What's new

Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

W

Wariat

Hello everybody. Sory for not reading all thread, but its so huge.
I have question for you guys. What is the best CMH bulb under 250w ??
Especialy im looking for 70, and 150 w.

Thanks for answer and sory for my bad eanglish ( im from UE )

I have question for you guys. What is the best CMH bulb under 250w ?? Especialy im looking for 70, and 150 w.

Best for what? Best in what sense? Best for growing (given you have no limitations) would be 400 because it gives you the most light (yes i know you're looking for under 250, i'm just illustrating a point). Best for a tiny little cab would be a 70 because of your size constraints. What are you looking for this light to do? What are your restrictions? Why under 250w? If you can answer these/give an explanation of what you need from your bulb, people will be able to better answer your questions.

Much Love

W

Wariat

Best for what? - Best for grow of course...

Best in what sense? - Best in quality of light.

What are you looking for this light to do? - Firstival, Im looking for best quality light, for veg and flo, with full spectrum. I saw some mega frosty buds right here, and i just fell in love with them. Secondary, i want to make some comparison between cmh, and hps with extended spectrum. Of course, it will be all documented in some growlog, but noth from this account, for security reason.

What are your restrictions? Why under 250w? - My only restrictions
are the best quality I can get on the market, and waatage between 70 - 150 W. Price doesn't mather
Why that kind of power ?? because it will be for only one plant. One under cmh, and one under HPS. J have problem with space

Greetings :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just a heads up to anyone from the UK thinking of ordering a cmh from advancedtechlighting.
mine has already taken 5 weeks and still not arrived yet. i contacted the guy after 3-4 weeks and he did respond, but he took another week to ship it.
so if you need a bulb in a hurry, dont bother .
$26 for priority shipping means i expect it to get here faster than a chuffin' banana boat.

and the delays are nothing to do with the postal strikes in the UK either.

Ill post again when it gets here

V.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Love me some CMH.

My new application will include 5 statically hung 1000 hps, with two 400w CMH on either side, on a mover.

The two CMH moving down each side, achieving a complete mixed spectrum.

onegreenday

Veteran
just a heads up to anyone from the UK thinking of ordering a cmh from advancedtechlighting.
mine has already taken 5 weeks and still not arrived yet. i contacted the guy after 3-4 weeks and he did respond, but he took another week to ship it.
so if you need a bulb in a hurry, dont bother .
$26 for priority shipping means i expect it to get here faster than a chuffin' banana boat.

and the delays are nothing to do with the postal strikes in the UK either.

Ill post again when it gets here

V.

I always got super fast shipping.

Must be a glitch somewhere.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
perhaps i was unlucky - i did get an explanation, but no contact for 4 weeks till i chased it up didnt really please me. hopefully the bulb will impress me more than the service if it ever arrives :)

V.

Mackawber

Does Anyone Out There Switch From CMH to HPS During Flowering?

Does Anyone Out There Switch From CMH to HPS During Flowering?

I've used CMH for a while and it's nice but I was wondering if any of you people switch to HPS during flowering or late flowering? I know some of you use a combo of CMH and HPS for the entire duration of your run.

I've got a 600 watter HPS and I bet it would be effective in late flowering.

jgrow

I cant seem to find a site to get 150watt cmh, im thinking about using 1 or 2 any chance someone could help?

cashmunny

Here's a white widow bud shot grown under 400 CMH. The area in the circle is so white I can't see the bud anymore.

312tunl.jpg