What's new

Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
hey simba, are those medium based CMH bulbs position specific as well? on the site it doesnt say which one can hang vertical and id need that for the way my current 150w hps sits in its reflector.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
abird, the only lamps that are Burning specific in the CMH catagory on adv tech site is the 250, 400 hps retro whites...IE the 20-150 watt G12 Rx7 and Med base CMH are Universal burring position

floppy

simba, i have just one final question before i order the ballast & bulb.

i have now found places that sell the phillips CDM-T bulbs, but they dont say there "open fixture rated" are the phillips cdm-t open fixture rated?

simba

Sleeping Dragon
floppy those are not open fixture rated.. NO G12 or RX7 base CMH is..
if ya look at the pic on this link on the clear bulb you will see a Quartz Sleeve..
That is what makes the 20-400 CMH MH-pulse start versions (the HPS 250,400 retro whites dont need that sleeve because other things Come in to play for the same protection...
if you get the Rx7 or G12 versions make sure you Fixture is rated for a Open Fixture rated Lamp. sylvina Lost a Manufacturing Facility due to a Non protected Failing outside of a fixture (from my sylvinia Reap)

when you say cdm-t that is a few lamps that just designates Tubular Design..not connector or Protection rating..
however within that i haven't seen any philips open fixture rated Cdm-t bulbs

simba

Sleeping Dragon
Mr C. Same news still expected 4-9 months.. Depending who you talk to..
where expecting 4-6 still

chimei

gramsci.antonio said:
can you link it? Or say the exact name?

I've been looking for something similar, but found none. I've asked tons of electrician, but they keep on telling me that this is impossible to find!

Sorry I forgot I posted recently in this thread.

A link was already posted thanks!

http://ecogardensupply.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16764&cat=281&bestseller=

That is the one I have and use. It works great and I set my temp to 80 to turn off the light if it gets that high. I will NEVER use another light without that delay timer feature..

Someone else mentioned up to 60 mins needed, I have never had an issue with 15 minutes pause after power outage.

chimei

Microwido said:
That humming noise that repeats up down over and over again is when the ignitor cannot ignite the bulb. The CMH bulb doesn't fire ez when its hot.

Thanks, do you know if you let it stay in that loop where it's just firing and you can hear it, would a fire start or something eventually? Or would you just run the risk of ruining the bulb or ballast?

Thanks!

simba

Sleeping Dragon
yups..
that timer delay.. Give it another 2 months adv will have a sim version if there tech gets off her ass.. for under 60

vindiesel

Veteran
simba whats your personal opinion of the htg ballast and the agrostar, also @htg? i plan on either 1 w/ a 250W phillpis lamp...i want to order and get this over with...lol
thanks for the help...

simba

Sleeping Dragon
honestly i haven't heard any thing good or bad about agro.. id like to know who actually makes the core..all these Ballast names for horti are just re branding tdc or someone else.. IMPHO they should Release the Orig ballast MFR..
its the same with life-light they say cmh but dont say part numbers cause they ripin ya off..

If i could find a sheet metal shop willing to make some cases for us..
we would bring an entire ballast case/kit for CMEMORY>>
shops could sell a hps 400 ballast for even 100 and still make money (with a case) but its charge what the market can bear.. not fair market cost or charge what the market can afford.. its bear wich means charge what they are willing to come up with..
its not the stores fault they should make a good Profit margin but there distributors rip them off to.. a dist should only get max 25% of the product cost to them.. but most are getting 50%+ not right..
the money train has gone whatever they call it.. cost sprial up for no reason..
side note dived the Profits from exon to how many gallons gas they moved and you see the $1.00 extra for gas we been paying for the last year went to there pockets.

floppy

sorry about this, im back again with one final question....

in your opinion which of the two 70W "G12 or RX7 will have better light displacement?

im thinking more towards the RX7.

i have found a nice sealed MH security floodlight thats only 110mm depth, that will fit just right inside my 62cm tall case

i have found a source for ether G12 & RX7 fittings, that ill mod to fit inside & remote the electronic ballast to it.

so im asking which of the two style bulbs would put more downwards light?

Last edited:

MPL

I'm happy with my HTG ballast. The past few days it has been firing my CMH 100% with no problems. This morning when it came on it took about 20 seconds for it to ignite, but that's about it. This is with a 4.5' lead from the ballast to lamp.

Maybe my CMH "broke in" and became easier to ignite.

duddits

Here are some pics of my first run using 400 W CMH in flower and a 250 W CMH in veg. Also, first time trying coco. Thanks to simba for all his advice!

Panama_Red_X_ECSDV3 Day 49

Toxic Blue mutant Day 33

Panama_Red_X_ECSDV3 Day 49

Lifesaver F2 Day 49 :nono:

duddits

Thanks! I was able to get one cutting off the bottom when it first started to flower (explode) and it is rooted well but it will be a long time before it starts vegging again! My goal is to fill my hut with 16 of them!! :rasta:

simba

Sleeping Dragon
if your going enclosed and being safe,, go with RX7 you get longer life and more "lumen" but ya RX7..that fixture will get hot so either get some air threw it or around it..

Dud No Doubt thats the exact style you want..
you have the single colas. and the c99 with 2 major donk's...
im excited to hear what you think about the edition of UVB with the CMH.. and the Kick..especially the TB ;)

Last edited:

chimei

I have read that Silica is a good additive when using CMH. Does anyone know where you can get Silica to use in Soil, is it something that would only be available in a hydro store?

Is it really that much of a benefit to use it?

mysticls

Hey with that Cap HLC-3 High Temp. Shut-Down.. how does that plug in? I have a 220v 4 light controller and i plug my 4 ballst into this. All the lights are 220v so how would I use that high temp shut down? I'd like to run all 4 lights off it if possible

Latest posts

Latest posts