What's new

Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
few questions... how long did you veg for, how many plants do you have under the 400, how big are your grow bags and how often do you water? thanks for the help.
Mister Postman said:
I have a few plants 12 days into flower under a 400 cmh. I have no complaints so far.

It's a new strain to me, so I can't say for sure they grew better under the cmh then another bulb, but I was certainly pleased with the short internodes, quick root growth, and overall bushy stocky growth of the plants this run.

I second the silca also.. I used Gen. Hydros rare earth which is a silicon, humate, mineral supplement in my coco organic mix this run. It's hard to say whether it was the new light, or the silica but I noticed extremely solid stem/trunk growth, and much stronger branches overall. All the better at holding up my big juicy buds come late flower I say:rasta:

From right is a wonder diesel ix, and the others are chemdog d bx1's
11783chem-closet-3.jpg

117831-chem-c-a.jpg

117831-chem-c.jpg

11783fff-4a.jpg

117831-chem-b.jpg

117831-chem.jpg

Mr. Postman veyr nice girls and yes must love the tight nodes, vigorous root and vegetaive growth. No stretching here, I used LST as well but coupled with the quality of light from the CMH can't complain at all, the healthiest I have seen indoors so far from any of my plants.
1000518-fcupu7yk.jpeg

1000519-49kj78xji.jpeg

1000521-49kj80i8k.jpeg

1000522-49kj8egpw.jpeg

1000524-49kj8y20v.jpeg

1000528-fcuq81v4.jpeg

1000530-49kjaki5c.jpeg

1000531-49kjaxbkj.jpeg

1000532-49kjbjwel.jpeg

LST + CMH = Beautiful Foliage. ;) Proper foundations for good buds.

chimei

I picked up some dyna-grow Pro-TeKt that a local green house had.

It's 7.8% Silicon and 3.7% Potassium.

I am going to use it, at 1/2 Tsp a gallon every watering

I don't like one thing the Dyna-Grow website says about it..

Longer lasting leaves and longer blooms, the longer blooms sounds like it could extend flowering time.. anyone that uses silica as an additive notice any negatives to using it?

I also noticed some liquid ferts already have Silica in them, Tiger bloom and big bloom do not seem to, but one other I had did.. I can't recall the name, pure blend bloom (not pro) I think had silica listed as an additive in it.

my plants get nothing but PBP, LK and molasses. Doesn't look like any extra silica is required IMO. AS far as I know there is silica in the PBP formulas, it is listed on the bottle.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
C21H30O2 said:
few questions... how long did you veg for, how many plants do you have under the 400, how big are your grow bags and how often do you water? thanks for the help.

Unless you plan to grow the same strain, under the same lights, and utilizing the same medium, and feeding regimen I wouldn't use my results to be a solid guide line to what you may achieve. It'll be a rough guide if anything, and could really vary greatly do to genetics, and the environmental variances between grow to grow.

Getting that outta the way, these plants were vegged 8-9 weeks from seed, then switched to 12/12. They are 12 days into flowering in the whole closet pic I posted. The individual pics are about 5 days in.

I was able to fit 4 plants with that veg time. They were close to being wall to wall in my 10.5sqft. closet space before the flip. If it was sativa variety this most certainly wouldn't have worked out, but being a kush hybrid the stretch was minimal and it worked out nicely.

The finishing grow bags are 3 gallons. With the medium being a lighter coco/castings/perilite based medium I'm able to water every 3-4 days now if throughly soaked. I'm sure as they start blooming heavily, and filling out the bags I'll be watering every other.

Last edited:
J

Jebus11

Has anyone else noticed that htg is out of 400watt DIY ballast kits, i dont see them listed anymore ;-P I bet it was this thread that did it.

you can still buy the complete light with a standard bulb for 120 bucks which is damn cheap and it is a solid unit. 53 for the CMH bulb and you got yourself a great grow light.

MPL

Update on the HTG 400w DIY ballast kits:

Mine has been firing my 400w CMH consistently at 100% the past week or so. This is with a 4.5' lead to the lamp.

rabid

Phillips Ceramalux 400w

Phillips Ceramalux 400w

This is what the Phillips distributor in Singapore is offering...real deal or not???

Last edited:
rabid said:
This is what the Phillips distributor in Singapore is offering...real deal or not???
sorry to say but that isn't a ceramic metal halide bulb they look much different.

Last edited:

rabid

Thanks Jack. The Ceramalux specs are damn near identical and the Phillips rep in Singapore sez they are the same bulb...just relabeled. The element looks a bit different tho...

G

That Ceramalux bulb is a piece of shit standard HPS bulb. It is not at all like the CMH.

G

I got my 400W CMH Horiz. bulb and ballast/reflector...YAY! I have some "good" seeds from Pismo Beach. Bag seed but only the best strains were smoked.

I'll have some pics soon

M

Microwido

Jebus11 said:
Has anyone else noticed that htg is out of 400watt DIY ballast kits, i dont see them listed anymore ;-P I bet it was this thread that did it.

You are 100% right bwuhaha! :smoke: :smoker:

I think about 30+ people have bought a setup do to this thread. Count me as one of them :headbange

I can't say anything about the quality of the retailer but while pricing I found Sola brand ballasts at 1000Bulbs.com for $60 and some change, the shipping on it was like $12 I think.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
ya that ceramalux is chity HPS>. not what we want.. those are not rebranded they are a model of hps from philips
plants looking Great.. id actually use it as a mom and grab big cuts.. id trim the lower a bit..youll get a bit outa it though..