What's new

CFL Club!

lol ghetto paint,came up with the headboard idea for stealth..having a small room,a armoire would not fit..and ppl always wanna open shit! my head board will have a slide of door..nothing to grab and open:)

Max0r

puffmadizm:

Looks good dude, always love the MS paint sketchups!
Anyway, I was thinking that you're gonna have a lot easier time keeping temps/odor under control if you split your ventilation into two separate systems.

Try and build the lights in an enclosure, sealed off from the rest of your cab by something like plexiglass. That way you can exhaust the hot air straight out with a relatively unrestricted pc/axial fan. The rest of the flower cab should be vented with a fan strong enough to provide a decent air exchange rate while pulling through a scrubber.

If you try and run the whole thing through one fan, the results won't be as good and you'll end up having to use an inline fan which is going to kill your stealth aspect.
Unless you consider the sound of a vacuum cleaner running 24/7 to be inconspicuous.

I would refer to redgreenry's fantastic thread 'Ventilation 101', which I posted a link to a page or two back.

Good luck man!
Can't wait to see you get started.

BlueHalo

Hey Romy, nice set up. Love the fact that even though you grow wilh hps you still use the CFL's. CFL"s are the SHIT! What strains are you growin in there? Lookin healthy!

I'm glad Redgreenery's back. He is the one who inspired me to do my rubbermaid grow. I remember seeing his R2D2 thread and I was like "man, if this guy can do this then I certainly can too". He's got lots of great info on his ventilation 101 thread. A must for any dedicated grower.

Today one of my Tundra (Autoflower) got some pre-flowers on her. The other 4 have yet to do the same. They are on week 6 and still no sign from the rest. My experience with most Autoflowering strains is that they will flower anywhere between 4 and 5 weeks, but so far mine is the only one that I have seen go 6 weeks. PUFF PUFF!!

lol, max0r you must be reading my mind..are you puffin bc kush too? :joint:
i was just working on new ideas

i have a captains bed(drawers under the bed) it consits of 2 seperate sets of drawers,which leaves aabout a 12 inch wide,and 8 inch high channel running under my boxspring,so i decided thats where i should vent,using the bed to muffle sound,and to have my scrubber in there,so i decided change my headboard plan a bit,my headboard will now be flower only,i just finished a grow with a friend,and the plants are under lights hoping to re-veg(give me some green mojo reveg love please!!!!) i will make a small cab for mums and clones,or just clone at my friends and transport them here while tiny

Max0r

puffmadizm:

Sounds good bro!
Puffin on some Pre-98 bubba to be exact!

I got stuck in a situation with not enough airflow to cool my lights AND pull through the scrubber so I'm just trying to save everyone else some of my pain!
good luck on the reveg dawg!

winkdogg

YOU WOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE WITH THE BIG BULB IN THAT FIXTURE AS LONG AS ITS NOT STRESSING THE SOCKET FRON THE WEIGHT. IVE SEEN BIGGER ONES THAN THOSE IN VANITY STRIPS WITH NO WARM WIRES OR ANYTHING:) THEY JUST SUPPORT THE HEAVY END WITH A TWIST OF BAILING WIRE TO TAKE THE WEIGHT OFF THE SOCKET:) YOU MIGHT NEED TO REMOVE THE TRIM RINGS FOR A BETTER FIT TOO..

hey for a cloning chamber like a stealth computer glow box just for the cloning part so mainly the first few weeks of life what type of cfl's should i use i have 2 120v ac 60Hz "warm light" 1200 lumens outpus 20 wat bulbs can i just do a clone chamber with 2 of these or should i throw another one in there?

Small update!! 7 days Flower!!

Small update!! 7 days Flower!!

Heres just a few.....Check out my sig thread!!

picture.php

picture.php

Comments plzzz......

thought i would submit my little rummermaid grow,2-42watters and 4-23watters,vegged for 18 days and flowered for 56,have 2 bc kush in there that should have gone longer,but i was moving,so i decided to chop, started with 15 seeds,ended up with 8 females,4 of which have revegged!!! yeah clones for outdoor! harvested 17 grams off of the girls,left a bunch on for reveg purposes,once clones root,i will grad more of the buds

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Day 32 of 5 C-99 clones and a Sweet Diesel under 220w of 55w PL-L lamps :)

Attachments

• First-Flowering-Day-32.jpg
    First-Flowering-Day-32.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 18

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
cfl...KING Is Back!!!

cfl...KING Is Back!!!

Hi all im back after a long break, had a bunch of bad shit happen but all is good now. ill be doing a grow thread soon, but heres wat i have going this time. two grow boxes well ones more like a closet, veg/clones/mothers 36"x20"x 40" with 4 2' flor. tubes temps 70-75, flower 36"x24"x60" with 8 55w 2700k cfls temps 75-80. i have 5 seeds germinating right now in the veg box, pickin up some soil tonight.

Also im glad to see everyone grow with cfls!!!

slowandeasy

Veteran
How close do you guys like to keep your plants from your 42 watt CFL's? Small clones are 6 days into flower, in a small cabinet. There are 3 42 watt, 4 23watt and 1 65 watt. What do you think would be optimal height? Temps are perfect.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
get the cfl as close to the plants as you can before they start showing signs of burn(yellowing).get a thermomiter, put it at the same distance as the plants are to the cfls an just make sure its not over 80-84. ive had cfls touching without problems

BlueHalo

How close do you guys like to keep your plants from your 42 watt CFL's? Small clones are 6 days into flower, in a small cabinet. There are 3 42 watt, 4 23watt and 1 65 watt. What do you think would be optimal height? Temps are perfect.

I can literally keep the 27 watters an inch away from the leaves without the girlz showing any signs of heat stress. Remember, the farther they are away from the light source the more strectch they will get, and in a small place added inches to a plants height is non-negotiable. PUFF PUFF!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts