is the PLL Club. It's still pretty new.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Ok guys i got a question for you.Is anyone running the walmart brand,4 bulbs in the green box 23w bulbs? The reason i ask this i bought these sometime ago and i thought they maybe sufficient but im having doubts. A light went out in the bathroom of my house, so i figured i could spare one of the 10 extra bulbs i have(4 26w 2700k,4 23w 2700k, and 2 26w 6500k). I tried one of the 23w bulbs and i was stunned at how dim it was. There was a 13w mini in the next socket and it was brighter. I tried two different bulbs and they dont seem to be fully light to the tip like the mini.

I didnt try my 26w but 3 watts should not make THAT much difference. So im thinking about taking these back to wally world and swapping them out for one of the name brand bulbs that they have. Any thoughts ?

Ok guys i got a question for you.Is anyone running the walmart brand,4 bulbs in the green box 23w bulbs? The reason i ask this i bought these sometime ago and i thought they maybe sufficient but im having doubts. A light went out in the bathroom of my house, so i figured i could spare one of the 10 extra bulbs i have(4 26w 2700k,4 23w 2700k, and 2 26w 6500k). I tried one of the 23w bulbs and i was stunned at how dim it was. There was a 13w mini in the next socket and it was brighter. I tried two different bulbs and they dont seem to be fully light to the tip like the mini.

I didnt try my 26w but 3 watts should not make THAT much difference. So im thinking about taking these back to wally world and swapping them out for one of the name brand bulbs that they have. Any thoughts ?

there is a variable brightness per square inch of exposed lit glass in different bulbs. You got some that aren't intense. Buy some new ones and on to the next problem.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Just as i thought, im going to take them back as they are unused. Ill just swap them for a known better brand

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
And the veg cab currently has this sauccer i made eheh, it is a 40w 1000 lumen osram, three pigtail 23w 1600 lumen from lexman, and three 15w 1200 lumen (can't remember the brand name).:

This is so bitchen! That's the kind of ingenuity that made this country great! I Salute you sir!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts