What's new

Census taker just stopped by the house

Towlie1

if they show at my house itll be a little diffrant ... I am rippin in to em ... I got 2 notices then 2 forms then 1 more form later.... I sent in the first 1 fast then that last form comes later. hmmmm so I call the 800# haha like that would work recording left a number they never called back. so I did my part and am sick of it before I even see a census taker. I hope they dont come but you never know.

Cheerful

if they show at my house itll be a little diffrant ... I am rippin in to em ... I got 2 notices then 2 forms then 1 more form later.... I sent in the first 1 fast then that last form comes later. hmmmm so I call the 800# haha like that would work recording left a number they never called back. so I did my part and am sick of it before I even see a census taker. I hope they dont come but you never know.

Why "rip into em"? What possible good will that do you? The ppl who show up at the door are at the VERY BOTTOM of the "Census Hierarchy"...they have NO Control over any notices or any forms sent to you prior to their visit.

What you *might* accomplish, by being loud and obnoxious to people on your front porch, is to draw negative attention from your neighbors. Sure hope you aren't growing at home. Be smart.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
President George Washington started the census.
He wanted to know how many hemp growers; there was, out there?...:yay:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
in the area where it says to put your race down on the form put the word 'HUMAN'....that should bamboozle them....

S

sparkjumper

I get a kick out of this shit lol.We should dig up that thread full of tough dumbasses that said they wouldnt come aknockin.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I get a kick out of this shit lol.We should dig up that thread full of tough dumbasses that said they wouldnt come aknockin.
Lol, I keep meaning to put a link to this thread in that one.

And for the record, I was NOT one of those people, just lazy and putting it off, not like it was a big deal to fill out or anything, I would just look at it and think, I'll do that tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, till they knocked on my door.
Going to call them today, I'll post up how that goes.

S

sparkjumper

Its real fast and easy to do over the phone it took all of 9 or 10 minutes.I never got mine in the mail.I got a letter saying it was coming.Then I got another more threatening letter basically saying you better fill it out boy.Then the census letter never came the fucking morons.I just went online to get the phone number its really quick to do

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I filled mine out, then can NOT remember if it got mailed or I lost it in transit to the city we work in everyday. I haven't gotten a notice at this house (we have 2)...so maybe I did. I'm blaming it on pregnancy brain, haha.

I have a legal med. grow, not that it matters...it's not federally legal, so I wouldn't be that fuckin' secure about it if an asshole came up to my house and smelled tree burning or saw something laying around. I trust nobody, even census workers....they're people and people will stick ya. Not to mention half those workers smoke weed at least....evidence of good weed burning or the thought of someone growing at this location is all it takes be hit, so it's NEVER cool to have ANYONE come to your door. For ANYTHING.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never knew the census was such a big deal to the govt, funny how when it comes to knowing about us they're right on top of it..

Hey Moldy, this sh*t will be very important to people in 100 years, just think how many dozen times you check the 1900 census?, I've almost worn my copy out! :)

IWanaGetHiSoHi

I guess I should go fill out that form...I hate hate hate hate hate anyone stopping by unannounced and uninvited...and so does my dog...
It's too late. Sit back and have a tall cool glass from my sponsor (Haterade) however IDK if it's safe for dogs. April 1st was the deadline. They're coming to see you ... Maybe you could fill it out to save time, hold on to it and Hand Deliver it to the individual who will be knocking shortly. I'm in a relatively Remote area and they already came down our Private Road to see about my neighbor (If you can call someone roughly a mile or 2 away whom I barely know a "neighbor").

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
It's too late. Sit back and have a tall cool glass from my sponsor (Haterade) however IDK if it's safe for dogs. April 1st was the deadline. They're coming to see you ... Maybe you could fill it out to save time, hold on to it and Hand Deliver it to the individual who will be knocking shortly. I'm in a relatively Remote area and they already came down our Private Road to see about my neighbor (If you can call someone roughly a mile or 2 away whom I barely know a "neighbor").
I like that idea for those who have not sent it yet, fill it out, and have it by the door for the quick hand off when they knock.
I'm going to try to stop that second visit by phoning it in in a bit here.